• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Password Protect private Shop for 2.3

tunetti

Trying to install the password protect addon to protect entire shop. I also have the member approval addon installed. The addon was created for 2.2, I am installing on 2.3 and get the following error:

When you click on continue button for creating a new account, it does nothing. Seems to refresh the page.

http://classicbeautysupply.com/oscom/login.php

An add-on built for osC 2.2 is unlikely to properly install on 2.3, and will have to be modified by a programmer. What are you trying to accomplish here? That no one except signed-on members can see your products (much less fill the cart)? I think I've heard of add-ons to do that. There may also be add-ons that suppress prices so that competitors can't spy on you. That no one can get past the initial screen without an ID and password? That could be done with your hosting control panel to .htaccess password protect directory access (separate IDs and passwords from the member/customer login within osC). It's a lot of work to issue and revoke such IDs, and customers have to log in twice, so I would suggest that you not go that route.

I want to restrict access to entire store unless they have an account that has been approved using the member approval add-on. I am going to try the tep_session_registered approach.

If I can't find a solution, I may try the hidden price approach. This a beauty supply store so all customers must first be verified as licensed beauticians.

Yes, it works. I added the following to all pages except login and create_account (many already had code).

if (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {

$navigation->set_snapshot();

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'));

}

Thank you so much for your help.