• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Order issues...

gcextreme

Ok..i have a few issues.

1... i recieve paypal notification of payment...but my oscommerce admin has no record of the customers purchase.

2..the paypal notification is missing options for the purchase. No product number or options show up on the paypal invoice. For example i recieve $20...but it doesnt say its for a tshirt...and what color and size the shirt the customer wanted..

• 2 weeks later...

@@gcextreme

Return url is

http://www.gcextreme.com/checkout_process.php

Using paypal express checkout.

Ive had customers inform me that paypal did bring them back to my site.

@@gcextreme

A return url should be your order/checkout confirmation page, where users can see their transaction is successful. checkout_process.php cannot be your retrun url.

Below is the return url requirement given by PayPal:

"The following items are required to set up Auto Return.

Per the user agreement, you must provide verbiage on the page displayed by the Return URL that will help the buyer understand that the payment has been made and that the transaction has been completed.

You must provide verbiage on the page displayed by the Return URL that explains that payment transaction details will be emailed to the buyer.

Example: Thank you for your payment. Your transaction has been completed, and a receipt for your purchase has been emailed to you. You may log into your account at www.paypal.com to view details of this transaction."

Like post..hit LIKE button.

osCommerce | Joomla | WordPress | Magento | SEO | CakePHP | CI

Guaranteed Website Speed Optimization!!

Ok so i have to create the return page? I thought there was already one i just needed to give the url for??

I will see what i can do fornthis sandbox paypal thing to try a test.

Also i just got another order..i got the paypal payment notification, it shows the price and customers info but not the item number/name/options of what they bought.

I had the customer forward the auto email that was sent to them, that email has all the info....so im confused.

Oscommerce as far as I am aware has never sent the order details to paypal. They do not need the information. Saying that |I only use the standard module, so yours could be different.

Again as far as I am aware the paypal return URL should be checkout_process on the latest version. You do not need to create any pages.

What happens in you turn off paypal express in admin and use the paypal standard module.?

What happened when you carried out a test purchase using sandbox mode?

Has it ever wotked correctly?

Are you getting any errors in your error file?

As this is not a common problem, have you altered any files that may have broken the checkout pages like other order total modules or discount modules?

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Oscommerce as far as I am aware has never sent the order details to paypal. They do not need the information. Saying that |I only use the standard module, so yours could be different.

Again as far as I am aware the paypal return URL should be checkout_process on the latest version. You do not need to create any pages.

What happens in you turn off paypal express in admin and use the paypal standard module.?

What happened when you carried out a test purchase using sandbox mode?

Has it ever wotked correctly?

Are you getting any errors in your error file?

As this is not a common problem, have you altered any files that may have broken the checkout pages like other order total modules or discount modules?

No it hasnt, i just installed oscommerce this summer and have been working on my shopping cart. i have sold the same one item several times, and i have got the paypal notifications and that seemed to work fine, except my site hasnt been recording the user/customers orders, and the customer gets the automated email of their order that has the complete order info, but i never get that info.

where is this error file??

no i have not altered any checkout pages or files.

The error file is usually in your roor folder. There is also one in your admin folder, or there should be. Log in to your hosting account and if you have cpanel look for file manager, or something similar, and look for error log. It should list all the errors on the site, which is why there should also be one in the admin folder.

What happened when you turned off paypal express and used paypal standard. Do the orders record also work if you use a cheque or cash module. You may neefd to install one of these. There are many ways of testing the process, but you never seem to say what happens whren you test things. if you cant do it let someone who can do it for you. Oscommerce and its payment modules work straight out og the tin, so if things are not working its either the way you have them set up, or you have done something to stop them working. I can give you no more help if you do not let me know what happens when you try things.

If you are still having problems I am sure if you post in the paid help forum, someone will be willing and able to sort your problem if you cant.

Thanks...i still cant figure out how to test these things, how do i setup this "sandbox" paypal thing??

i keep getting a "Service un-available" message.

I had a subscription, a 3 month subscription, and i asked for help, and didnt get much help on this part.

I do have the check/cash modules, but i have them turned off.

My host uses a Parallels Plesk panel, i found the file manager and an error_doc file, and this is a screen shot.

most of these are back in may from when i was setting it up. the most recent is today, from them doing an upgrade on the server

post-321322-0-53829900-1385574849_thumb.jpg

should i have this turned on:

Payment Data Transfer (optional)

Payment Data Transfer allows you to receive notification of successful payments as they are made. The use of Payment Data Transfer depends on your system configuration and your Return URL. Please note that in order to use Payment Data Transfer, you must turn on Auto Return. Payment Data Transfer:

Payment Data Transfer:

OnOff

Identity Token:-------------

I cant tell you how to do it, but there is lots of help on the paypal site, and I am sure that there is also more information on google, or other search engines.

I do know you have to create a sandbox account somewhere on paypal.

• 6 months later...

This is an old thread, but I am having almost the exact same problem so I wonder if anyone can help. We just added Pay Pal as a payment option several days ago. The other day, I received my first pay pal order, and had the same problem as the original poster of this thread where there was no item information on the pay pal notification email, just our company name where it says description. Additionally, there was amount, shipping that Pay Pal had added, and after clicking on details, the discount fee taken off by Pay Pal. Also like the original poster of this thread, when I went into my admin - orders, the order was nowhere to be found. I was able to find the customer's contact information when entering his name under admin-customers, but when trying to click in that location on orders which is supposed to show order history, I get an error as follows:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-20, 20' at line 1

select o.orders_id, o.customers_name, o.customers_id, o.payment_method, o.date_purchased, o.last_modified, o.currency, o.currency_value, s.orders_status_name, ot.text as order_total from orders o left join orders_total ot on (o.orders_id = ot.orders_id), orders_status s where o.customers_id = '6096' and o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id and s.language_id = '1' and ot.class = 'ot_total' order by orders_id DESC limit -20, 20

I have no idea what this means, but it is not good if I am losing orders through the cracks! I did phone Pay Pal and ask them about this, but got no assistance as they blamed OSC for the problem, and said I needed to talk to them. Well, there is no customer support phone number so here I am. Incidentally, the next day, I received an email from another customer asking where there order was. Again, no record of order under the orders category in admin, but found the customer info under customers. Same problem when I click on order history, I get the above error message. This order was NOT a pay pal order so I'm not so sure if it is a pay pal problem or not. Any Insights? I placed a test order myself (choosing cheque/money order option), and it went through fine.

My OSC version is really old - Version 2.2-MS2, PHP Version 5.1.6

Thanks in advance for any help!

Yeah I never got it fixed.. im thinking of getting rid of OsCommerce. Going to OpenCart. Much more tech help and even a phone number to call.

I even paid the forum subscription for a 3 month membership to get tech support..yeah never got any help..waste of money and time.

Thanks for that add-on, John! I will see if my webmaster can install it as I am deathly afraid of code! I managed to wipe out my whole website once because of a missed space. Thank goodness she had a back up saved and she just reinstalled it! :sweating:

Glenn, I hear you! It is so frustrating to have issues and not be able to call someone and get some help. Unfortunately, we "inherited" this site with the business, and due to the fact that we have so many different products, my webmaster felt it would be more work than it was worth to start all over again with a newer shopping cart system. Yes, we are giving up some conveniences, but even updating to a newer version of OSC has its potential issues, so we live with it.

Now, if I could only figure out how to deal with the missing orders issue, and this error code. Just out of curiosity Glenn, were you getting this same error when trying to locate customer's order info?

Archived