• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New site looking for some feedback

RPennings

Hi everyone,

Due to plans to be selling our products online, rather than only in the physical shop

we have been making our webshop.

it's a lot of work and has taking many hours, but where hoping it's becoming a good one! ( where stil working on it )

sorry for my english and hoping for some feedback ( positive or negative ) and thanx in advance for your effort!

www.habotech.nl

First impression: looks good

When look closer , could be better.

I only focused on the main page , especially the navigation.

Your dropdown (on my monitor) for "GEREEDSCHAP" is only visible until "generatoren en compressoren" the rest i cant see, and i cant scroll down when i hover your menu.

When clicked a category , the category menu on the left is somehow hard to read/understand or see a difference in the current state.

So i suggest you add some color or shades , so user sees a real difference when state of page is changed.

The same i would do for " Mijn account Aanbiedingen Winkelwagen Kassa Inloggen" , give it some highlightning.

I also would suggest to add some delay when do a mouse-over to the javascript objects. (menu hover , image hover) , it is to fast.

For the rest.... Ga zo door ;)

PS: i think you have a bug when hover on a product in the index that has 2 images ( DOZENBOOR 85 )

nice, too bad the header area is fixed, I can only see very little of the products on my mini pc 960 wide.

I suspect tablet users will have the same issue.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

Pretty decent looking site there! There are a few things that could be a bit better in my opinion.

1. The product page needs a stronger call to action. The default jquery ui buttons just don't work for me there.

2. The menu is where I see the most issues.

a. I would add an indicator of some kind to show that there are sub-categories (an arrow or something) on categories that have them

b. When there are several nest sub categories, the menu is unusable on my laptop 1368 resolution as I can't see them

c. Same issues as above with several other tablet sizes.

With as popular as tablets are these days I would really make sure things work well on your site to accomodate them. Personally, I saw a huge spike in tablet users on my site over the last year and I think it will be even more this year.

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys

Thanks for the advice!

we have made the header part to notice if it's a touchscreen or not and depending on that it stays fix or moving

do you guys have any tips on seo, i'm reading alot but what is true in the world of seo ;)

Archived