• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SEO Header Tags - RELOADED support?

Tsimi

Looks fine in all 3 languages ... I see no difference in any of them (other than translated words).

:huh: you mean you don't see any bold font??

i don't mean the description on the left, i mean the description further below where the two chopsticks and the test item are listed.

Edited by Tsimi

Hi,

Yes I see it not at the top right but further down the page (which Burt may have been looking at )

.slaveName {

font-family: Lucida Grande, Lucida Sans, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;

font-size: 14px;

font-weight: bold;

}

where is this coming from still searching looks maybe a bit suspicious

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

@@burt was right! (w00t)

jesus how could i miss that!? :blink: :sweating:

i was looking all the time at the product that has the bold font trouble instead of looking at the product above! :-

many thanks burt!

@@joli1811

Thanks for helping! :thumbsup:

Edited by Tsimi

• 3 weeks later...

I installed this addon and it does almost what I want.

The almost is for the html part.

I readed somewhere that I can not use html with this addon and I'm to affraid to try it.

I spent 2 day's to get my site working again, (then I also installed this and used html)

I'm new to OS and tried to read as much as I can last 2 weeks, but for a relative noob like me it's a lot:p

Can someone pls. tell me if it's possible to use html by the (sub) category pages, without the need of complex instalations first?

(only part I use from this addon, to afraid to try the rest and mess up again:p)

Thanks in advance

Hi Loet ,

The html can be used in product description and category description

BUT should NOT be used in the new seo fields (meta description )

Using in the mini description if it is activated will also probably break the format so better no html there.

Regards

Joli

Hi Loet ,

The html can be used in product description and category description

BUT should NOT be used in the new seo fields (meta description )

Using in the mini description if it is activated will also probably break the format so better no html there.

Regards

Joli

Thanks for your respons.

I messed it up again:p

Somehow 2 addons can't work together.

I also have a addon "frontpage", wich allows me to make the frontpage exactly as I like (with the use of html)

I tried several way's, installing frontpage first then this one, and vice versa.

I cant have both, editing the frontpage and editing the categories, it's 1 of the 2 only.

Wich looks strange to me and I'm certain I do something wrong, just can't figure out what:p

I tried

Well this works fine with Seo header tags reloaded

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1026 the version from SLiCK_303 27 May 2011

there is an extra module in the reloaded package specifically for this addon

Do the reloaded install first as it is slightly more complicated if it is a new install just simply overwrite your files with the new reloaded.files

Then make sure you put the additional code for the information add on in the right place paying special attention to your index.php

Regards

Joli

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi All,

Mini fix: for reloaded

After Live Chat with Burt in chat room  to fix quotes throwing an error when updating or  changing reviews and testimonials we need to add

"Burt says "

burt
add tep_db_input() around $review

Line: #56     admin/reviews.php replace with

//tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_REVIEWS_DESCRIPTION . " (reviews_id, languages_id, reviews_text) values ('" . (int)$insert_id . "', '" . (int)$languages_id . "', '" . $review . "')");
   tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_REVIEWS_DESCRIPTION . " (reviews_id, languages_id, reviews_text) values ('" . (int)$insert_id . "', '" . (int)$languages_id . "', '" . tep_db_input($review) . "')");

and with

line:  #68  admin/reviews.php 

//tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_REVIEWS_DESCRIPTION . " (reviews_id, languages_id, reviews_text) values ('" . (int)$insert_id . "', '" . (int)$languages_id . "', '" . $review . "')");
   tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_REVIEWS_DESCRIPTION . " (reviews_id, languages_id, reviews_text) values ('" . (int)$insert_id . "', '" . (int)$languages_id . "', '" . tep_db_input($review) . "')");

Regards

Joli

Edited by joli1811

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, on my initial testing, I have identified a couple of items ...

1) the definitions BOX_HEADING_ORDERS and BOX_ORDERS_ORDERS are not added to catalog/admin/includes/languages/english.php.  Simple thing to add, though.

2) *If* you are using the "Information Pages Unlimited" add-on (which Burt includes patches for in "SEO Header Tags - Reloaded), you will need to edit catalog/includes/modules/boxes/bm_information.php in order to: 1) make it work, and 2) allow you to put the Information box in the footer (which you can in 234bs). Let me know if you need the edited file.

Malcolm

If I may ask ... can someone else duplicate and/or confirm this for me ...

When I install a clean version of 234bs, the 'Contact Us' screen looks like this:

As soon as I install SEO Header Tags - Reloaded, it looks like this:

Notice where the asterisk that was in front of the 'Required Information' has moved to ...

(Apparently, I also had this bug back with 2334bs too, but hadn't noticed it ...)

Malcolm

• 2 weeks later...

@@burt

there is this piece of code inside the pages title module

if ( (defined('META_SEO_TITLE')) && (strlen(META_SEO_TITLE) > 0) ) {
        $oscTemplate->setTitle(tep_output_string(META_SEO_TITLE)  . ', ' . $oscTemplate->getTitle());
      }

is it intended to be like this?  I mean the STORE_NAME  (which it takes from the english.php, line 50) comes "after" the META_SEO_TITLE

When I create fav icons for apple products or windows 8 tiles i get the company logo and underneath it shows the META SEO TITLE instead of the Company name.

Can the position be switched without harming the SEO?

Or should i just keep an empty define inside the english.php and add the company name inside the META_SEO_TITLE?

@@burt

Thanks G. Will do.

UPDATE:

That did the trick. Now Store Name is first and then the rest.

STORE_NAME | bla, bla, bla, bla,.....

Text on the Icons show just fine now...thanks again.

Edited by Tsimi

@@joli1811

John, in admin/reviews.php with a testimonial in place

- Under the testimonial header in the table, does the gif show red or green?  Mine is red.

- When you double click the testimonial taking it to preview

https://www dot myshop dot com/myadmin/reviews dot php?page=1&rID=6&action=preview

I am getting these warnings:

Warning: array_merge(): Argument #2 is not an array in /home/username/public_html/myadmin/reviews.php on line 166

Warning: reset() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /home/usernamepublic_html/myadmin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 17

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/username/public_html/myadmin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 18

And below it looks like so:

Reviews pixel_trans.gifProduct: 

Date: Review:

Meaning no data.  However when editing works fine.

https://www dot myshop dot com/myadmin/reviews dot php?page=1&rID=6&action=edit

Wondering if you've noticed this?

Hi All,

Mini fix: for reloaded

After Live Chat with Burt in chat room  to fix quotes throwing an error when updating or  changing reviews and testimonials we need to add

"Burt says "

burt
add tep_db_input() around $review

Line: #56     admin/reviews.php replace with

and with

line:  #68  admin/reviews.php 

Regards

Joli

Edited by altoid

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.