• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Turning Register Globals Off with Ultimate SEO URLS

darrenultra

Hi,

I have deicided it is about time I turned Register Globals off on my site, and so have been trying to do this on my local version. I have made the necessary changes according to this mod:

osCommerce 2.2ms2-060817 Register Globals Off Workaround for PHP4 and PHP5

This mod was created by Jiri Stavinoha from magic seo url.

Upon turning Register Globals off everything worked fine until I turned my Ultimate SEO URLs package on. When I do this the category and product pages display the error:

FATAL ERROR: register_globals is disabled in php.ini, please enable it!

It is only the pages that have had their urls modified by the Ultimate SEO URLs package that come up with this error. What really baffles me is that a site wide source code search for "FATAL ERROR: register_globals" reveals no matches.

It is also worth mentioning that I first used a different contribution to make my site compaitible with Register Globals off. The other contribution resulted in exactly the same errors.

My head is going scabby from all the scratching and so if anyone can help me out it would be much appreciated.

• 7 years later...

It seems you are confusing addons. Magic SEO is not the same a Ultimate SEO. For the former, you would need to contact that person since it was a purchased package and not supported on these forums. If you have Ultimate SEO installed, I don't recall it ever having that problem but just upgrading it will fix it if it does.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons