• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Order issues...

gcextreme

There is no reason not to update to the latest version in a development folder first until it is correct really not that hard.

Generally I have old osc2 sites done in a few days.

If your webmaster has not so much experience maybe a bit longer but it is really not rocket science.

Anybody running an older version can start to count the days when it just stops working better to look ahead and get upgraded you can not run your car for years without a service never understand why people think their carts are good for ever the internet changes everyday even your computer does not run on windows 98 :D

Regards

Joli

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

I totally agree, John! If I had any know how myself, I would attempt it, but I wouldn't take the chance with my whole website. I will talk to my webmaster and see what she says. She's really smart and great with this stuff but she has said a lot of what she knows is self taught. She was doing all the work on the shopping cart before we took over so she knows all the ins and outs, but she was just saying that sometimes the upgrading process is not as easy as one might think. I'll mention the development folder bit, hopefully she knows what that means and how to do it as I haven't a clue!  :unsure:

I get paypal notifications..but they dont have the items and stuff listed..only the price.

When I got into the control panel theres no sign of any orders.

I didnt look in that for any errors..im sure its the same errors tho.

I only have 3 things on my site for sale right now...each is a different price so when I get the paypal notification with the price its pretty obvious what they ordered.

Im going to be adding alot more products eventually but not if I cant figure this out.

Thats why im probably going to switch to OpenCart since I dont have alot in my system currently.

I sell vinyl graphics and decals and shirts and hats and custom etched glass...will be needing all that in my cart soon.

And yes the internet changes and we need to upgrade constantly.

But sometimes those upgrades arent needed and alot of times once you upgrade you run into problems and things are worse!

All my computers are running Windows XP Professional. I have no want or need to upgrade. Every Operating System since XP has been a pile of crap!!

Sure they tell you Microsoft no longer supports XP and you need to upgrade to be protected. Thats a bunch of bullcrap. Of my 5 machines..only 2 are hooked up to the internet. The 3 that arent hooked up run just fine and run my business great. The 2 that are hooked up run fine too..I have a software firewall and a router that keeps them safe from hackers and I have adequate virus protection.

Windows XP is an operating system..saying its outdated and makes you vulnerable to hackers is like saying your car battery is old and wont protect your tires from nails in the road!!

As long as you have a firewall and router and other software to monitor and control what comes thru your internet then it doesn't matter what operating system u have.

And as long as that firewall and router software are still being updated and supported.

I totally agree, John! If I had any know how myself, I would attempt it, but I wouldn't take the chance with my whole website. I will talk to my webmaster and see what she says. She's really smart and great with this stuff but she has said a lot of what she knows is self taught. She was doing all the work on the shopping cart before we took over so she knows all the ins and outs, but she was just saying that sometimes the upgrading process is not as easy as one might think. I'll mention the development folder bit, hopefully she knows what that means and how to do it as I haven't a clue!  :unsure:

Yes always possible in fact unavoidable to run in to some problems with older addons but generally can be solved or replaced with a better solution.

The build in a development folder on the server takes the time pressure away and helps to avoid unnecessary HELP ME (w00t) ! me expenses if the site does break due to server upgrade or  whatever.

New 2.3.4 install  /dev / mynewstore....   first learn to import the database details products /customers etc..  few good threads and i think an addon to help then add the customizations unique to your store design clone or improvement and when happy just move to top level public_html

Lot better spending the time and money there than flogging a dead horse :thumbsup:

@@gcextreme

@@AMCSyl

It is easy to find someone to call up when you have issues.  Find a developer who;

a.  knows osCommerce inside out

b.  offers support by telephone

Expect to pay for the service, but treat it as an expense of doing business.

@@gcextreme - Apparently the add on suggested above is supposed to fix this issue of missing item name or number in description area of pay pal transaction. It is currently updated to support MS2-2.3 if that is what you have... Mine is 2.2, and according to my web lady, she said it may not work so I have actually sent a message to the person that developed that add on to ask if it will. Will update when I hear back. Fortunately for you, you are able to figure out what item has been ordered as you say you don't have many items yet. My site has over 350 items so unfortunately, it is almost like finding a needle in a haystack trying to figure it out, and I hate to have to ask the customer because it makes me look unprofessional not knowing what's going on. It's ok for now, as I tell them my site is experiencing a problem that is being worked on, but it's not viable as a long term solution.

Also from my conversation with my web master, I am getting the idea that indeed sometimes upgrading opens up a host of other issues. My head is spinning now and it's all pay pal's fault! Things were humming along before I tried to add this to my site! lol BTW, I do use Windows 8, but then I like new things so that is why I went for it. Actually when we bought this new PC, it came with 8 on it, but I agree XP was also a great system - my favourite before using 8. Hated Vista, and Windows 7 was OK, but not as good as XP!

@@joli1811 - Yes, that is pretty much what my webmaster suggested as well. I was a bit concerned about losing the rank our site had earned on google, so she suggested keeping the old site, and then building a new one where I would be able to employ all the modern features I want to without screwing up the existing site and having, as you mentioned, those "help me" moments if something crashed or went wrong with the install or upgrade. She said I would then get orders through both sites, and see what was working better for me, and over time I could phase the old site out, or just keep both. I think this will end up being cheaper than paying to make the old site compatible with everything.

@@burt - you're right, can't expect to never spend money on stuff like this, but honestly I like that my web lady can do a  lot without charging me official rates so I go through her even if sometimes it is a matter of trial and error and a little extra time.

@@AMCSyl

You should not get orders through the new site unless the new site uses the same database this I would definitely not recommend as a simple mistake would knock you out of business

So new development site and new development database with what we call a no index robot text in the development site or better still password protected to prevent any possibility of duplicate content  with google and to protect your rank.

Now opinions differ on the how to do what I do is first leave the working site and database  in peace

Set up the new standard database for 2.3.4 that comes with the install.

set up a clone/duplicate database of the working site called old

Then go through the tables exporting and importing the details into the new she will probably find that the old database has some extra tables and fields that do not match so either install the addon and run the sql or  drop the tables (if the addon is out dated or there is something better available) 

until the data base tables match

Now opinions do vary some guys like adding the new 2.3.4 fields to the old database so up to you

There are a few contributions available for your version to recover missing orders which would help in the meantime

just google for

paypal missing orders osc

Regards

Joli

Thanks again for your advice. This was a little over my head, so I will pass it along to my webmaster. She should understand the terminology better than me. That said, I still need to address the fact that orders are falling through the cracks on my Admin. I had mentioned in my initial post in this thread, that one other customer emailed asking where their order was, and that was two weeks before we even installed Pay Pal. I pasted the error code I got above somewhere when I tried to locate the order through Admin - Customers. I am able to find the customer and his contact info, but when I click on Orders through the Customers panel, instead of taking me to his order history, the error message comes up. Now, this isn't affecting all incoming orders as I tried a test order which went through just fine, and I did receive two other orders in there after this problem as well. The problem is that if the customer hadn't emailed me, I wouldn't have known about this order at all, and it makes me wonder if there are others I don't know about where the customer hasn't called to inquire yet. How would I go about trying to figure out what the problem is here? While the process of updating/upgrading may be beginning, I have to be able to rely on my current cart that it isn't losing orders. It's not like the orders are flooding in right now, especially as summer is generally our slower period!

@@AMCSyl

To run a almost 10 year old shopping cart system is not really recommended....you will have to upgrade sooner or later, it is just a matter of time. Besides that, you said, "We just added Pay Pal as a payment option several days ago." WHAT Paypal system? Standard or Express? You should always give more details if possible. So that peoples help can be more accurate.

Instead of trying to fix your current Paypal module have you looked at the add-ons area?

Harald upgraded all Paypal modules and also made them 2.2 compatible. Look here; http://addons.oscommerce.com/category?search=paypal (9th June 2014)

I use osC 2.3.3.4 with Haralds latest Standard Module and I get also a nice itemized view of the items on the Paypal payment site.

But all in all as @@joli1811 already said it is recommended that you upgrade to the latest version of osC.

Now something that I would like to say to YOU! @@gcextreme

One Year ago you came here looking for help regarding PayPal "Express" which was THE most buggy Paypal module at that time and you don't know how to create a sandbox account (which has nothing to do with osC btw.) and claiming that you didn't got any help? But i see two people at least that "tried" to help you...

In your first post you don't mention WHAT version of osC you are using and what PP module version you are using. With so few input it is amazing that people even answered you.

Paying to be a Sponsor does not mean you get a phone number to call for help!! osC is free and offers free support in this forum. If your matter/issue cannot be solved then code it yourself or hire someone!

I can't hear/read this anymore, every time someone has a small problem....oh osC sucks, osC is so crappy, osC has no support....bla, bla, bla,.....

Have you done "YOUR best possible" till today to solve your problem? Guess not....

What you gonna do if your "old" XP is gonna break one day? Look for a microsoft phone number?

The Web world is a very fast moving/changing world and if you can't or don't want to stay up to date then you better stop using a PC and go restore classic cars or something because there you can at least say "nothing beats a classic".

And with staying up to date i mean doing your own efforts and doing some research.

Regarding your XP, Win7 and Win8 comment i rather not answer to that since it will just put more oil into the fire.....

@@Tsimi - Thanks for responding. I'm sorry, I didn't mention that it was Pay Pal Standard that we added. I had asked another Pay Pal related question in another thread and I know I explained somewhere that because my OSC is so old, we weren't able to install the Express version so I guess in an effort to not be repetitive, I missed it here. I try to give as many details as possible, otherwise.

That said, and as I have mentioned above, I have actually wanted to redo the shopping cart from day 1, when we took over the business. I realize there are way better, and easier ways of integrating things in the newer shopping carts but my webmaster kind of scared me off of it. Due to the amount of products we have on the site (over 350), as well as the fact that our current site has built up its rank in google over the years, she was advising me that it may not be worth it to start everything all over again for the sake of a few small things. So we just lived with it. @@joli1811 gave me some advice above which I am going to pass on to my webmaster though, so hopefully we may finally start this process of getting a new cart going.

Regarding the add-ons, I have forwarded the add on link you gave me to my webmaster. From what I understood, it is supposed to integrate Pay Pal into the payment flow of your shopping cart so that the customer doesn't have to be redirected elsewhere to make the payment. They can actually complete it right on your site. Also, you mention it provides an itemized view of what they ordered? This would be great! Fingers crossed, it will work, and thank you for linking it here. I hate to admit it, but I am terrified of trying to do anything that involves altering code. I have learned how to do things like adding products and attributes, images and drop down menus, but once you put me into the files where there is "real" code, I'm hopeless! Like I said above, I have managed to wipe out my whole website because of one sentence of code that I was changing to try and put spaces between the sections in the credit card numbers. Thankfully my webmaster had the whole file saved on her computer so she replaced it in a minute, but I would have been screwed otherwise! And trust me, I am taking everyone's advice that the cart needs to be upgraded - I just need things to work smoothly with this one until the other one is fully operational!

One last comment if I may; it can be frustrating for both parties whether seeking or providing help on these forums, but let's just try to cut each other some slack. I feel bad about your rant toward gcextreme, because I feel like I revived his original thread and got him in trouble. I don't think he meant to be disrespectful. Maybe he is just frustrated at not being able to solve his problem. I don't want to speak for him, but I don't want to see fights starting or feelings getting hurt. Where OSC is concerned, I realize it is all free open source stuff and that the community relies on each other for help, but it can be hard to have things like this creep up and get in the way of your business. This whole Pay Pal thing was supposed to enhance my business, but so far it has just given me nothing but headaches. Still, I want to see it through, and try to make it work because in the long run, it will probably be beneficial to my business. It doesn't mean I can't get frustrated along the way. They made me a lot of promises when trying to convince me to sign up, despite the reasons I gave them why it wouldn't work well for me and now that they got me to sign up, they keep pushing me off to OSC to solve my problems, claiming that my issues are not their responsibility. They should have known after screen sharing with me during the set up, that some of the functions were not going to work properly, but instead they just kept pushing me to work with it. But, I digress... Let's just not throw blame at each other, please? :thumbsup:

Hi Sylvia,

Just a suggestion why not just ask in the commercial support section for a quote to port your database into a new 2.3.4 version then you and your friend the webmasterin can go about installing the addons that you need and getting the design / paypal etc right .

If you have a developer who you can trust and get on good with then she is worth gold so hold on to her but at the same time doing the database can be tricky stuff if you are not used  to it.

It can be quickly done and is not necessarily expensive if you know what you are doing so maybe worth considering asking for a quote to get started

Asking for a quote does not cost anything and would maybe help to get your show on the road a bit quicker,

No point wasting your energy and time on the old cart with a bit of work you could have the new one up in a matter of days even if not exactly perfect at least you would be taking your orders with no headaches and you would have the development shop to tweak and change until you were happy.

Now besides all that the file in question which is throwing the error is admin/orders.php

now as to why the error is there who knows maybe you would like to upload the file here  to see if anybody can see an obvious mistake no guarantees as it really is an old version but worth a look.

Regards

Joli

@@AMCSyl

From what I understood, it is supposed to integrate Pay Pal into the payment flow of your shopping cart so that the customer doesn't have to be redirected elsewhere to make the payment. They can actually complete it right on your site.

Be aware that is NOT the PayPal standard module! It is better you stick with the Standard module. http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5655

The Express module should also work fine by now since Harald updated it.

When trying out things always BACK UP your data before attempting anything. Or as jolie1811 mentioned create a dev or test folder and put a test store in there where you can try things out first without touching the running live shop.

The other thing is the order is not showing in the admin area nor in the customers account THAT is what i would worry about. Could be PayPal connected could be not...don't know...try the new PayPal module maybe it solves it.

If not then you have to hunt down the bug that is causing that.

Regarding gcextreme, he said this yesterday

Yeah I never got it fixed.. im thinking of getting rid of OsCommerce.

Never got it fixed hmm....right...still today we don't know what osC version he is using, never tried the new modules, the whole time never asked again...never talk to other people here...there is a chat you know....never hired someone to take a look at it....many possibilities but if you don't use them...what is there more to say then?

I didn't know shit when I started with osC but you would be surprised who much you can learn if you start doing some research, efforts, or talk to people here in the forum.

I had also my bad add-on trouble moments but finally i needed to figure it out myself (well almost, jolie1811 pointed me in the right direction that time) and it worked out.

If you are every day here (as I am or others are) and you have to hear/read this crap everyday then it is kinda annoying. But maybe you're right....I should ignore this one and go do other more important things....

@@joli1811

Thanks once again for the great suggestions. I am going to meet with my webmaster next week to discuss the options regarding the ways to go about upgrading to a newer cart. I know it's time, and I know it's a matter of time before something breaks that's going to leave me in a lurch. I think I just have a fear of what I don't know so I have been trying to play it safe. I have, and will continue to pass on to her all the advice I have received here (thank you very much!!), and hopefully we can come up with something that will be cost effective, and minimally invasive to the business while it is being done.

As for the code problems, I will upload in a separate email, my orders.php file on the odd chance that someone might be able to find the needle in the haystack that's causing this dinosaur's problems. That said, I am wondering why the problem would occur only with some orders and not others. Like yesterday again by chance I came across an order that came in yesterday where the customer had created an account on July 6th and July 7th. With the July 7th one, there was an order, but when I tried to check under orders for the July 6th account, it went to the same error message as I had posted above. I have left the customer a message to call me back now in an attempt to find out whether he indeed placed two orders a day apart, or if he just created two accounts because he made a mistake on one or something. It's all just very odd, and I am worrying about this because it means orders are getting lost somewhere, and I have no way to find them unless the customer reaches out to me about not getting his stuff. I found an add on yesterday that was supposed to give me the ability to sort the customers by date instead of just alphabetically. That might help me find anyone who has recently created an account so I can track if there are more lost orders that I don't know about. Problem is my webmaster emailed me back saying she is going to the US today and will deal with it when she returns in a couple of days. Argh! I would attempt to install the add on myself, but am afraid that when I copy/paste it, it won't come with the original spacing or something and destroy my site. Then I would have to wait two days for her to fix it. Btw, in my past attempts, I have always saved the original code to note pad, yet even when I tried to just put it back from there, something was off and I couldn't fix my site. Anyway, I will put my orders.php code here in a minute.

@@Tsimi

First of all, I hope you didn't take offense to what I said yesterday! In no way did I mean to come across like I was telling you off. I think I am by nature a person who doesn't like conflict, so I just didn't want there to be any drama. That said, I do understand where you are coming from when you spend a great deal of time trying to help people, and learning things yourself, you don't appreciate the lazy people who just want the answers without doing any work - not that I am implying that gcextreme is one of those people! Just saying I understand where you have built up a level of frustration. Honestly, I have much respect for people like you who knew nothing in the beginning and then learned tons by trial and error. I wish I could learn half as much but sometimes I think I have a brown thumb when it comes to things like this. You know how some people only have to look at a plant and it will die? Well, that's me with code! Every time I have tried to change something myself, it has always led to disaster, so now I am conditioned to fear it. I know that may be the wrong attitude to have, but that doesn't mean I am not constantly researching and trying to learn. Just please have some patience if I don't get it the first, or 10th time. :blush:

Now, regarding the pay pal add on; the link to the standard module you put above, seems to be the same link as the other day? Were you saying that your add on was the one that integrated with payment flow not requiring leaving the shopping cart, and had itemized view on pay pal transaction? If so, then what does this add on suitable for 2.2 actually do?

Finally, I am going to take the chance of getting yelled at, and ask this question again because it is important to my business accounting. :(  It's about the tax zones/rates setup in 2.2. I have been all over the internet, my webmaster, live chat etc. about this subject. I have received a handful of different answers so I am not sure what to do. Briefly, my problem is this; I run my business from Ontario, Canada. In Canada, many of our provinces have different tax rates, and we are expected to charge each province their specific tax rate when they purchase from us. We are not, however, required to charge tax at all outside of Canada so I don't have to worry about the US and Overseas. Now, believe me when I say I have played around with trying to input tax zones a million ways in the hopes of getting it to configure properly for each of the provinces, but no luck. I have been told by several here, that you cannot indeed program osc 2.2 to handle different tax rates. I don't know why not. It seems basic enough to be able to just add and name new tax zones as it does give you the option to insert new ones, but then what the heck do I know? Right now, I have Canada GST which is at 5%, and Ontario PST which is at 8%. Both are set to priority 0, which says that if they are at the same priority level, they will be added. If the rates are at different priority level they will be compounded. Where it gets complicated, is in the past, Ontario operated on a GST(Federal level tax)/PST(Provincial level tax) model, where the two were collected and reported separately. Now, the two rates have been amalgamated into HST (Harmonized Sales Tax), so we only collect one rate of 13% and report it all to one government agency instead of two. Of course, not all provinces pay the same rates. Some have only GST, some are HST at different rates, and some still have a PST component too. I have to collect each tax according to where the order comes from. I tried to install a Canada HST Zone in Admin/Locations and Taxes, but for some reason, it comes back with a similar error code as with the orders. What am I doing wrong? I have set it up exactly like PST and GST, but it won't take and allow me to enter provinces in there. Is it true that you can't do it in 2.2? Also, someone suggested an add on for this, but it was quite complicated, and my webmaster never attempted it. Any advice here? I would love to get this fixed if I can because my orders all come in with wrong tax amounts and then I have to adjust them at the point of invoicing which I don't do through OSC.

Thanks yet again to anyone who can help. I will eventually learn this stuff - I really am trying!

Ok @@joli1811, here is my orders.php code. I think it is a needle in a haystack mission, but hopefully something will make sense to someone. :unsure:

- Sylvia

<?php
/*
  $Id: orders.php,v 1.112 2003/06/29 22:50:52 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
            </tr>
        </table></td>
      </tr>
      <tr>
        <td><table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
          <tr>
            <td colspan="3"><?php echo tep_draw_separator(); ?></td>
          </tr>
          <tr>
            <td valign="top"><table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
              <tr>
                <td class="main" valign="top"><b><?php echo ENTRY_CUSTOMER; ?></b></td>
                <td class="main"><?php echo tep_address_format($order->customer['format_id'], $order->customer, 1, '', '<br>'); ?></td>
              </tr>
              <tr>
                <td colspan="2"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '5'); ?></td>
              </tr>
              <tr>
                <td class="main"><b><?php echo ENTRY_TELEPHONE_NUMBER; ?></b></td>
                <td class="main"><?php echo $order->customer['telephone']; ?></td>
              </tr>
              <tr>
                <td class="main"><b><?php echo ENTRY_EMAIL_ADDRESS; ?></b></td>
                <td class="main"><?php echo '<a href="mailto:' . $order->customer['email_address'] . '"><u>' . $order->customer['email_address'] . '</u></a>'; ?></td>
              </tr>
            </table></td>
            <td valign="top"><table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
              <tr>
                <td class="main" valign="top"><b><?php echo ENTRY_SHIPPING_ADDRESS; ?></b></td>
                <td class="main"><?php echo tep_address_format($order->delivery['format_id'], $order->delivery, 1, '', '<br>'); ?></td>
              </tr>
            </table></td>
              <tr>
                <td class="main" valign="top"><b><?php echo ENTRY_BILLING_ADDRESS; ?></b></td>
                <td class="main"><?php echo tep_address_format($order->billing['format_id'], $order->billing, 1, '', '<br>'); ?></td>
              </tr>
            </table></td>
          </tr>
        </table></td>
      </tr>
      <tr>
        <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '10'); ?></td>
      </tr>
      <tr>
        <td><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
          <tr>
            <td class="main"><b><?php echo ENTRY_PAYMENT_METHOD; ?></b></td>
            <td class="main"><?php echo $order->info['payment_method']; ?></td>
          </tr>
<?php
    if (tep_not_null($order->info['cc_type']) || tep_not_null($order->info['cc_owner']) || tep_not_null($order->info['cc_number'])) {
?>
          <tr>
            <td colspan="2"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '10'); ?></td>
          </tr>
          <tr>
            <td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD_TYPE; ?></td>
            <td class="main"><?php echo $order->info['cc_type']; ?></td>
          </tr>
          <tr>
            <td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD_OWNER; ?></td>
            <td class="main"><?php echo $order->info['cc_owner']; ?></td>
          </tr>
          <tr>
               <td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD_NUMBER; ?></td>
            <td class="main"><?php

//py: code to format cc_number with spaces
   $cc_p1=substr($order->info['cc_number'],0,4);
   $cc_p2=substr($order->info['cc_number'],4,4);
   $cc_p3=substr($order->info['cc_number'],8,4);
   $cc_p4=substr($order->info['cc_number'],12,4);
                   echo  $cc_p1 . '-' . $cc_p2 . '-' . $cc_p3 . '-' . $cc_p4; ?></td>
          </tr>
          <tr>
            <td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD_EXPIRES; ?></td>
            <td class="main"><?php echo $order->info['cc_expires']; ?></td>
          </tr>
<?php
    }
?>
        </table></td>
      </tr>
      <tr>
      </tr>
      <tr>
        <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
          <tr class="dataTableHeadingRow">
            <td class="dataTableHeadingContent" colspan="2"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS; ?></td>
            <td class="dataTableHeadingContent"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS_MODEL; ?></td>
            <td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="right"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_TAX; ?></td>
            <td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="right"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_PRICE_EXCLUDING_TAX; ?></td>
            <td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="right"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_PRICE_INCLUDING_TAX; ?></td>
            <td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="right"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_TOTAL_EXCLUDING_TAX; ?></td>
            <td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="right"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_TOTAL_INCLUDING_TAX; ?></td>
          </tr>
<?php
    for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($order->products); $i<$n; $i++) {
      echo '          <tr class="dataTableRow">' . "n" .
           '            <td class="dataTableContent" valign="top" align="right">' . $order->products[$i]['qty'] . ' x</td>' . "n" .
           '            <td class="dataTableContent" valign="top">' . $order->products[$i]['name'];

if (isset($order->products[$i]['attributes']) && (sizeof($order->products[$i]['attributes']) > 0)) {
        for ($j = 0, $k = sizeof($order->products[$i]['attributes']); $j < $k; $j++) {
          echo '<br><nobr><small> <i> - ' . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['option'] . ': ' . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['value'];
          if ($order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['price'] != '0') echo ' (' . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['prefix'] . $currencies->format($order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['price'] * $order->products[$i]['qty'], true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']) . ')';
          echo '</i></small></nobr>';
        }
      }

echo '            </td>' . "n" .
           '            <td class="dataTableContent" valign="top">' . $order->products[$i]['model'] . '</td>' . "n" .
           '            <td class="dataTableContent" align="right" valign="top">' . tep_display_tax_value($order->products[$i]['tax']) . '%</td>' . "n" .
           '            <td class="dataTableContent" align="right" valign="top"><b>' . $currencies->format($order->products[$i]['final_price'], true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']) . '</b></td>' . "n" .
           '            <td class="dataTableContent" align="right" valign="top"><b>' . $currencies->format(tep_add_tax($order->products[$i]['final_price'], $order->products[$i]['tax']), true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']) . '</b></td>' . "n" .
           '            <td class="dataTableContent" align="right" valign="top"><b>' . $currencies->format($order->products[$i]['final_price'] * $order->products[$i]['qty'], true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']) . '</b></td>' . "n" .
           '            <td class="dataTableContent" align="right" valign="top"><b>' . $currencies->format(tep_add_tax($order->products[$i]['final_price'], $order->products[$i]['tax']) * $order->products[$i]['qty'], true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']) . '</b></td>' . "n";
      echo '          </tr>' . "n";
    }
?>
          <tr>
            <td align="right" colspan="8"><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<?php
    for ($i = 0, $n = sizeof($order->totals); $i < $n; $i++) {
      echo '              <tr>' . "n" .
           '                <td align="right" class="smallText">' . $order->totals[$i]['title'] . '</td>' . "n" .
           '                <td align="right" class="smallText">' . $order->totals[$i]['text'] . '</td>' . "n" .
           '              </tr>' . "n";
    }
?>
            </table></td>
          </tr>
        </table></td>
      </tr>
      <tr>
      </tr>
      <tr>
        <td class="main"><table border="1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="5">
          <tr>
            <td class="smallText" align="center"><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_DATE_ADDED; ?></b></td>
            <td class="smallText" align="center"><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_CUSTOMER_NOTIFIED; ?></b></td>
            <td class="smallText" align="center"><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_STATUS; ?></b></td>
            <td class="smallText" align="center"><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_COMMENTS; ?></b></td>
          </tr>
<?php
    $orders_history_query = tep_db_query("select orders_status_id, date_added, customer_notified, comments from " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY . " where orders_id = '" . tep_db_input($oID) . "' order by date_added");
    if (tep_db_num_rows($orders_history_query)) {
      while ($orders_history = tep_db_fetch_array($orders_history_query)) {
        echo '          <tr>' . "n" .
             '            <td class="smallText" align="center">' . tep_datetime_short($orders_history['date_added']) . '</td>' . "n" .
             '            <td class="smallText" align="center">';
        if ($orders_history['customer_notified'] == '1') {
          echo tep_image(DIR_WS_ICONS . 'tick.gif', ICON_TICK) . "</td>n";
        } else {
          echo tep_image(DIR_WS_ICONS . 'cross.gif', ICON_CROSS) . "</td>n";
        }
        echo '            <td class="smallText">' . $orders_status_array[$orders_history['orders_status_id']] . '</td>' . "n" .
             '            <td class="smallText">' . nl2br(tep_db_output($orders_history['comments'])) . ' </td>' . "n" .
             '          </tr>' . "n";
      }
    } else {
        echo '          <tr>' . "n" .
             '            <td class="smallText" colspan="5">' . TEXT_NO_ORDER_HISTORY . '</td>' . "n" .
             '          </tr>' . "n";
    }
?>
        </table></td>
      </tr>
      <tr>
        <td class="main"><br><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_COMMENTS; ?></b></td>
      </tr>
      <tr>
        <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '5'); ?></td>
      </tr>
      <tr><?php echo tep_draw_form('status', FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=update_order'); ?>
        <td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('comments', 'soft', '60', '5'); ?></td>
      </tr>
      <tr>
      </tr>
      <tr>
          <tr>
              <tr>
                <td class="main"><b><?php echo ENTRY_STATUS; ?></b> <?php echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('status', $orders_statuses, $order->info['orders_status']); ?></td>
              </tr>
              <tr>
                <td class="main"><b><?php echo ENTRY_NOTIFY_CUSTOMER; ?></b> <?php echo tep_draw_checkbox_field('notify', '', true); ?></td>
                <td class="main"><b><?php echo ENTRY_NOTIFY_COMMENTS; ?></b> <?php echo tep_draw_checkbox_field('notify_comments', '', true); ?></td>
              </tr>
            </table></td>
            <td valign="top"><?php echo tep_image_submit('button_update.gif', IMAGE_UPDATE); ?></td>
          </tr>
        </table></td>
      </form></tr>
      <tr>
        <td colspan="2" align="right"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS_INVOICE, 'oID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['oID']) . '" TARGET="_blank">' . tep_image_button('button_invoice.gif', IMAGE_ORDERS_INVOICE) . '</a> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS_PACKINGSLIP, 'oID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['oID']) . '" TARGET="_blank">' . tep_image_button('button_packingslip.gif', IMAGE_ORDERS_PACKINGSLIP) . '</a> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action'))) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_back.gif', IMAGE_BACK) . '</a>'; ?></td>
      </tr>
<?php
  } else {
?>
      <tr>
        <td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
          <tr>
            <td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>
            <td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', 1, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
            <td align="right"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
              <tr><?php echo tep_draw_form('orders', FILENAME_ORDERS, '', 'get'); ?>
                <td class="smallText" align="right"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE_SEARCH . ' ' . tep_draw_input_field('oID', '', 'size="12"') . tep_draw_hidden_field('action', 'edit'); ?></td>
              </form></tr>
              <tr><?php echo tep_draw_form('status', FILENAME_ORDERS, '', 'get'); ?>
                <td class="smallText" align="right"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE_STATUS . ' ' . tep_draw_pull_down_menu('status', array_merge(array(array('id' => '', 'text' => TEXT_ALL_ORDERS)), $orders_statuses), '', 'onChange="this.form.submit();"'); ?></td>
              </form></tr>           
            </table></td>
          </tr>
        </table></td>
      </tr>
      <tr>
        <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
          <tr>
            <td valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
              <tr class="dataTableHeadingRow">
                <td class="dataTableHeadingContent"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_CUSTOMERS; ?></td>
                <td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="right"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_ORDER_TOTAL; ?></td>
                <td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="center"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_DATE_PURCHASED; ?></td>
                <td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="right"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_STATUS; ?></td>
                <td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="right"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_ACTION; ?> </td>
              </tr>
<?php
    if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['cID'])) {
      $cID = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_GET_VARS['cID']);
      $orders_query_raw = "select o.orders_id, o.customers_name, o.customers_id, o.payment_method, o.date_purchased, o.last_modified, o.currency, o.currency_value, s.orders_status_name, ot.text as order_total from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " o left join " . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . " ot on (o.orders_id = ot.orders_id), " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS . " s where o.customers_id = '" . (int)$cID . "' and o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id and s.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and ot.class = 'ot_total' order by orders_id DESC";
    } elseif (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['status'])) {
      $status = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_GET_VARS['status']);
      $orders_query_raw = "select o.orders_id, o.customers_name, o.payment_method, o.date_purchased, o.last_modified, o.currency, o.currency_value, s.orders_status_name, ot.text as order_total from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " o left join " . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . " ot on (o.orders_id = ot.orders_id), " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS . " s where o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id and s.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and s.orders_status_id = '" . (int)$status . "' and ot.class = 'ot_total' order by o.orders_id DESC";
    } else {
      $orders_query_raw = "select o.orders_id, o.customers_name, o.payment_method, o.date_purchased, o.last_modified, o.currency, o.currency_value, s.orders_status_name, ot.text as order_total from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " o left join " . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . " ot on (o.orders_id = ot.orders_id), " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS . " s where o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id and s.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and ot.class = 'ot_total' order by o.orders_id DESC";
    }
    $orders_split = new splitPageResults($HTTP_GET_VARS['page'], MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS, $orders_query_raw, $orders_query_numrows);
    $orders_query = tep_db_query($orders_query_raw);
    while ($orders = tep_db_fetch_array($orders_query)) {
    if ((!isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['oID']) || (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['oID']) && ($HTTP_GET_VARS['oID'] == $orders['orders_id']))) && !isset($oInfo)) {
        $oInfo = new objectInfo($orders);
      }

if (isset($oInfo) && is_object($oInfo) && ($orders['orders_id'] == $oInfo->orders_id)) {
        echo '              <tr id="defaultSelected" class="dataTableRowSelected" onmouseover="rowOverEffect(this)" onmouseout="rowOutEffect(this)" onclick="document.location.href='' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('oID', 'action')) . 'oID=' . $oInfo->orders_id . '&action=edit') . ''">' . "n";
      } else {
        echo '              <tr class="dataTableRow" onmouseover="rowOverEffect(this)" onmouseout="rowOutEffect(this)" onclick="document.location.href='' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('oID')) . 'oID=' . $orders['orders_id']) . ''">' . "n";
      }
?>
                <td class="dataTableContent"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('oID', 'action')) . 'oID=' . $orders['orders_id'] . '&action=edit') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_ICONS . 'preview.gif', ICON_PREVIEW) . '</a> ' . $orders['customers_name']; ?></td>
                <td class="dataTableContent" align="right"><?php echo strip_tags($orders['order_total']); ?></td>
                <td class="dataTableContent" align="center"><?php echo tep_datetime_short($orders['date_purchased']); ?></td>
                <td class="dataTableContent" align="right"><?php echo $orders['orders_status_name']; ?></td>
                <td class="dataTableContent" align="right"><?php if (isset($oInfo) && is_object($oInfo) && ($orders['orders_id'] == $oInfo->orders_id)) { echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icon_arrow_right.gif', ''); } else { echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('oID')) . 'oID=' . $orders['orders_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icon_info.gif', IMAGE_ICON_INFO) . '</a>'; } ?> </td>
              </tr>
<?php
    }
?>
              <tr>
                <td colspan="5"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
                  <tr>
                    <td class="smallText" valign="top"><?php echo $orders_split->display_count($orders_query_numrows, MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS, $HTTP_GET_VARS['page'], TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_ORDERS); ?></td>
                    <td class="smallText" align="right"><?php echo $orders_split->display_links($orders_query_numrows, MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS, MAX_DISPLAY_PAGE_LINKS, $HTTP_GET_VARS['page'], tep_get_all_get_params(array('page', 'oID', 'action'))); ?></td>
                  </tr>
                </table></td>
              </tr>
            </table></td>
<?php
  $heading = array();
  $contents = array();

switch ($action) {
    case 'delete':
      $heading[] = array('text' => '<b>' . TEXT_INFO_HEADING_DELETE_ORDER . '</b>');

$contents = array('form' => tep_draw_form('orders', FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('oID', 'action')) . 'oID=' . $oInfo->orders_id . '&action=deleteconfirm'));
      $contents[] = array('text' => TEXT_INFO_DELETE_INTRO . '<br><br><b>' . $cInfo->customers_firstname . ' ' . $cInfo->customers_lastname . '</b>');
      $contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . tep_draw_checkbox_field('restock') . ' ' . TEXT_INFO_RESTOCK_PRODUCT_QUANTITY);
      $contents[] = array('align' => 'center', 'text' => '<br>' . tep_image_submit('button_delete.gif', IMAGE_DELETE) . ' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('oID', 'action')) . 'oID=' . $oInfo->orders_id) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_cancel.gif', IMAGE_CANCEL) . '</a>');
      break;
    default:
      if (isset($oInfo) && is_object($oInfo)) {
        $heading[] = array('text' => '<b>[' . $oInfo->orders_id . ']  ' . tep_datetime_short($oInfo->date_purchased) . '</b>');

$contents[] = array('align' => 'center', 'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('oID', 'action')) . 'oID=' . $oInfo->orders_id . '&action=edit') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_edit.gif', IMAGE_EDIT) . '</a> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('oID', 'action')) . 'oID=' . $oInfo->orders_id . '&action=delete') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_delete.gif', IMAGE_DELETE) . '</a>');
        $contents[] = array('align' => 'center', 'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS_INVOICE, 'oID=' . $oInfo->orders_id) . '" TARGET="_blank">' . tep_image_button('button_invoice.gif', IMAGE_ORDERS_INVOICE) . '</a> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS_PACKINGSLIP, 'oID=' . $oInfo->orders_id) . '" TARGET="_blank">' . tep_image_button('button_packingslip.gif', IMAGE_ORDERS_PACKINGSLIP) . '</a>');
        $contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . TEXT_DATE_ORDER_CREATED . ' ' . tep_date_short($oInfo->date_purchased));
        if (tep_not_null($oInfo->last_modified)) $contents[] = array('text' => TEXT_DATE_ORDER_LAST_MODIFIED . ' ' . tep_date_short($oInfo->last_modified));
        $contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . TEXT_INFO_PAYMENT_METHOD . ' '  . $oInfo->payment_method);
      }
      break;
  }

if ( (tep_not_null($heading)) && (tep_not_null($contents)) ) {
    echo '            <td width="25%" valign="top">' . "n";

$box = new box;
    echo $box->infoBox($heading, $contents);

echo '            </td>' . "n";
  }
?>
          </tr>
        </table></td>
      </tr>
<?php
  }
?>
    </table></td>
<!-- body_text_eof //-->
  </tr>
</table>
<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>
<!-- footer_eof //-->
<br>
</body>
</html>
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

Hi,

There was a few minor  things in there  you can try the attached file upload to /yoursite/admin/

but first find admin/orders.php    and rename by right clicking to orders.php_old  then upload the file I have attached may help.

If it breaks anything more just delete the file and rename your orders.php_old---> to orders.php    and you are back to where you started .

Regards

Joli

orders.php

Thanks @@joli1811, so if I understood correctly, I am to copy my admin.php file to another location renaming it _old, and then replace the file in admin/orders with your file. If it doesn't work, I am to delete that, and replace my _old file back in there. If your file does work, what should I expect to see? No more error messages when looking up orders in the customers section? Also, how can I cut and paste things ensuring a space or line doesn't get moved around in the process? This is the problem I had last time I tried something. I had saved my old file in notepad, but when the new thing didn't work, and I replaced the old one, it also didn't work. My webmaster said it was likely a space or something that had shifted during the copy paste process.

Sylvia

I use notepad++ myself free and good better than notepad a lot easier to work with

we do not build a house with a knife and spoon but use saws hammers trowels etc so get yourself a decent tool to work with (notepad++ just google) and you should not have so many problems. ;)

So No listen you go to your admin folder and open inside you will see a file called orders.php this file you rename to orders.php_old it is still there just does not function anymore because it does not end in .php  

it ends in php_old so computer does not recognise (w00t)  now you can upload the file I sent now only minor differences

I took it from a later ms2 version and added your bit of custom code so do not know if it will help but should not harm.

Now if anything was to happen you still have the original file orders.php_old  in the right place on your server so if you wanted to roll back you would just delete the file I sent and rename your original back to orders.php :D

Regards

Joli

Now not sure about your error messages sometimes if an order is processed and for some reason probably old php conflict there are certain details missing that oscommerce expects he will throw an error impossible to say without studying

Ahhhh, thank you! Now, I understand the instructions better! Fingers crossed I don't find a way to mess this up. Gotta pick up the kids now, but I will attempt OSC surgery and update you of the prognosis when I get back! :D

Hi there again @@joli1811,

I'm sorry to say that I was unable to do the file rename for some reason. When going in the orders.php file, there was no option to rename! Nothing upon right clicking, and no option in the little menu to the right when you hit edit. I did download Notepad++ though, and have copied the file into there. So, I'm thinking I should make a second copy of the old file and then replace one of the files with yours, and then replace the actual file with it to see if it works. If so, yay, if not, then I can just get the original file from the other notepad page, and replace it into the osc place, and HOPEFULLY, it will replace properly and not wipe out my whole page! Does this sound like a good plan?

sorry meant left click have not blessed myself recently so forgetting my left and right hand side o:)

plan sounds good

Regards

Joli

LOL, it's ok, I think I clicked every which way there was to click anyway, and honestly, it is me who needs to be blessed! I tell you, I kill everything with code. I will try again, and if not, I will use the plan above. If not again, my webmaster is now back and I'll have to fall at her mercy!

Small update: My webmaster said that in order to replace some type of codes properly, you need to have a ftp program because otherwise you end up with spaces that will bugger up the  file. That is what keeps happening to me, I guess. Anyway, she did install the add on for me that is supposed to let you sort the admin/customers by first name, last name, or date. It works, and it was most enlightening! I was able to see all the most recently created accounts and I found A LOT of accounts where there were no orders, or at least when you click on order history, it was the same error message. This is not good. I ended up sending an email to those customers just to find out if they had made accounts, but not bought anything, or if they had actually placed orders that weren't coming through to admin/orders. The way I see it, even if people made an account but never ended up ordering, if I search their order history, it shouldn't give me an error message. It should still take me to the orders page, but just have an empty page, or say there are no orders here. My webmaster also emailed that error message to the host, and they said it looked like there was some scripts that were not accessing the database and that it was likely because the osc version is too old. They then told her that for $90/hour, they would check it out, but no guarantees they would be able to fix it. I don't think I want to pay a couple hundred dollars or more for them to say sorry we couldn't find or repair the issue.

Aside from that, she was busy with her own stuff, so we weren't able to get to the pay pal add on yet. Now, I am going to go and fiddle around with the tax thing and see if I can make heads or tails out of that!

well if the host gets $90 per hour what does an osc expert earn :ph34r: :lol: some people just dream of the quick million

Archived