• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

images to appear in product list

bospages

I have been looking in the contributions & add-ons as well as the forums. Also, I have tried out several different things that I read in forums or was instructed to do in the contributions. I really want a simple way to make my products images appear in the product list. So far the things I have tried to add-on or tweak have basically brought my site down or I have just been unsuccessful with. Please, any advice as to a basic, somewhat error proof way to get the images to appear in the product list. I don't care if they are in a list, grid, etc etc . I just need it so that when my customer selects the category & is taken to the product list they can view the images & choose from them instead of from a list of items without pics. Thank you very much.

In a standard install the images will appear in the product listing if you use a grid addon they will also appear so guess there is something wrong with your

catalog/includes/modules/product_listing.php you would be best to compare with an original file.

Regards

Joli

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

In you admin - configuration - product listing there is an option to turn off product images. Make sure you have it set to 1 not zero.

This may not help, but could be a starting place to look.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

In you admin - configuration - product listing there is an option to turn off product images. Make sure you have it set to 1 not zero.

This may not help, but could be a starting place to look.

Never noticed that before hahah learn something new today :thumbsup:

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

Where could I go to access the original files? I changed the admin > config > product listing setting to 1 and there was no change. If the solution is simply editing my product_listing.php file to match the original that would really be great. Otherwise, I guess I need to install a grid add-on??