• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need clarification regarding LinkPoint and Payment Gateways

Tsimi

Is there anyone that can explain what LinkPoint exactly is/does and if I need a separate payment Gateway to work with it?

Sorry if my question make no sense but I really don't know how else to ask.

I live in Japan and here we have a few payment gateways BUT none of them are available in the add-ons section.

I contacted one of these companies and they send me few pages with some sort of URL that goes like this https://linkpt.xxxxxx.co.jp/cgi-bin/credit/order.cgi.

and whole bunch of additional data like clientip, success_str, sendpoint and so on.... and a <form> explanation.

Now how does this LinkPoint and that Japanese Gateway work? Can someone explain that to me?

There is a LinkPoint add-on in the add-ons section;

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4255

Can that be used just like that? What gateway does it use? Is LinkPoint itself a Gateway??

@@wHiTeHaT

Where is the old Topic which explains how to create a payment module?

Thanks in advance.

Tsimi

Edited by Tsimi

LinkPoint used to be a company, like paypal and authorize.net, but is now called FirstData, though the module you use (the one you noted) is still called LinkPoint. If you install that module and have an account with FirstData (and maybe others), you will be able to accept payment online. There requirements/restrictions are lower than the others so you may be able to use it where you can't use others. I'm not sure of their current charges but they were always less than authorize.net. The module has some problems but mostly works well. The problem is that it is no longer supported, at least not actively. So if you run into problems with it that you can't figure out, you may have to hire someone to fix it.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Many thanks for the explanation Jack. :thumbsup:

I think i'll stick with PayPal for now. Did a deeper research regarding fees and transfer fees and PP seems to be the best choice for now.

Having a hard time finding a module here in Japan that works with opensource system like osC.