• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New Certified PayPal Payment Modules

Hi All..

New certified PayPal payment modules are now available at the Add-Ons site to download, install, and use for existing store owners. The new modules will also be included in the core osCommerce Online Merchant release packages from v2.3.4 onwards for new store owners to use.

The new modules include:

PayPal Payments Standard v3.0

PayPal Express Checkout v3.0

PayPal Payments Pro (Direct Payment) v3.0

PayPal Express Checkout (Payflow Edition) v3.0

PayPal Payments Pro (Payflow Edition) v3.0

and introducing:

PayPal Payments Pro (Hosted Solution) v1.0

The PayPal Payments Pro (Hosted Solution Payflow Edition) module will become available in the coming weeks.

The new modules are optimized for osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 and are compatible with earlier v2.3 and v2.2 releases.

Documentation for the new modules can be found at:

http://library.oscommerce.com/Package&en&paypal&oscom23

Support for all PayPal payment modules for osCommerce Online Merchant v2.x is available at:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/forum/54-paypal/

Edited by Harald Ponce de Leon

:heart:, osCommerce

Hi Harold,

Thank you for the above.

Is there a solution that works with the PayPal Recurring payments facet in Version 2.3.3?

Thanks.

Nathan

Edited by nathanmcnamara

@@Harald Ponce de Leon Would you please explain the payflow and hosted options? Paypal has the advanced payment option, which appears to be the hosted module you list. But when they released that, it was released with a name containing pay flow. But pay flow is also the name of one of their advanced payment options (more flexible than paypal pro).

Also, now that paypal express is required for paypal pro to work, has the code in paypal express been changed to allow it to work with discount coupons? That has always been a big disadvantage with that module.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

The "Payflow Edition" modules uses PayPal's Payflow Gateway and allows merchants to choose any Merchant Account to accept debit or credit card payments and connect to any major processor.

The global PayPal modules have all the processing done at PayPal.

The modules that include line items also now include extra order total values (ignoring subtotal, shipping, tax, and total). This means discounts are now taken care of that are included in the order total values.

If the line item calculations do not match the order total value then only the order total value is passed onto PayPal so the transaction can still occur without the dredded calculation error occurring. This can happen in rare occasions when third party order total modules manipulate the tax value.

Thanks, that clears some things up. But I'm still confused about Paypal Advanced. Is that the Paypal Pro (Hosted) module or is there not a new oscommerce module for that option?

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

I apologize if I'm being dense. Maybe I'm not asking the question correctly. If you look at this page, you will see three options listed. Which of the new modules would I install if I wanted to use the Advanced option?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

@@Harald Ponce de Leon I had tried that before posting and it looked like it was the Paypal Pro Hosted one but there's no way to tell from the test site for sure, that I can tell. I downloaded that package but its code isn't anywhere near the previous advanced module (released by paypal) so I don't think that is it. I also downloaded the PayPal Payments Pro (Payflow Edition) module. In it is a file named paypal_pro_payflow_dp.php. In the Advanced package from paypal, they also have such a file, though its contents are quite different between the two. But that package also has a file named paypal_payflow_link.php which is the one used for Paypal Advanced.

I looked in the paypal_pro_payflow_dp.php of the Payflow edition and the paypal_payflow_link.php file of the advanced module from paypal and they both have the live url set to payflowpro.paypal.com. The signature line in the former is 'paypal|paypal_pro_payflow_dp|3.0|2.3' while it is 'paypal|paypal_payflow_link|1.2|2.2' in the latter. So it looks like the Payflow edition is the correct module but it doesn't have the necessary second file.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

All the modules on the demo site are in sandbox mode and have the respective module code after the module public title.

Try out the paypal_pro_payflow_dp module, it may be what you're after. If you don't have another module installed using the same filename then it's safe to install, try out, and even remove if it's not what you're looking for.

PayPal Payments Standard v3.1 has been pushed out and now includes the products ordered and additional order total values with the transaction sent to PayPal.

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5655

If the total calculations do not match the order total value then only the order total value is sent to PayPal. This can happen in rare occasions if additional order total modules have been installed that manipulate the tax value or contain a negative price value (eg discounts).

Edited by Harald Ponce de Leon

@@Harald Ponce de Leon

Hi Harald,

Has the problem with rounding been sorted on the new paypal standard module?

Thanks

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

@@ytswy your enquiry has been split off in its own topic at:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/397141-hosted-solution-and-22ms2/

Everyone else, please use the following channel for support enquiries:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/forum/54-paypal/

Thanks,

@@Harald Ponce de Leon

Hi Harald,

Has the problem with rounding been sorted on the new paypal standard module?

Thanks

Try it out :) If the line items do not match the order total then only the order total value is passed on to PayPal so an actual order can still take place.

If you come across a situation that you think is right and the line items are still not being passed to PayPal, describe the prices and totals involved and I'll take a look into it.

Kind regards,

Those who have problems with testing the API connection. If you have an error message with the followings:

Live server: https://api-st.paypapl.com/nvp

failed! please review the verify ssl certificate settings and try again.

Contact your ISP and website hosting company. They have probably "whitelisted" this IP. It took me a week to find out this was the problem. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Harald

I have installed paypal payment standard 3.2 version in my website.It is working fine in my sandbox mode.Also everything is stored in database.But when switching over to gateway server to live.It is not working properly.That means some error are occuring.I am writing the follows

1)The order is placed but order history(order status) with ipn variables are not verified and not getting stored in database and unable to see in the order page.

2)But in sandbox it is stored.

3)In the backend the api test connection failed.It is showing

Live Server:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr

Failed! Please review the Verify SSL Certificate settings and try again.

Connection Time: 1.330s

I have also done both verify ssl certificate true and false.Not working in both case.But in sandbox everything is working fine.

4)At last I am able to get the payment from paypal.

Please help me to get out of this.I am geting disappointed.Please give me some help.

Edited by saikamini

Hi Kamini..

Can you enter your email address in the Debug E-Mail Address field and perform an order in both sandbox and live modes and post the results of the email here?

There may be some sensitive info the parameter values which you can mark out, I am mainly interested in the parameter keys.

Kind regards,

Hi Herald

I am very happy as you have replied to my issues.Yes I have put my email id in place of debug email address..But as my transaction is not getting failure so I am not getting any debug mails in both cases..

Can You please reply me wht the area that I have made mistakes??One thing I can figure out that api test connection failed...