• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Alternative Administration System: Categories/Products

gadlol

Drag and drop seems complicated. That would mean an upload system. Whereas a file selector seems a little easier to use.

So it would be the Filename, Expiry Days, Maximum Download Count, Price adjustment, "+/-"

A simple file browser seems easier to implement, and it would show all the files in the downloads folder, rather than a file uploader that would need to be able to rwxrwxr-x the downloads folder without any security exploits.

I understand your release plan, and hope that you don't become overwhelmed to continue such a great piece of code.

You didn't say what would be in 0.3. Does your website have a roadmap?

Drag and drop seems complicated. That would mean an upload system. Whereas a file selector seems a little easier to use.

So it would be the Filename, Expiry Days, Maximum Download Count, Price adjustment, "+/-"

A simple file browser seems easier to implement, and it would show all the files in the downloads folder, rather than a file uploader that would need to be able to rwxrwxr-x the downloads folder without any security exploits.

I understand your release plan, and hope that you don't become overwhelmed to continue such a great piece of code.

You didn't say what would be in 0.3. Does your website have a roadmap?

Sorry for drag and drop, its a bad idea.

The best thing, would be a popup dialog which displays all the files from downloads folder in a list. Then you will be able to select a filename and press a button and apply that to the input field.

I ll add the ability to search in that list via javascript in case its a big list.

I am thinking of something like, when you are trying to change the image in AAS it displays possible folders to upload the product image.

Are the downloadable files only under the folder downloads or they can be under subfolders?

My website does not have a roadmap yet.

I have some things in mind I want to implement and be included in version 0.3, and of course I can build your requests.

For example a user requested product specifications to AAS.

You requested discount coupons.

I'll gather all your requests and implement as many as possible of them.

Edited by gadlol

Check out the great Alternative Administration System addon for osCommerce!

They can also be under subfolders.

There is a popular add-on "Super Downloads 2.3" that allows you to set a group of files as a downloadable instead of having to ZIP all the files into a single *.zip

Therefore, myself included, utilize folders in order to properly manage groups of files that may be used for "filegroup" downloads.

Also, the discount coupons is difficult to implement as well. Unless you piggyback on someone else's discount system to manage, you would have to build and create your own discount coupon system. I don't think that is a good feature at this point and time of your script. It branches out into two separate add-ons. Your script is for management. I would like to strike my discount coupons request in order to allot more time to being able to manage all the fundamentals of vanilla osc. That way, the basics will be taken care of, and no matter what system, A.A.S. can handle the full blown OSC without addons. After that, if you have time, energy, and will, the popular add-ons can be tackled for management.

But to answer the question, YES, you can have subfolders within the downloads folder. There is an .htaccess file in there too, that restricts access. Not sure if this get's in your way.

.htaccess

AuthType Basic
AuthName "No access"
AuthUserFile .htnopasswd
AuthGroupFile /dev/null
Require valid-user

They can also be under subfolders.

There is a popular add-on "Super Downloads 2.3" that allows you to set a group of files as a downloadable instead of having to ZIP all the files into a single *.zip

Therefore, myself included, utilize folders in order to properly manage groups of files that may be used for "filegroup" downloads.

Also, the discount coupons is difficult to implement as well. Unless you piggyback on someone else's discount system to manage, you would have to build and create your own discount coupon system. I don't think that is a good feature at this point and time of your script. It branches out into two separate add-ons. Your script is for management. I would like to strike my discount coupons request in order to allot more time to being able to manage all the fundamentals of vanilla osc. That way, the basics will be taken care of, and no matter what system, A.A.S. can handle the full blown OSC without addons. After that, if you have time, energy, and will, the popular add-ons can be tackled for management.

But to answer the question, YES, you can have subfolders within the downloads folder. There is an .htaccess file in there too, that restricts access. Not sure if this get's in your way.

.htaccess

AuthType Basic
AuthName "No access"
AuthUserFile .htnopasswd
AuthGroupFile /dev/null
Require valid-user

My main goal is to make AAS in such a way that it accepts addons-plugins. Thats why you can see the plugins folder under ext/aas/

Hopefully it will be fully build that way in 0.3 version. After that it will be easy to add new plugins such as a discount coupon mechanism.

I ll have a look at Super Downloads 2.3...

Thank you.

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7783

I'm not really sure how many people use it, but if you need to bundle multiple products together in a single product, then this is the only thing available for virtual products.

Let me know if you plan to implement something yourself, I will hold off the installation of Super Downloads 2.3

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7783

I'm not really sure how many people use it, but if you need to bundle multiple products together in a single product, then this is the only thing available for virtual products.

Let me know if you plan to implement something yourself, I will hold off the installation of Super Downloads 2.3

Install Super Downloads 2.3 and when I find the time i will see what i can do about bundling multiple products in a single product.

Wow, you are good.

!!CRAP!!

That is exactly what I was looking for. Are you able to select zip files, or does it matter. I know sometimes you can only select certain types of files with some file selectors. This may be good for people selling *.php files. But for me, this is all I need. AWESOME.

Does it allow you to go UP a directory or back to parent or something?

Wow, you are good.

!!CRAP!!

That is exactly what I was looking for. Are you able to select zip files, or does it matter. I know sometimes you can only select certain types of files with some file selectors. This may be good for people selling *.php files. But for me, this is all I need. AWESOME.

Does it allow you to go UP a directory or back to parent or something?

It displays all files no matter the extension.

It displays all files under downloads folder and under it's subfolders.

When a subfolder occurs then a small margin left is applied so you can understand that its a subfolder, although you can see the path.

When you type something in the search box then the list gets narrowed down to those found filenames.

So you may have:

1500 mp3 files (in download/mp3)

3200 posters files (in download/posters)

500 pdf files (in download/pdf)

You dont have to search for the file name by scrolling down. You can easily do it by writing in the search box.

If you type the word posters then it displays only the 3200 posters and hides all other. If you keep typing: posters/john it will show only the files or subfolders that their name begins with the letters "john" under the posters folder or of course you can directly type the filename and it will come up.

I think that way is far quickier than going up a directory or back to parent.

New feature request:

I go through and set all the columns I would like, but upon restart, all the columns are reset. I would prefer the change to stay across all users. Something like a default, and not user based, but that's just me. Either way, is there a way to change the default display based on previous setting or a configuration page for standard default settings?

Also, if I place the AAS directory as my admin directory in ./includes/configuration.php, will it load AAS as the initial admin screen?

A request for down the road:

CCGV integration. This would allow your system to view, adjust, and manage the credit balance of customers. This is the only add-on that supports Customer Credits, therefore, it is likely the only add-on that people will use.

This request is not really important, similar to Super Downloads 2.3. Just trying to add to the list to make it extensive.

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8002/v,23

New feature request:

I go through and set all the columns I would like, but upon restart, all the columns are reset. I would prefer the change to stay across all users. Something like a default, and not user based, but that's just me. Either way, is there a way to change the default display based on previous setting or a configuration page for standard default settings?

Also, if I place the AAS directory as my admin directory in ./includes/configuration.php, will it load AAS as the initial admin screen?

Hello.

No it will not load the AAS as the initial admin screen. Because its not build that way, although can be done, perhaps in another version.

You can make the columns to stay always across all users. You just have to edit ext/aas/config.php. In line 165 you'll find all the fields. There you can change the default settings for each column - field.

/*
WHERE THE MAGIC BEGINS
You can add more rows if are present on products table

'products_image'=>array('visible'=>false,'sortable'=>false,'cellEditable'=>false,'theadText'=>AAS_HEADING_PRODUCTS_IMAGE),

{visible}: set true to display always
{lockVisibility}: when true user cannot change status visibility set by {visible} (Visibility status can be changed on the fly by the right hidden Panel)
{sortable}: makes the table column sortable {apply only to alphanumeric values such as Price , weight. On image does not work }
{cellEditable}: means that when you click on a table cell it adds an input so you can change the value, just like the price and weight.
{exportable}: whether the field will be exported to csv, json e.t.c.
{theadText}: its the table field name (translations are located inside languages folder in tbl.php)

Tips:

Set {visible}:true and {lockVisibility}:true to always display field (user cannot hide the field)
Set {visible}:false and {lockVisibility}:true to always not display field (user cannot display the field)
Set {visible}:false and {lockVisibility}:false to let user decide if want to display the field, which is not visible by default
Set {visible}:true and {lockVisibility}:false to let user decide if want to display the field, which is visible by default
*/

I ll answer you other questions soon...

Edited by gadlol

How hard is it to integrate Header Tags SEO RELOADED. Seems like the most solid SEO addon.

As I can see Header Tags SEO RELOADED needs some sql changes...

It adds some new fields: i.e.:

ALTER TABLE `products_description`
ADD `products_seo_title` VARCHAR( 128 ) NULL,
ADD `products_seo_description` TEXT NULL,
ADD `products_seo_keywords` VARCHAR( 128 ) NULL,
ADD `products_mini_description` TEXT NULL;

Si I imagine a new config variable $defaults['enableHeaderTagsSeoReloaded']=false;

Then if you change to true in the config.php file the:

products_seo_title

products_seo_description

products_seo_keywords

products_mini_description

must be added to the right "fields" panel so when you enable them you ll be able to edit those fields. Can be easily done for products_seo_title but fro descriptions needs tweaking in order to use the editors (ckeditor or tinymce)

Its not possible, can be done.

To answer to your other questions-requests:

CCGV integration :: probably at 0.3v

Super Downloads 2.3 :: probably at 0.3v

Edit the contents of the Terms and Conditions. :: Is there a way now to edit the contents via default admin panel?

Banner Manager within AAS. (This is probably most important as it is a standard feature of OSC) :: Can be done yes...

Expected Products Management. :: I can build a new popup panel just like the specials manager. With the ability to be able to change directly the date so you don have to go to the products edit page.

Integrated Order Editor (Not as important as the banner manager) :: I will be an order manager inside AAS. So you can do the same things as the orders.php but with ajax quickly e.t.c.

NOTE:

As AAS goes bigger i do not think its good idea to bundle all different things into the main aas.php. So I think, for example: the orders manager to be in a separated file aas-orders.php

This has some drawbacks:

First you need to add a new file at catalog/admin/ the aas-orders.php

Secondly you have to add a new exception in the application_top.php

if ($redirect == true) {
if($current_page==FILENAME_AAS) $sessionTimeout=true;
else tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, (isset($redirect_origin['auth_user']) ? 'action=process' : '')));
}

later willl be

if ($redirect == true) {
if($current_page==FILENAME_AAS || $current_page==FILENAME_AAS_ORDERS) $sessionTimeout=true;
else tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, (isset($redirect_origin['auth_user']) ? 'action=process' : '')));
}

Please, tell me your thoughts....

Beautiful ROADMAP.

In terms of expansion, I do not have a preference towards editing or not editing some files. It's osCommerce, and if you want a super functional store with OSC, it has always been known you have to get dirty with some code.

In terms of releases, if this makes releases easier, I would say keep "bundled items" separate. One: It will give people the choice whether they would like to include. Two: I believe it will help with debug certain additions separate from debugging the whole codebase. I am not a programmer, so I can't speak on these things from experience.

I would also venture to say whether or not an order editor should be done. Your add-on deals with product management moreso than store management. If this is the route that you are going, then it's great. But if your original plan was to build on product management, then an order editor or customer details editor or editing terms and conditions, should probably NOT be included. This just means better and more feature rich integration for product management.

It seems your addon was originally focused around managing products and their appearance. I'm cool with that, and there are other add-ons to handle the other store functions.

First you need to add a new file at catalog/admin/ the aas-orders.php

Secondly you have to add a new exception in the application_top.php

If you decide to include other features in this way, this is not a deal breaker. This requirement is a good route to take.

Too bad Header Tags SEO RELOADED is not possible. I will look into the things needed and try my hand at something. I'm not expecting to complete an actual addition, but hopefully something that helps enough to make it possible.

Beautiful ROADMAP.

In terms of expansion, I do not have a preference towards editing or not editing some files. It's osCommerce, and if you want a super functional store with OSC, it has always been known you have to get dirty with some code.

In terms of releases, if this makes releases easier, I would say keep "bundled items" separate. One: It will give people the choice whether they would like to include. Two: I believe it will help with debug certain additions separate from debugging the whole codebase. I am not a programmer, so I can't speak on these things from experience.

I would also venture to say whether or not an order editor should be done. Your add-on deals with product management moreso than store management. If this is the route that you are going, then it's great. But if your original plan was to build on product management, then an order editor or customer details editor or editing terms and conditions, should probably NOT be included. This just means better and more feature rich integration for product management.

It seems your addon was originally focused around managing products and their appearance. I'm cool with that, and there are other add-ons to handle the other store functions.

If you decide to include other features in this way, this is not a deal breaker. This requirement is a good route to take.

Too bad Header Tags SEO RELOADED is not possible. I will look into the things needed and try my hand at something. I'm not expecting to complete an actual addition, but hopefully something that helps enough to make it possible.

Thank you.

About the Header Tags SEO RELOADED I wanted to write Its not impossible or better its possible and can be done.

Lol i did not notice that mistake...

As written above:

So I imagine a new config variable $defaults['enableHeaderTagsSeoReloaded']=false;

Then if you change to true in the config.php file the:

products_seo_title

products_seo_description

products_seo_keywords

products_mini_description

must be added to the right "fields" panel so when you enable them you ll be able to edit those fields. Can be easily done for products_seo_title but fro descriptions needs tweaking in order to use the editors (ckeditor or tinymce)

So it will be done. :)

You see, the problem with the extra addons is that since they are not included in the osc I have to download and test them.

That consumes time. If only they (most wanted) where included...

Imagine a day where the whole admin panel will have been recoded to AAS style. Wow I cannot imagine how much work it needs for that.

New feature, which I think is very useful.

I did not like the way you navigate in categories and of course with 0.2v you cannot easily understand, what category you are located in.

So have a look at the attached image bellow:

post-284725-0-43841300-1386343891_thumb.jpg

As you can see:

There is a top breadcrumb. You can click on a Category name and go directly to that category.

By clicking on >> , a tooltip appears containing all the top level subcategories of the category where the >> is associated with.

Of course you can navigate to any of those subcategories by clicking on their name.

In the tooltip you see that category "Action" is in red color thats because we are currently located in the "Action" category.

At the end of the breadcrumb you can see >>, thats because there is a subcategory Action2. If there was not a subcategory then the last >> will not appear.

If you have any suggestions please tell me.

Message to osc forum admin: I need my attachments file size space bigger because right now I delete older attachments in order to upload new ones and dont want that. Thank you.

Good one. I didn't think about any features to improve the interface.

All of the clocks are in 24 hour format.

AJAX fails on Who's Online

Subcategory Images are not being displayed

Yes, all the clocks are in 24 hour format.

Can you please contact me through skype so we can figure out about "Who's Online" ajax fail error?

"Subcategory Images are not being displayed".

Where exactly?

Note AAS for the moment can handle only the main image. Not extra images...

In a couple of days I will upload the A.A.S. version 0.2.1.

New things:

Downloadable content management for attributes (its an amazing feature that will be used from those who use virtual products)

It is only enabled when you change to true the enable download config variable from the configuration panel / Download

post-284725-0-61502400-1386099345_thumb.jpg

Categories Breadcrumb: a quick way to navigate through categories. Once you use it, you'll use it forever.

post-284725-0-43841300-1386343891_thumb.jpg

Improvements:

Several Bug fixes causing php warnings and notices appear when you have set error reporting in php to show all

Improved code (less queries, faster code, more processing dialogs)

Fixed - added translations.

You can now disable the "donations" and "contact me" panels, those are good news for developers who want to install AAS to their clients.

Colorized the background of each category row with a soft yellow color so you can distinguish it from products' rows.

By copying attributes, their attributes downloads are now also copied, if any..

By coping products, their attributes downloads are now also copied, if any.

By deleting attributes, their attributes downloads are now deleted, if any

Those who have already installed the version 0.2 they will only have to to replace the catalog/admin/aas.php and the folder catalog/admin/ext/aas .

Those who have made some custom changes, they must reapply them or contact me to do it together if need help.

MESSAGE TO OSC TEAM:

You have forgotten to implement the products attributes download deletion when you delete a product.

Look at the catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php in line 957 function tep_remove_product($product_id) there is not a query to delete from TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_DOWNLOAD

But in the catalog/admin/products_attributes.php you have a code that deletes from TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_DOWNLOAD in line 146

Good one. I didn't think about any features to improve the interface.

All of the clocks are in 24 hour format.

AJAX fails on Who's Online

Subcategory Images are not being displayed

This is caused when KISS Error Debugger is enabled for the Admin Side