• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Customer Table Migration to 2.3.3 not logging in...

breakbred101

So I'm migrating from ms2 to 2.3.3. Although I'm familiar with the how to of migrating, I cant seem to log in to my accounts once i migrate the customers table. Harold Ponce De leon proclaimed that the hashing of the passwords is converted on the back end upon logging in, however I cannot log in to any accounts unless i create them on the 2.3.3 version. Does anyone have any idea on what I can do to be sure my customers dont need to create new accounts

That contribution caters to updating a older version of osc to 2.3. What I've done is built a new store off the OSC 2.3.3 framework and now need to import the data from the old stores database into the new stores database. The problem is that when i import the customers tables, the customers are unable to log in. I've read a couple places stating something to do with the hashing algorithm oscommerce executes when logging in. Harold confirms that this should not be an issue, but others have declared it doesnt always work accordingly for whatever reasoning. Any ideas as to why?

@breakbread101 it does work (or at least did for me, I read all the same things you did... and in the end I just trusted the process). I did the exact same as you... here is a brief description of the steps in a previous post of mine when I upgraded (there are many other posts from others more experienced than me as well)... http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/392970-almost-done-my-upgrade-from-22-to-23/

Essentially, I built a new store on 2.3.3 (as you did), I then took a fresh copy of my 2.2ms2 database ran all the sql from the addon. Then I took a dumped of my customer and product tables (anything you want to bring over really, if you want the list I used PM me)from the upgraded database and then imported them into the clean 2.3.3 database I used to build the 2.3.3 store on.

There is probably an easier route than what I described above... however, as a non-coder, this was how I grasped the project; 1) get everything working on 2.3.3, 2) take a fresh copy of the 2.2 live store DB and upgraded using the contribution, 3) dump the tables I wanted to keep from the upgrade into an sql file from phpmyadmin, 4) import this sql (which includes all your customer & product tables) into a fresh copy of your 2.3.3 DB.

I practiced this 5 or 6 times... then on D-day (upgrade day...lol) I was only down for 40 mins... and 35 of that 40 mins was moving files.

That contribution caters to updating a older version of osc to 2.3

Not true BTW, this addon includes ALL the sql scripts to upgrade step by step from 2.2ms2 to 2.3.3 in stages... Example, if you run this block;

############
#RC1 SQL
############
#Increase the sizes of the configuration key and configuration title database fields.
alter table configuration modify configuration_title varchar(255) NOT NULL;
alter table configuration modify configuration_key varchar(255) NOT NULL;

#Add a new configuration parameter to control the maximum quantity number a product can be ordered (default 99).
INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) VALUES ('Product Quantities In Shopping Cart', 'MAX_QTY_IN_CART', '99', 'Maximum number of product quantities that can be added to the shopping cart (0 for no limit)', '3', '19', now());

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS administrators;
CREATE TABLE administrators (
 id int NOT NULL auto_increment,
 user_name varchar(32) binary NOT NULL,
 user_password varchar(40) NOT NULL,
 PRIMARY KEY (id)
);

you get the update from 2.2ms2 to 2.2rc1. The next block, starting with

############
#RC2 SQL
############

will get you from 2.2rc1 to 2.2rc2 etc etc.... You need to run the entire script to update from 2.2ms2 to 2.3.3.x.

I also ran this

2)    INSERT INTO products_images 
SELECT "",p.products_id as products_id, p.products_image as image, pd.products_name,"" 
FROM products as p, products_description as pd 
WHERE pd.products_id=p.products_id

which adds all the descriptions into the new product_images table.

Archived