• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New to OSCOMMERCE - looking for some help/guidance

One Sixth Scale King

I have no clue regarding web site design and my websites original designer has since gone out of business. I am looking for help on a few minor additions/changes to my site and it is my hope that I might be able to find someone here who could give me some guidance, help, or direction to be able to get these done.

My website is: onesixthscaleking.com

1st - I would like to add the facebook "Like" and "Share" buttons on my website's home page so as to try and take advantage of social media

2nd - I would like to be able to assist my customers. Some visit only a few times a year and eventually they forget their password due to lack of use. I am looking to see if there is a way for me to answer their requests to change/reset their passwords.

Thank you in advance

Robin

This is a very old version of osCommerce, running STS template system. This means that you are slightly limited in what you can do.

There are some modules for 2.3 series osCommerce that could be backported, have a look at the social infobox on any product page on demo.oscommerce.com - there is also a Twitter Card module built into 2.3 as well as some other bits and pieces for social interaction.

For the password reset, this functionality exists for your customers at onesixthscaleking.com/shop/password_forgotten.php

Your site is so very old that I would recommend an upgrade to the latest stable version of osCommerce 2.3.3.3 (at the time of writing this post).

The quickest way to add social media buttons to your site without a full blown upgrade which may take some time before it's ready is to go to addthis.com and add a quick script which they have available for free.

"The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is a knowledge of our own ignorance."

Go to your catalog/includes/languages/english.php and find define('MAIN_TEXT',' '): this is the section to edit. Place the code you got from your facebook page here at the end after the <hr> tag hopefully this helps you.

Also the home link does not work because it is pointing to index.html not index.php like it should.

Always backup your files! You will be glad you did

My add-ons :

SSPP Seperate Shipping Per Product v2.5| Support
Gift vouchers for SPPC 4.22 v2.1 | Support |
Catalog Infobox v1.0 | Sorry no support for Catalog Infobox |
HTML Mail v2.0 | Support |

Upcoming Add ons:

Addon Manager |
Separate Pricing Per Product Qty |
Coupon Populate |
EZ-PDF Catalog

Archived