• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Modding-Up a new 2.3.3.4 Install - Documented

Mort-lemur

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now found an anomaly during testing - when Im shopping on the site as a guest and add things to my cart, the items in the cart are not visible in admin whos online until I log in - is this normal 2.3.3.4 behavior ?

Many Thanks

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

I believe it is! I never checked until just now. I always install the enhanced version of whos online and it shows the cart contents. I have a small members only site without the add on and as you mentioned, contents do not show for guests.

Tim

Thanks Burt. Not sure what functionality I lost. My stores are upgraded from 2.3.1 and already had the add on installed.

My small members only is a stock install and the customers, products, and orders imported from an older store.

Tim

I am using the same who's online as Tim, it offers a bit more than the stock version. However, the latest core who's online update was to address a security issue (if I recall correctly), so with some file comparison I updated the "enhanced" who's online to address the security issue as best i could.

file compare stock old version who's online <-> stock new version who's online

take note of the changes

then

file compare stock new version who's online <-> older "enhanced" who's online

and make changes where appropriate

hope that makes sense...

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

@@burt

I'm leery about posting something in the add on's that I am not 100% sure of. If I screw up my site, that's one thing, but I wouldn't want that to happen to anyone else.

I think the fix I applied to the enhanced security is fine, I've had no issues that I've observed.

It came up in the 2.3.3.1 upgrade so I borrowed the core version security fix of catalog/includes/functions/whos_online.php

reference here:

https://github.com/osCommerce/oscommerce2/commit/64b407d16f17615526ee27aec0559a7063361cfa

and applied that to the corresponding file in the enhanced version

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7791/v,23

I did a repo if someone wants to take a look and use.

https://github.com/skleiner/whos_online_enhancement_security_fix

If sanctioned by a skilled coder I'd be glad to post it.

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

Been a little quiet on this post over the last few days, as I have been testing the system, making minor tweeks, and playing with the Awesome MTS - along with installing option types V2334 (with a lot of help from Multimixer - Thanks George).

Just need to alter the product info page layout a little, do some more testing then almost ready to go live.........

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

Due to getting a few requests for the code - I have uploaded the Admin buttons change as a contribution - it can be found here: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8966

Really nothing fancy - but it saves a lot of time.

Thanks

Just found another error popping into my error log, this time associated to an occurance of mysql_num_rows in : admin/stats_recover_cart_sales.php.

To rectify find at around line 63

$rc_cnt = mysql_num_rows($conquery);

and change to

$rc_cnt = tep_db_num_rows($conquery);

May be time to carry out a full search of one of my full site backups for occurances of this offending code.... Ill let you know the findings shortly.

That was worth Doing, Found several instances of mysql_num_rows that need replacing as follows:

• public_html\googlesitemap\sitemap.class.php 1 Instance
  • public_html\googlesitemap\sitemap.class_alternate.php 1 Instance
  • public_html\includes\modules\payment\epdq.php 1 Instance
  • public_html\admin\orderlist.php 1 Instance
  • public_html\admin\stats_recover_cart_sales.php 1 Instance
  • public_html\admin\includes\classes\recover_cart_sales.php 7 Instances

Now to replace them all and see what happens.......

Next mod carried out without a hitch and tested - working:

Display Tax Below Price. Link: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8160

20 mins to install and only need to make changes to language file to refer to Vat rather than Tax.

Hello. Could you please post a image of how things look like after instaling this add-on?

Thanks! :)

So as to not clutter this thread I started a new one on discussions on security required for 2.3.3.4 which you can follow here: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/395461-open-discussion-on-additional-security-for-2334/#entry1687665

Cool! Thanks a lot. I was looking forward something like this.

I am saying that your layout is different from the standard template 2.3.3.4 like the one I use. Should I be able to use that add-on neverthless?

I added this to my site last night in a couple of minutes and my site is a complete change from the norm.

well done mort on this thread, I am too following it with interest.

Mark

I take no credit for any of the mods - all credit to the original authors - what I am doing is documenting how they will fit into a 2.3.3.4 install with any changes required, and also bringing some of the older (but still incredibly useful) mods back into common knowledge.

Ok this was the part that I was dreading - Transferring the original site database to the 2.3.3.4 database.

But it was not as bad as I thought it might be. Below is the way I set about it (I will refer to the sites as Old Site & New Site)

• made a full sql export of old database via phpmyadmin
  • made a new blank database on my new server with the name of the existing database with a number 1 at the end (to allow easy amendment of the 2 configue files) added the same user to this database as the existing new database.
  • Next I imported the database exported from the old site into the new blank database.
  • I then opened up beyond-compare and copied a full version of the old and new database into the comparison panes.
  • Then the fun starts -
  • Firstly I look for completely new tables within the 2.3.3.4 new database that do not appear in the old database - imported these into the new database set up above as sql commands - and inserted the data within them again via sql commands
  • Then look for differences in sizes of fields (mainly changing certain fields to Varchar 255) and any other obvious differences.
  • Next change both config files in 2.3.3.4 install to point to the new database and try to navigate to your site and admin.
  • This started to give me table errors - so I looked for the missing columns / tables in the existing 2.3.3.4 database and added these manually to the new database
  • Navigated round the site - fixing missing table errors as I found them - I had about 6 that needed fixing.

More testing needed - but almost there - all previous orders and customers are showing etc.

OK I have found a bit of a problem following database transfer - The customer Login Details do not work, even though the customer exists in the database with a password.

When I try to log in as a customer my password does not work (my master password does work) - any Ideas where to look ?

Many Thanks

After several page speed tests decided my images were letting me down - as they were not compressed to their optimum - but what to do? 3000 images!

Did some research and found a programme called FileOptimiser - which can batch process image compression ,

Downloaded a few images from my site and ran them through this - some were reduced in size by 64% without a loss in quality.

Now downloading in batches of 300, optimising then uploading again.

Apparently also compresses other file types such as PDFs

May be of use to somebody....

Link: http://nikkhokkho.sourceforge.net/static.php?page=FileOptimizer

Archived