• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problem with V2.3.3.2

ABS0lute

I have just installed the V2.3.3.2 update and got this error:

Catchable fatal error: Object of class mysqli_result could not be converted to string in /includes/functions/database.php on line 46

This happens when the "Store Database Queries" is set to true, when it's set to false the site is working fine.

So for now I have set this setting to false but could one of the developers have a look at it?

My site is heavly modified. I just had to issues to pass along after installing this update.

Addon module: Related products.

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/content/l/a/d/lady3597/html/includes/modules/optional_related_products.php on line 42

Reads: if (mysql_num_rows($attribute_query)>0)

Changed mysql to mysqli

Addon module: Quantity discunts.

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/content/l/a/d/lady3597/html/includes/modules/order_total/ot_quantity_discount.php on line 547

Reads: $this->_check = mysql_num_rows($check_query

Changed mysql to mysqli

Some addon will bleed in next time by php5.4 and need blood transfusion. MySqli problem will be the big bum.

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

Some addon will bleed in next time by php5.4 and need blood transfusion. MySqli problem will be the big bum.

Trouble is that some of the add-ons are (like me) are aged but they're still available. Verifying them as being mysqli compliant would be a big job so should they be culled in some way? How/who would do that?

osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

The best answer is this;

if the addon that is being used does not work, fix it *. Then upload back to the addons area as an updated file (of the original).

* by recoding it to proper standard or by paying/bartering someone more experienced to code it properly

I have changed my files to tep_db and have no problem. I will see if there is a forum for the 2 addons and make not of it.

I'm not a PHP programmer and make no bones tobe. I apprecheate all the help.

Thanks

Dean

I have an error: Catchable fatal error: Object of class mysqli could not be converted to string in /home/xxxxxx/xx/x/xxxxx/html/adminlb/includes/functions/database.php on line 158

I went to clean up my Action Recorder clicked on delete all.

line 158 is : global $$link;

code is: function tep_db_affected_rows($link = 'db_link') {

global $$link;

return mysqli_affected_rows($$link);

}

Now I haven't changed database.php files "mysql" or "mysqli" to "tep_db". I left it alone because it has both. What do you suggest?

Thanks

v2.3.3.3 is comming on monday.

I hope this one is smoother. I have been working on the addons to get them to work with 2.3.3.2 since it came out. Just when I think I have them all fixed another pops up like the above. 2.3.3.2 opened a lot addon problems. I have learned a lot.

This is the fix for the action recorder bug:

https://github.com/osCommerce/oscommerce2/commit/5fea10187ac1265cb918fc8577915292468bbd51

That does not affect any Add-Ons.

If an Add-On does not work with v2.3.3.2 then it won't work with subsequent releases so it's best to find out what the problem is now and get it fixed.

:heart:, osCommerce

I came across another problem today. When I was trying to turn off required by DOB in customer changes and testing it out I received another error. Not sure if this is related to this update but also wonder if you have see it before.

When I went to "my account" and to update info and test out DOB, When I click on "continue" I get: Your E-Mail Address and the Confirmation do not match! You have probably mistyped your e-mail address. No, both emails are the same. I even retyped them both and get the same thing. I then click the back button and go on.

Any ideas on what this is and how to make it go away.

Thanks once again.

Dean

Good catch - that's an actual bug :) (not related to an upgrade release)

Try the following code changes:

https://github.com/haraldpdl/oscommerce2/commit/dba128de6a00f9c75026aa1e6046edcb2e4da37a

and set Administration Tool -> Configuration -> Minimum Values -> Date of Birth to 0.

:heart:, osCommerce

I applied the above bug fix and changed Min Val to 0 and reset the DOB to true. Tried it out by logining in to "myaccout" through the web site and deleted the DOB (made the line blank), and it went through. Worked :)

But I'm still getting the error: error.gif Your E-Mail Address and the Confirmation do not match! You have probably mistyped your e-mail address. The E-Mail addresses are the same. Don't know what is causing it. I can hit the back button and get back to the main page. But this will be confusing for the customer.

I will check in tomorrow to see what you can come up with.

Big thanks for your help.

Archived