• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Wouldnt it be Nice............

Mort-lemur

Not sure if this should have gone in another section or not, but if it should please move it.....

As a shop owner I have been thinking recently that a lot of time is spent updating prices within my sites.

The prices change often, the products (description etc) remain quite static.

What is a little bit of a pain is having to open up each product page to edit the price.

I know that mass updates can be done % wise via an sql, and that easy populate can download a file to be edited and uploaded.

But what I was thinking was that it would be so nice, within the admin functionality, to have the capability to list on a page all products within a chosen category, or by a selected manufacturer in a sort of spreadsheet format, where the selling price could be modified directly onto the screen for multiple products and then saved - this would be a real timesaver.

Just a thought..............

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

@@Mort-lemur do you use an account software (quicbooks or something) to track your inventory, pricing and do invoicing? If you do, are all items set up with the correct pricing in your software?

I use quickbooks, and had a programmer help make a quick update from my QB item list export about 5 years back - it syncs my inventory, pricing, tax codes and add's new items and categories... Your welcome to the code (although it's messy, I've spent a lot of time making it work with 2.3.3.x).

@@burt So Its an old addon that wont work?

@@Tsimi Thanks Lambros I will take a look at that one on my demo site

@@MrPhil Yes - but that involves exporting, working in excel etc then re-importing - which is messy / complex for simple price changes

@@greasemonkey No sorry I dont use any accounts software that needs to be syncronised with Osc.

Thanks All

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

my own personal favourite is "admin specials by category" which allows for updates of regular price, and special price as a $ mnt or % off

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

Went for the one quoted by @@Tsimi in the end - this one http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8940 (alternative administration system) works well and even I found it easy to adapt to allow me to edit my cost prices as well as the selling net prices via the admin screen.

Thanks all

Yes - but that involves exporting, working in excel etc then re-importing - which is messy / complex for simple price changes

No problem. Most people looking to do massive/bulk updates are driving their osC data from outside sources, such as other business systems and spreadsheets. Agreed that it doesn't make sense to have to do an export to a spreadsheet, edit, and then read it back in.

Hi Heather and those of the know...

Has anyone tried Quickly Update Product Stock http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/558/v,22 ?

I used a version of that back with osC 2.2 MS2 and was hoping to give it a try with 2.3.3.4

- :: Jim :: -

- My Toolbox ~ Adobe Web Bundle, XAMPP & WinMerge | Install ~ osC v2.3.3.4 -

@@jhande Hi Jim - you moved to 2.3.3.4 now? rather than 2.3.3?

I dont know if that addon works or not.

But I would recommend the alternative admin system as quoted above - very easy install and works well - also easy to configure, if like me you have non-standard tables you want to edit (cost price etc).

I had one problem and gadlol emailed me a fix within 20 mins! he seems to also be well supporting this mod and its future development.

Pm me your email address and i will send you a screenshot of the price etc editing screen.

Thanks

@@Mort-lemur

Thank you so much Heather - PM sent. ;)

Yes I am just about finished with the updates to 2.3.3.4.

I am thinking about looking for an add-on to show M.S.R.P. but for now I need a quick way to edit pricing, qty and availability.

I will also be adding a feature to show discontinued items/limited supply like I had in my old shop.

Been downloading hundreds of product images and descriptions.

Had to take a break from staring at the code for awhile. :wacko:

Thanks again!

-- Edit -- Spelling... duh

Thank you so much Heather for the email.

For some reason Yahoo sent my reply back as undeliverable.

It looks similar to my posted contribution above.

Moving tomorrow so when I get a chance I will look into it. ;)

Thanks again!

@@jhande found you email in my spam folder...

• 2 weeks later...

@@Mort-lemur Sorry, didn't mean for it to trigger spam.

Thanks again Heather!

:thumbsup:

P.S. I can't always get to internet access so my posting might be really delayed. :(

Archived