• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Integrate brick mortar point of sale with existing ecommerce site

lespommettes

I have a brick & mortar retail store that I want to integrate my ecommerce website to. Essentially ring through in-person in-store sales through the website, like a point-of-sale program but that is directly built into and is a part of my website, so all inventory matches.

I need someone to program this through oscom. All client information, sales data, inventory and profitability reports to be included.

The first part should be possible... have an "inStore" account up on the web browser at the checkout, so that a sale can be put in as though it were a web order, with "cash" payment. That would consolidate your inventory control and sales in one place. Unfortunately, it would not have any client information (name and address, etc.). You'd have to capture that in some other way. osCommerce is not really designed to interface with a brick-and-mortar store sales system, nor to easily export sales data to an accounting system. It was architected to be completely standalone. I believe that some people have integrated bits and pieces of what you want, but I haven't heard of a completely integrated system. Maybe someone can chime in here with suggestions.

I have -never- given my details (name, address and so on) to a bricks and mortar shop. I pick up the item I want, I pay, I leave. Do you ask your B&M customers to give their details?

If no, how do you propose to get those details.

How do you propose to add sales data from your B&M into your osc.

Inventory can be made to match easily. The way to do this depends on your needs and how busy your shop is. Do you have amployees, or is it just you. Do you want it automated on the fly so that the online inventory matches stock in the B&M shop, or is it OK to update at the end of the sales day/week/month.

I get the feeling going by the lack of information in your post that you have no pathway mapped out for this. perhaps you need to sit down and work out what you need;

- should osc be the centre point of your setup

- should the B&M be the center point of your setup

- should some other software be the center point of your setup (with osc and the B&M posting data to it)

Once you have that in place, then plans can be made to have whatever it is you think you need.

how about purchase invoices - what should happen when you get a delivery note, and/or when you get an invoice ?

our setup is osFinancials dutch version as POS, stockcontrol and accounting package. osFinancials is known as Turbo-Cash internationally , others have integrated with quickbooks.

products and prices are defined in osCommerce, sales from the web are imported into accounting as orders, and invoiced.

Delivery notes and order reservations are taken into account when updating the stock available to promise ("ATP") on the website, not just the fully processed invoices as there can be quite some time lag between receipt of goods and paper invoice with correct prices.

But burt is correct, you need to think through what you really want or need first of all.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

• 2 months later...

I've been looking for this for a while.

I had Magneticone POS which worked very well, but it doesn't seem compatible with osc2.3.3.4

I would like something centered around my osCommerce store.

I would upgrade from 2.3.3. to .4, but it seems like some things are missed from the upgrade, such as the usu5 addon.

spammy link removed

Isn't it a sin on this forum to link to your business ? o:)

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

Archived