• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SEO Header Tags - RELOADED support?

Tsimi

@@altoid

Hi Steve,

Yes you are right never noticed

Warning: array_merge(): Argument #2 is not an array in /home/txxxxx/public_html/admin/reviews.php on line 164

my line 164 is

$rInfo_array = array_merge($reviews, $products, $products_name);

<?php
  } elseif ($action == 'preview') {
    if (tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS)) {
      $rInfo = new objectInfo($HTTP_POST_VARS);
    } else {
      $rID = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_GET_VARS['rID']);

$reviews_query = tep_db_query("select r.reviews_id, r.products_id, r.customers_name, r.date_added, r.last_modified, r.reviews_read, rd.reviews_text, r.reviews_rating, r.reviews_status from " . TABLE_REVIEWS . " r, " . TABLE_REVIEWS_DESCRIPTION . " rd where r.reviews_id = '" . (int)$rID . "' and r.reviews_id = rd.reviews_id");
      $reviews = tep_db_fetch_array($reviews_query);

$products_query = tep_db_query("select products_image from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " where products_id = '" . (int)$reviews['products_id'] . "'");
      $products = tep_db_fetch_array($products_query);

$products_name_query = tep_db_query("select products_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " where products_id = '" . (int)$reviews['products_id'] . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
      $products_name = tep_db_fetch_array($products_name_query);

$rInfo_array = array_merge($reviews, $products, $products_name);
      $rInfo = new objectInfo($rInfo_array);
    }
?>

regards

John

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

@@altoid

Hi,

Got my curiosity going to be honest I have not used the testimonial very much this gets rid of the error by me about line 166

$rInfo_array = array_merge((array)$reviews, (array)$products, (array)$products_name);
    }
?>

am I missing the point here ??

I can now add a new testimonial but I can not assign to  review or customer or product so this would just be a general site testimonial also the only way to see would be by adding a link somewhere called say shop testimonial .

Now maybe me just being thick about how to use??

Regards

Joli

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

@@joli1811

I think the intent of this is for the shop owner to enter a customer or other happy person's comments on the shop in general.

So something like this.

Fred Zertz a customer emails me and says "What a great shop you have there"   so I get his permission to post his testimonial and he agrees and says give it a 5 star rating.

Then the testimonials page is called however.  I was thinking maybe a link in the Information box, where any customer could view testimonials and of course google and bing could visit and index too.

So with a good meta title and description attached to the testimonials.php page that would be a good SEO thing.

Plus shop credibility to the human users who view testimonials.

That's the set up I think.

@@altoid

Hi,

Got my curiosity going to be honest I have not used the testimonial very much this gets rid of the error by me about line 166

$rInfo_array = array_merge((array)$reviews, (array)$products, (array)$products_name);
    }
?>

am I missing the point here ??

I can now add a new testimonial but I can not assign to  review or customer or product so this would just be a general site testimonial also the only way to see would be by adding a link somewhere called say shop testimonial .

Now maybe me just being thick about how to use??

Regards

Joli

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

• 3 weeks later...

Just getting ready to install this Add On and the pre step suggests that I post my url here if I not sure if I have normal or bootstrap OSC, as I have no idea what "Bootstrap" is I thought best to check.

http://www.raunchyrags.co.uk/shop NOT SAFE FOR WORK

Cheers in advance

Edited by burt

Complete Newbie On The Learn - Not A Programmer

But Learning As I Go

Just a quickie Burt,

Just comparing product_info and there are a few differences that relate to "itemprop" I am guessing that this is not to do with the SEO headers?

Ricardo

Complete Newbie On The Learn - Not A Programmer

But Learning As I Go

@@burt

seo header tags reloaded is for 2334bs, not 234bs.

If someone wants to sponsor the code changes, then the code changes would be done.

I would be interested...

I ended up doing this myself (updating the files to support 2.3.4BS). I'll send you over my files (if you are interested) to make sure I didn't make any (I should say.... to many...) mistakes - hopefully you can then update the contribution.

I ended up doing this myself (updating the files to support 2.3.4BS). I'll send you over my files (if you are interested) to make sure I didn't make any (I should say.... to many...) mistakes - hopefully you can then update the contribution.

Can I take a stab at it as well?

Thank you @@burt. I have have it done and working/testing on a new install with very little mods (other than seo urls and a few changes on my index, product_info and listing) - and have also compared a set of files for a fresh 2.3.4BS install.

@@newburns is also working on this ... I will compare both his file set and my file set and then install on a fresh 2.3.4bs to be sure everything is good to go before I send them your way. I have no issue supporting (but I'm learning at the same time - I've always used Header Tags SEO).

newburns

Thank you @@burt. I have have it done and working/testing on a new install with very little mods (other than seo urls and a few changes on my index, product_info and listing) - and have also compared a set of files for a fresh 2.3.4BS install.

@@newburns is also working on this ... I will compare both his file set and my file set and then install on a fresh 2.3.4bs to be sure everything is good to go before I send them your way. I have no issue supporting (but I'm learning at the same time - I've always used Header Tags SEO).

Great thanks,  I'm not expecting you to fully support everything, just to help with the basic questions.  

@@Tsimi does the same, he even started this support thread which was nice of him :p

Are there so big differences between the 2.3.3.4 and 2.3.4 version?

One of the bigger aspects is establishing content modules.  I'd say you need that for later versions plus for add ons that are written for the content module system.

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

@@greasemonkey

I see,..i thought that that might be the main difference but else it is more or less same, right? The catalog part i mean.

I haven't tried yet to install this add-on into a 2.3.4 store yet so i can't tell how hard it is. @@ArtcoInc also installed this add-on into a 2.3.4BS shop but i can't tell how far he got.

@@altoid

Hi Steve it's been a while. ^_^

I meant the SEO code changes part. Not sure but i thought that the main changes in the catalog area are the listing files (specials, new products, product listing) and product info and they don't look all too different to me. The admin area on the other hand is a bit trickier i guess.

Anyway I am looking forward to it and hope you guys get it working. #communityeffort at it's best. :thumbsup:

@@greasemonkey

I see,..i thought that that might be the main difference but else it is more or less same, right? The catalog part i mean.

I haven't tried yet to install this add-on into a 2.3.4 store yet so i can't tell how hard it is. @@ArtcoInc also installed this add-on into a 2.3.4BS shop but i can't tell how far he got.

Anyway I am looking forward to it and hope you guys get it working. #communityeffort at it's best. :thumbsup:

@@Tsimi

Other than a couple of missing language definitions, it wasn't too difficult to get it to function in a 234bs store. And as such, it provides SEO to about 99% of the store. But, I think @@burt is trying to point out that v234 adds additional functionality with the content modules, and the add-on *as it exists* does not add SEO to that module. In my opinion, whether that last 1% is important is up to you.

Malcolm

@@Tsimi Hi there,  if I understand what your looking into, I've had the modules form HT SEOs reloaded installed in one shop since Gary first released these, Then along the line I've upgraded that one shop to 2.3.4.  All's good and functioning well as far as the modules that I see.  The only thing I've not caught up on was mini descriptions and the testimonials part yet.   Was there something in particular that was an issue?  Again this is for 2.3.4, not the BS version.