• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Wierd Order - How Can this Happen?

Mort-lemur

Hi,

I have just had an order come through on my system (osc 2.3.3.4) with no customer details, no payment method set, no payment made, yet the order is still at my default status of "awaiting approval" meaning its paid for and waiting my approval (normally). This one really puzzles me - see screenshot below from my admin:

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

sorry - here is the screenshot:

post-253268-0-83351700-1392647758_thumb.png

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

OK - looking at my payment system it seems the payment was a success via EPDQ so I have the money and can trace the customer from the payment details - but still so odd that the order name etc is blank - I have NEVER seen this before.

@@Mort-lemur

That was a common issue with the v2.2 RCx series when the customer made the payment but failed to return to your website. This is usually when the order details are posted to the database. Using an API payment module was the usual fix. Forcing an auto return from the payment processor will also help.

Chris

@@DunWeb I dont think its that that caused the problem.

I looked at the orders table in PHPmyAdmin and a lot of the customers address data was missing with the Address formats set to 0 rather than 1.

I have filled in the fields in the database and all is well with the order now.

But I would still like to know why / how this happened - as I have not seen it before in using OSC for over 5 years........

Heather are other orders using that payment method coming through okay? Have you tried putting an order through yourself to see if you can recreate the problem?

Looks like This is now sorted - it was happening on orders paid for by EPDQ.

The only change I had made to the site was a change to the includes/classes/seo_class.php as per a post in that support thread here: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/154166-contribution-ultimate-seo-urls-v21-by-chemo/page__st__6880 post 6096 & 6098 which was modifying the mysql to my mysqli.

Reverted back to the standard seo_class.php and all is well again.

Archived