• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Alternative Administration System: Categories/Products

gadlol

Hello.

New feature has been added to the new upcoming version of A.A.S. v 0.2.1

You can now see if a product under a certain category is linked with the original product that exists in another category.

This is very useful for those who have many linked products that exist under other categories.

post-284725-0-67470800-1392567769_thumb.png

In the screenshot above, you can see that the product "Speed 2: Cruise Control" is not an original product but a linked one. You can simply press the Unlink button to remove it from this category in our case from "Cartoons".

Anyone who wants to test - debug v 0.2.1 can send me an email or contact me through skype.

Regards,

John

Check out the great Alternative Administration System addon for osCommerce!

hi john

nice feature you build in!

yesterday i thought i try to change the image picture of the standart osC shop item like the dvd "die hard" so i chose to show the images of the products.

then clicking on the image a window pops up where i can choose the image path and a image drag n drop area. so i draged a n image inside chose the path and got the image succesful uploaded message. but when i look at the front end of the store the image is not showing. i checked the folder where the new image should be and it is there. what could be cause of that? did you ever had a case like that?

kind regards

lambros

Edited by Tsimi

hi john

nice feature you build in!

yesterday i thought i try to change the image picture of the standart osC shop item like the dvd "die hard" so i chose to show the images of the products.

then clicking on the image a window pops up where i can choose the image path and a image drag n drop area. so i draged a n image inside chose the path and got the image succesful uploaded message. but when i look at the front end of the store the image is not showing. i checked the folder where the new image should be and it is there. what could be cause of that? did you ever had a case like that?

kind regards

lambros

Hello Lambro... No I did not had a case like that. In my osc installation that feature works fine. Since the image gets stored then probably the sql query fails. Can you please check to see if that product's products_image field (in table: products) in your osc db has changed according to the path you've chosen and the filename?

If not then the sql query has failed.

If yes something else must be happening. Do you use any other addon that handles images such as kissit image thumbnailer?

ok, i tested it again and i know now why the image is not showing. the path to the image is wrong.

e.g. i create a subfolder inside the images folder so the path looks like this images/*subfolder*/ i choose this path, drag n drop the image and the success message shows. then when i look at the property of the image i get images/ges/*subfolder*/test.jpg so this /ges is the reason. the database has the same path entry so the query seems to work good. somewhere during the upload the path gets messed up and this /ges shows up.

ok, i tested it again and i know now why the image is not showing. the path to the image is wrong.

e.g. i create a subfolder inside the images folder so the path looks like this images/*subfolder*/ i choose this path, drag n drop the image and the success message shows. then when i look at the property of the image i get images/ges/*subfolder*/test.jpg so this /ges is the reason. the database has the same path entry so the query seems to work good. somewhere during the upload the path gets messed up and this /ges shows up.

Hi Lambo. I have send you the A.A.S. v0.2.1 pre release beta. Can you please test it and see if that bug still occurs?

thanks for sendind the file. :thumbsup:

the problem is still present and shows the same path again the images/ges/****** this ges is probably the ges from images i guess. so somewhere the path has 1.5 images inside.

thanks for sendind the file. :thumbsup:

the problem is still present and shows the same path again the images/ges/****** this ges is probably the ges from images i guess. so somewhere the path has 1.5 images inside.

Can you please contact me at my skype so we can figure it out? I need to know what are the parameters passed at ext/plugins/core/upload/aas.php via ajax upload...

Problem has been resolved. Thanks to Johns outstanding support we figured it out. It was a mistake, if you can call it that, from my side. I tried it on my local installed shop which uses a windows based server and when we tried it on a linux based server it worked like a charm.

thank you john! and for pointing out the old php version on my linux server.

P.S. updated the AAS version on the linux server. ;)

Edited by Tsimi

Hi

I have AAS 0.2 installed on my new build osc 2.3.3.4 site. This is a great tool and all seems to be working great. I would certainly be happy to beta test 0.21 version.

However, I have a concern about my database size. My site is a new build, so currently I have very few products. it seems in the last few weeks since installing a few other minor add-ons and AAS, that my database size has increased dramatically in a matter of weeks from 957,466 bytes to 34,686,689 bytes

I am no expert in Myphp to ascertain what table is the problem but when I looked at the database I can see many entries in Table: aas_ip2c

Could you tell me if this table could be the cause of my increased database size and how to resolve or how to determine what the problem is. I am currently unable to back up my database in admin due to the large file size but have been able to export a csv file.

Thank you for your help

Hi

I have AAS 0.2 installed on my new build osc 2.3.3.4 site. This is a great tool and all seems to be working great. I would certainly be happy to beta test 0.21 version.

However, I have a concern about my database size. My site is a new build, so currently I have very few products. it seems in the last few weeks since installing a few other minor add-ons and AAS, that my database size has increased dramatically in a matter of weeks from 957,466 bytes to 34,686,689 bytes

I am no expert in Myphp to ascertain what table is the problem but when I looked at the database I can see many entries in Table: aas_ip2c

Could you tell me if this table could be the cause of my increased database size and how to resolve or how to determine what the problem is. I am currently unable to back up my database in admin due to the large file size but have been able to export a csv file.

Thank you for your help

Hello harpek. YES the aas_ip2c is about 17 mbs BUT IS NOT NECESSARY TO INSTALL THAT TABLE.

That table gives you the ability to see from which countries are your online visitors coming to your site. This is needed by Online Users Viewer and only if you set to true the onlineUsers_displayCountriesFrom variable (which is false by default ) in the config.php

You can always backup your db via export method. Although, you have to choose the Custom - display all possible options and then choose a compression method.

Please contact me at my email account, or via skype so I can send you the A.A.S. v0.2.1 pre release beta.

Regards,

John

@@gadlol Had aas up and running a while now (0.2.1 version) and get the following in my error logs:

PHP Warning:  Division by zero in /home/User/public_html/admin_name/ext/aas/plugins/specials/index.php on line 69

Not causing any other issues

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

@@gadlol Had aas up and running a while now (0.2.1 version) and get the following in my error logs:

PHP Warning: Division by zero in /home/User/public_html/admin_name/ext/aas/plugins/specials/index.php on line 69

Not causing any other issues

Hello Heather.

This happens only when you have a product with net price = 0 and you have it as special. So normally this should not happen because it does not make any sense having a special product that its net price is zero.

I fixed that warning... Now if net price is zero and you set special it will not calculate the percentage but it will display 0%.

Regards,

John

Edited by gadlol

@@gadlol Thanks John .... indeed I did find a special with a price of £0.00 although it was inactive.

Deleted it now so all should be good.

Many Thanks

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

• 1 month later...

Hi John, I hope you can help me.

I uploaded your awesome AAS, but there's a huge problem. I'm sure it's something stupid to do with my server on my end, but I have no idea what. When I go to A.A.S. in the admin section, I see the categories, but there are no images on the links and none of the tabbed links work at all!

I wonder if the problem is that I am running the site from http://mydomain.com/ instead of http://mydomain.com/catalog/ ? I looked at your code and I don't think that should be the issue. Maybe it's something that I need to set in the .htaccess file?

I've attached a picture of what it shows on my end: Link

Edited by shana-chan

Now some of the links are working (I think it logged me out and that's why the links weren't functional), but the images for the tabs still aren't working. I'm using the newest stable version of oscommerce.

Hello Shanelle.

Don't know why this happens only to you. What I can quickly think of is that you have uploaded the files with wrong permissions. They should be (644 for files and 755 for folders).

Please find my skype id from my profile in this forum and contact me so we can solve this. I will also send you the latest pre release version 0.2.1

Hello Shanelle.

Don't know why this happens only to you. What I can quickly think of is that you have uploaded the files with wrong permissions. They should be (644 for files and 755 for folders).

Please find my skype id from my profile in this forum and contact me so we can solve this. I will also send you the latest pre release version 0.2.1

Hi John,

Surprisingly, I think I managed to resolve the issue.

In this file on line 12: catalog/admin/ext/aas/plugins/core/ajax/aas.php

chdir('../../../../../');

I just had to remove one set of "../" to make up for redirecting my site from http://mysite.com/catalog to http://mysite.com/, I think. It seems to be working perfectly now. :) Images and links all seem to be working well now.

I have successfully installed this addon and the navigation works, except for the calendar, but I cannot do the editing this promised. My screen shows no images, I have no buttons to allow me to edit a product nor any of the other product editing features.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could look at it and tell me what is wrong.

Edited by L. Haase

I have successfully installed this addon and the navigation works, except for the calendar, but I cannot do the editing this promised. My screen shows no images, I have no buttons to allow me to edit a product nor any of the other product editing features.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could look at it and tell me what is wrong.

Hello L. Haase.

Please contact me through skype: jei_baron or through my email (you can find it in the Contact Me panel in A.A.S.) so I can help you solve the problems.

P.S. Thank you for using A.A.S.

This is an excellent addon once you get it properly installed. The instructions are well written and, if an issue is found and a request for help is posted on this forum, help is quickly on it's way through the contributor. I was very impressed with the speed of the response to my request for help and the patience when the error was my own.

I am looking forward to the next version.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi John @@gadlol

I'm having a small request/issue regarding product image upload. Last time you helped me to figure out why i couldn't upload images (thank you) and i hope you can help me out with the following issue/request too.

When registering products in osC you can upload a "small image" and "large images". If I'm not mistaken your A.A.S only allows drag & drop for the "small image".

Any chance of having a small upgrade so that it is possible to drag & drop small AND large images separately for each product?

I attached an image so you can see how the "vanilla osC" menu looks like.

Edited by Tsimi

Hi John @@gadlol

I'm having a small request/issue regarding product image upload. Last time you helped me to figure out why i couldn't upload images (thank you) and i hope you can help me out with the following issue/request too.

When registering products in osC you can upload a "small image" and "large images". If I'm not mistaken your A.A.S only allows drag & drop for the "small image".

Any chance of having a small upgrade so that it is possible to drag & drop small AND large images separately for each product?

I attached an image so you can see how the "vanilla osC" menu looks like.

Hello Tsimi... Yes I know A.A.S. does not have large Images add/edit feature.

Well, I work hard to make aas version 0.2.1 having that feature and many other. It will be a great update to prior version 0.2.

Since I like things using A.A.S. to be done easily, large image edit/add wouldnt differ. So have a look at the attached image.

post-284725-0-94343000-1398510459_thumb.jpg

You can reorder them, preview the large image and change the image location and of course remove it.

Its still under development.

P.S. in version 0.2.1 you will be able to install modules that enhance A.A.S. functionality.

Some modules created so far (and under testing) are "Add Category", "Add Product", "Customers Manager" and "Payment Report"

You may wonder why use for example the "Add Product" module and not use the default osc, because with that you can additionally add attributes (before even adding the product), clone its data from another product, choose where to store images and other...

Did I mentioned that A.A.S. 0.2.1 will have an embedded ADMIN ACCESS CONTROL?

@@gadlol

That all sounds fantastic! The image thing is really killing me right now but you seem to have the solution I am looking/hoping for.

I also eagerly look forward to the "add products" and "add categories" feature. (w00t)

I don't mean to pressure you but when do you plan to release your new version? Any date available?