• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal connection fallen over

westernfirebrand

HI, my last successful paypal standard transaction was on the 27th August, since then all paypal transactions have failed at the point when a customer presses the confirm sale button. They then receive a message from Paypal informing them that there is something wrong with the sellers account. I have contacted Paypal and they tell me there is nothing wrong with my account, also I have sent an invoice to someone and received the payment, so I think that the fault in on my side of the action. I am running 2.3.3 and since that last successful transaction there have been 4 updates to oscommerce, which I have not implemented, could that be the reason for the problem?

Has anybody got any ideas?

Regards, Graham

HI, my last successful paypal standard transaction was on the 27th August, since then all paypal transactions have failed at the point when a customer presses the confirm sale button. They then receive a message from Paypal informing them that there is something wrong with the sellers account. I have contacted Paypal and they tell me there is nothing wrong with my account, also I have sent an invoice to someone and received the payment, so I think that the fault in on my side of the action. I am running 2.3.3 and since that last successful transaction there have been 4 updates to oscommerce, which I have not implemented, could that be the reason for the problem?

Has anybody got any ideas?

Regards, Graham

One is finding out exactly what the message is from Paypal may help sort that out.

Another thing would be to try a checkout yourself when not already logged into PayPal. Every so often after I change something that I think could effect the checkout process I'll run through a trial check out including choosing PayPal as my payment option. If I successfully get to the PayPal payment page then things should be OK that way.

I've found a couple PayPal issues by testing this way and at least you know what's going on.

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

Thanks Altoid,

This is the actual Message that a customer receives, not very helpful.

This invoice has alreaddy been paid. For more information, please contact the merchant.

Your purchase couldn't be completed

There's a problem with the merchant's PayPal Account. Please try again later.

I have also used my wife's paypal account to purchase from my site with the same result. As far as I know I have made no modifycations to the site, it just seems to have fallen over.

I still wonder if the date has any significants, with updates coming out the day after the last successful purchase. I have not updated as my site has been modifyed using Gary's book 'Designing osCommerce 2.3x with 960 gs' and did not know if that would cause problems.

I have re-installed the PayPal Standard module, but that has had no effect on the problem, it is dated 2008, I cannot find anything newer.

As I said I can manually send an invoice and receive payment, so my PayPal account seems to be working. I don't know what to do.

Edited by westernfirebrand

I have had that same issue in the past. It had to do with that for some reason your site had already generated the same invoice ID for another purchase. In my case this occurs because I use the same PayPal account to handle purchases from two sites.

So for example shop one has a sale and the PP sales ID is 360, Then along comes a sale from shop 2 at a later time and has PP sales ID of 360, the second shop sale causes PayPal to toss the error..

I fixed mine through some coding I mined out of the forums some time ago. It's a bit complicated and takes modification of several files as I recall.

But I believe in your PayPal account you can go in and change a setting that will deal with this issue for you, if in fact it's the same cause as my case.

Here's a post that may help you out: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=349770

Good luck.

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

I have had that same issue in the past. It had to do with that for some reason your site had already generated the same invoice ID for another purchase. In my case this occurs because I use the same PayPal account to handle purchases from two sites.

So for example shop one has a sale and the PP sales ID is 360, Then along comes a sale from shop 2 at a later time and has PP sales ID of 360, the second shop sale causes PayPal to toss the error..

I fixed mine through some coding I mined out of the forums some time ago. It's a bit complicated and takes modification of several files as I recall.

But I believe in your PayPal account you can go in and change a setting that will deal with this issue for you, if in fact it's the same cause as my case.

Here's a post that may help you out: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=349770

Good luck.

Thanks again Altoid,

Up and running again. Unfortunatley I had to use the 'unblock multiple payments for same invoice' method as when I looked for ' /includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php' it is not in 2.3.3. This method is better (safer), can you suggest how it could be implemented in 2.3.3. Anyway, thanks again for you help.

Regards, Graham

Thanks again Altoid,

Up and running again. Unfortunatley I had to use the 'unblock multiple payments for same invoice' method as when I looked for ' /includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php' it is not in 2.3.3. This method is better (safer), can you suggest how it could be implemented in 2.3.3. Anyway, thanks again for you help.

Regards, Graham

2.3.3. rearranges some things for sure. If I get a chance I'll try to put my code on GitHub, I have a public account there. Might be a bit though, it's been a while since I tackled this and first I have to sort out exactly what I did. :wacko:

2.3.3. rearranges some things for sure. If I get a chance I'll try to put my code on GitHub, I have a public account there. Might be a bit though, it's been a while since I tackled this and first I have to sort out exactly what I did. :wacko:

Thanks, I'll keep a look out.

Regards, Graham

@@westernfirebrand

referencing my signature... :)

Here's the githup repo that has the modifications. note if you have older versions or altered versions of the files to be modified that changes the game plan.

https://github.com/skleiner/paypal-invoice-paid-fix

i put some instructions in the readme file there

good luck

@@westernfirebrand

referencing my signature... :)

Here's the githup repo that has the modifications. note if you have older versions or altered versions of the files to be modified that changes the game plan.

https://github.com/skleiner/paypal-invoice-paid-fix

i put some instructions in the readme file there

good luck

Many thanks for all your help.

Regards, Graham