• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help with "Discount Coupons"

earthdog

I have been trying to install a discount coupon/code addon. I have tried a couple but they don't seem to work. They install okay, but there is no place in my administration to create the code.

I am using OSC ver. 2.3.4 and I think the ones that I have been trying are for earlier versions. Is there a good coupon addon that will work in my version?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Use this one myself  installed yesterday on 2.3.4

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7644

read the last few forum pages

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/213019-contribution-discount-coupon-codes/page-167

I think this is also OK never tried myself

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7700

regards

Joli

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

I tried both of the addons you mentioned. One of them (7700) has faulty instructions. (It says to find text mentioning Discount Code 3.1.1 and replace it with code that doesn't mention Discount Code 3.1.1.) The problem, again, is that once installed, there is no 'coupon creation link' in my store administration.

Like I said, they are there in for installation. I install them and search for a place that allows me to create a coupon, but there is no such place! I have one (MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_COUPON_TITLE) that was there from when I installed the shopping cart. (I didn't know it was there until after I had downloaded another one.) It is installed right now, but I can't find anything that would let me create a coupon.

I downloaded another one, but it's got too much code to be rewritten, but I will try it tomorrow. I'll give an update as to whether or not it works.

Otherwise, if there is one that is less hassle (less code to rewrite) that you know of, please let me know.

Thank you,

Les

well if it is just a missing link in admin go over the install instructions again you must have  missed something

It looks to me you did not read the download page properly the top download is only an update the one below is the actual install

so you would need to download that follow the instructions and THEN  do the file you downloaded which is an upgrade.

most addons take a bit of work adding and changing code there is no easy way to customise a shop

3. Modify the catalog/admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php file.
3.1. Find:

array(
        'code' => FILENAME_SPECIALS,
        'title' => BOX_CATALOG_SPECIALS,
        'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_SPECIALS)
      ),

Add after:

// Discount Code 3.1.1 - start
      array(
        'code' => FILENAME_DISCOUNT_CODES,
        'title' => BOX_CATALOG_DISCOUNT_CODES,
        'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_DISCOUNT_CODES)
      ),
      // Discount Code 3.1.1 - end

PS: never used this module before I now the other has no problems

I'm not really sure what you mean...Are you saying that 7644 is an update to 7700 (or vice-versa?)

What does that code above go to? It is not in either of the two instructions. Is it the missing code from 7700?

(And if it is an update, then why don't they just name it as such  (ie. *3.2.1 update)?

No wonder the thing is not working. They put these up as addons and they are not even complete. Then someone (like me) has to know what is an update to what. Why not just add the update to the zip file and re-upload it to the addons?

Anyway, let me know which is which (and what the code goes to) so that I can install this with no problems.

Thank you,

Les

Huh ??

You are confusing me what on earth does that mean

"One of them (7700) has faulty instructions. (It says to find text mentioning Discount Code 3.1.1 and replace it with code that doesn't mention Discount Code 3.1.1.) The problem, again, is that once installed, there is no 'coupon creation link' in my store administration."

Decide first  what addon you are installing and post in the support thread

the addon from grease monkey to the best of my knowledge has no faulty instructions or else it would not be working on my shops :D

Discount Coupon Codes 3.34 for osc 2.3.1

works perfectly on 2.3.4

The support thread for the above addon is here

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/213019-contribution-discount-coupon-codes/page-169

I said never tried myself so I have no idea please ask in the support thread for that particular addon if you have installed it

Regards

Joli

I'm not really sure what you mean...Are you saying that 7644 is an update to 7700 (or vice-versa?)

What does that code above go to? It is not in either of the two instructions. Is it the missing code from 7700?

(And if it is an update, then why don't they just name it as such  (ie. *3.2.1 update)?

No wonder the thing is not working. They put these up as addons and they are not even complete. Then someone (like me) has to know what is an update to what. Why not just add the update to the zip file and re-upload it to the addons?

Anyway, let me know which is which (and what the code goes to) so that I can install this with no problems.

Thank you,

Les

Now les when you are finished why do you not take the time to upload so THEY (whoever they are) contribution is updated with a clear install from you

maybe only take a few days of your time

me personally have spent weeks of my time to give free updates for guys like you

Funny thing is not many  ever said thanks (w00t)  "a small thankyou can work wonders is what my mum always said"

PS : Just spent 20 minutes trying to help you of course no charge guess you must have  have earned it in this life o:)

@@earthdog

Never used this addon personally, but can understand the addon page. If you go to the page above, and then click on the history tab of the page, you will see a list of updates. For the moment ignore the top file and save the second one down dated 26/12/2011. It does mention in the text on the page that these files are a full installation package (thats a clue). Open the file and follow the instructions. Once you have everything installed and working, then come back to the page linked to above and save the very top set of files dated 13/3/2012 and follow the included instructions.

Everything should now be working with your addon.

Not updating the full file set does confuse many new to oscommerce and should be stopped with all uploaded addons, but it never will.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Yes I did back everything up!!!

I followed the instruction (EXACTLY) of the addon #7700, and now my shop's administration comes up a blank page. Except for the logo and three links (Administration  |  Online Catalog  |  Support Site), the rest is a blank page. I did not copy all the files in the catalog folder without first copying the ones that needed to be changed from my backup. Then I went down the list making the necessary additions & changes to the files as instructed. (I am a newbie, but am confident enough to follow instructions and copy code into the right files!)

I went to go to my administration page to install, but now I can't even see anything. No buttons. Not anything. (My store is okay, except for the checkout_payment.php now comes up blank as well.)

I will copy the backup files back into my site and see if I can get everything restored to normal (without a coupon addon!) I just wasted my time this morning trying to install something that was way too much code to be replacing. I tried it!!! Now it doesn't work!

Post-Script to John Dunlop: I do say thanks, sometimes in advance (as in my second post in this thread)!!! And if the member does help me, I will say thanks to that member. (And all members that have contributed to alleviating my problem. So, please, don't throw me under the bus, just because of some that don't appreciate the help that is available on this forum!!!

Now, THANKS in advance to anyone that gives me some good advice or a coupon addon that is less of a hassle.

Les

Steve (14steve14),

I think I tried to install the wrong addon. After I restored all the files, I checked again which coupon addon was 7700. Now I have the three files copied over, and the one file modified (which I highly question it), I installed it from my admin > modules section. Now, I can't find where the create coupon link is in my admin. It is nowhere to be found!

Now as to the code in question:

2. Modify the catalog/includes/modules/order_total/ot_tax.php file.
2.1. Find:

function process() {
      global $order, $currencies, $tax_discount; // Discount Code 3.1.1

reset($order->info['tax_groups']);
      while (list($key, $value) = each($order->info['tax_groups'])) {
        if (!empty($tax_discount[$key])) $value -= $tax_discount[$key]; // Discount Code 3.1.1
        if ($value > 0) {

Replace with:

function process() {
      global $order, $currencies;

if ($value > 0) {

It doesn't look right. The one that is in the php file is the one below. The one that I'm supposed to find has "Discount Code 3.1.1" in it. Am I supposed to find the 2nd one and replace it with the first one? I have tried it both ways and the coupon creation link is still not in my admin section.

Please help. Thank you!

Les

The very first instruction in the read me file says

3. Modify the catalog/admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php file.
3.1. Find:

array(
        'code' => FILENAME_SPECIALS,
        'title' => BOX_CATALOG_SPECIALS,
        'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_SPECIALS)
      ),

and to add after

// Discount Code 3.1.1 - start
      array(
        'code' => FILENAME_DISCOUNT_CODES,
        'title' => BOX_CATALOG_DISCOUNT_CODES,
        'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_DISCOUNT_CODES)
      ),
      // Discount Code 3.1.1 - end

This places a link to the coupons page in the catalogue area of your admin.

Your other bit of code is in the file mentioned on line 26 in my file. Just do what the instructions say. Find the first bit of code and replace it with the second bit . I have copied and pasted this next bit direct from the instructions.

13. Modify the catalog/includes/modules/order_total/ot_tax.php file.
13.1. Find:

function process() {
      global $order, $currencies;

if ($value > 0) {

Replace with:

function process() {
      global $order, $currencies, $tax_discount; // Discount Code 3.1.1

if (!empty($tax_discount[$key])) $value -= $tax_discount[$key]; // Discount Code 3.1.1
        if ($value > 0) {

I think your copy in your last post is wrong, and you have it upside down.

I have just added this addon to my test store, and it all seems to work as it should.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Steve,

Are we talking about the same contribution's (7700) read me file? The one that I used has only 2 entries. (One of them is copied in the post above.) What is the number at the end of the ip address?

Les,

Not under the bus just bumped the horn at you :D

now if you want help with

Which I know works as I have it on several shops ok

If you want to carry on with (7700) maybe posting in the support thread would be better as the guys there would be better able to help

Regards

joli

Joli,

That one (7644) is the same one I spent about an hour or so, configuring, just to find that I had no access to my shop's administration pages. I copied all the files that needed to be edited over into the contribution folder. Then I edited (as instructed) each file. Once finished editing, I copied each file over into my shop's structure via FTP.

When I went to check for the coupon in my administration pages, that's when I found out that the whole page was blank. I was able to log in, but the whole page (except for the logo and three links) was totally blank. I restored my shop with my backup, was able to access my administration pages, and reported (see above) this incident in this thread.

Maybe I do need to find someone to help me with 7700, or whatever one will work for me.

Steve,

I tried the first set of code you mentioned in the one that I have installed now. The coupon creator showed up in the catalog section, but the page was blank. What contribution does that first code go to? That is not in any of the read me or instruction files of the ones that I have downloaded.

Thank you everyone!!!

Les

well first you split in x 2  get the admin working then worry about the front side 

now a blank page in admin means simply you have something wrong in the admin install so first thing is to get the link showing up and the admin working correctly

What version of oscommerce are you using ??

I using oscommerce 2.3.4 and the admin is working. (There is no coupon link, but I have access to everything now.) I have 7700 configured installed, but I'm missing the code to put in the /admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php file.

I tried the code that Steve sent. That gave me the link, but when I clicked on it, it came up a blank page. (I have replaced that file from my backup.)

Lets start again ADMIN

Download greasemonkey     7 Jan 2014

Ensure first please check !!  best is to upload again these files and overwrite any old in case you uploaded to wrong folder

admin/coupons.php
admin/coupons_exclusions.php
admin/stats_discount_coupons.php
admin/includes/functions/coupons.php
admin/includes/classes/coupons_exclusions.php
admin/includes/languages/english/coupons.php
admin/includes/languages/english/coupons_exclusions.php
admin/includes/languages/english/coupons_manual.html
admin/includes/languages/english/stats_discount_coupons.php
admin/includes/languages/english/images/buttons/button_category_exclusions.gif
admin/includes/languages/english/images/buttons/button_customer_exclusions.gif
admin/includes/languages/english/images/buttons/button_manufacturer_exclusions.gif
admin/includes/languages/english/images/buttons/button_new_coupon.gif
admin/includes/languages/english/images/buttons/button_product_exclusions.gif

admin/includes/languages/english/images/buttons/button_shipping_zone_exclusions.gif

Now check your access to admin should be no problem as we have not really

changed any thing yet

PS let me know when you have finished

All those files are in the right folders. There is even one that you didn't mention. (admin/includes/languages/english/coupons_manual.php)

As I said, I restored everything from my backup. The only thing that I did was to install "easy populate" and discount coupons (7700).

I have complete access to all areas of my admin.

Archived