• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Alternative Administration System: Categories/Products

gadlol

The ability to copy attributes from a product to selected products or to all products of a category (thats tough) requested by Jabbathe22 would be awesome! I just installed your addon and like it better than the AJAX Attribute Manager although AJAX does allow defining sets of attributes that can be copied to other products.

I need to figure out how to add options_values_weight to show up in the attributes. I have mods that add this to the weight just like the options_values_price so it would be nice to add that. I thought I saw some mention that there were instructions on how to add attributes but I could not find them (unless it was something planned for the future).

The ability to copy attributes from a product to selected products or to all products of a category (thats tough) requested by Jabbathe22 would be awesome! I just installed your addon and like it better than the AJAX Attribute Manager although AJAX does allow defining sets of attributes that can be copied to other products.

I need to figure out how to add options_values_weight to show up in the attributes. I have mods that add this to the weight just like the options_values_price so it would be nice to add that. I thought I saw some mention that there were instructions on how to add attributes but I could not find them (unless it was something planned for the future).

Hello Dave.

Yes i have already implemented the ability to copy attributes from a product to selected products and to all products under a category.

Well, this feature is awesome i know, but i wanted it to be more awesome, so you will be able to enter any product in a temp products list and then copy attributes from a product to that temp products list. That means that you can "save" products from different categories to that list and then apply the attributes.

You will also be able to copy, move, link products from selected products to a category.

In general the new things are:

Temp Products List (in where you can enter products from different categories). You can export those products! Edit attributes and description and view data of that products

Copy attributes from a product to selected products or to selected products that are in the temp products list or to all products under a category.

There are 3 options to perform that copy:

1: delete existing attributes before applying the new ones,

2: allow duplicate values

3: disallow duplicate values

Delete attributes from selected products or from selected products that are in the temp products list or from a category.

(Performing actions in categories it is recursive, which means that if you select lets say the TOP category then all the attributes will be deleted or copied to all the products)

Copy, move, link multiple products from selected products to other categories.

New and easy way to edit product's description. Product previews are enabled by default.

Now you can edit description in many possible languages. Without changing the default language.

And all that actions are performed easily via ajax as always.

I have improved - cleaned code and fixed some bugs.

In a couple of days I will upload the new version.

My addon does not yet has the possibility to add option values, option values price e.t.c.

That will be in the new addon I am planning, the Alternative Administration System: Attributes Manager

Edited by gadlol

Check out the great Alternative Administration System addon for osCommerce!

Hello Fyod.

Can you please send me a sentence with special chars that you want to submit? Just to test it and fixed it...

Thank you.

Thanks for your reply John.

Try "háčky čárky řepa".

Truth is, I'm adding this to oscmax 2.5 where the database is set to utf8_czech_ci, also I've checked that all pages are UTF-8 and of course the charset is set to UTF-8. I found somewhere that the code is 'javascript escape characters' and can be decoded, but its not too handy.

function js_decode($string){
$trans=array(
"\u0160" => "Š",
"\u017d" => "Ž",
"\u0161" => "š",
"\u017e" => "ž",
"\u00c1" => "Á",
"\u00c9" => "É",
"\u00da" => "Ú",
"\u00dd" => "Ý",
"\u00e1" => "á",
"\u00e4" => "ä",
"\u00e9" => "é",
"\u00ed" => "í",
"\u00fa" => "ú",
"\u00fd" => "ý",
"\u010c" => "Č",
"\u010d" => "č",
"\u010e" => "Ď",
"\u010f" => "ď",
"\u011a" => "Ě",
"\u011b" => "ě",
"\u013e" => "ľ",
"\u0147" => "Ň",
"\u0148" => "ň",
"\u0158" => "Ř",
"\u0159" => "ř",
"\u0164" => "Ť",
"\u0165" => "ť",
"\u016e" => "Ů",
"\u016f" => "ů",
"\u017d" => "Ž",
"\u017e" => "ž",
"\\" =>'');
return strtr($string , $trans);
}

Also I would like to ask about the fields in your contribution. Is it possible to add extras? Oscmax had product fields like 'products_short' and I will have my own 'product_youtube' field.

Thanks!

The new stuff sounds good John!

A site I just updated http://www.notjustfudge.com/catalog/ is one that would benefit from copying attributes and their values for each product.

The drop down selections on each product (fudge flavor) allows you to choose the attribute (how many pounds of fudge you want to order).

This is an example where it would be nice (for price and weight) to copy both option attributes and values (i.e. - options_values_price and options_values_weight) each time you add a new product (flavor of fudge, in this case).

Thanks for your reply John.

Try "háčky čárky řepa".

Truth is, I'm adding this to oscmax 2.5 where the database is set to utf8_czech_ci, also I've checked that all pages are UTF-8 and of course the charset is set to UTF-8. I found somewhere that the code is 'javascript escape characters' and can be decoded, but its not too handy.

function js_decode($string){
$trans=array(
"\u0160" => "Š",
"\u017d" => "Ž",
"\u0161" => "š",
"\u017e" => "ž",
"\u00c1" => "Á",
"\u00c9" => "É",
"\u00da" => "Ú",
"\u00dd" => "Ý",
"\u00e1" => "á",
"\u00e4" => "ä",
"\u00e9" => "é",
"\u00ed" => "í",
"\u00fa" => "ú",
"\u00fd" => "ý",
"\u010c" => "Č",
"\u010d" => "č",
"\u010e" => "Ď",
"\u010f" => "ď",
"\u011a" => "Ě",
"\u011b" => "ě",
"\u013e" => "ľ",
"\u0147" => "Ň",
"\u0148" => "ň",
"\u0158" => "Ř",
"\u0159" => "ř",
"\u0164" => "Ť",
"\u0165" => "ť",
"\u016e" => "Ů",
"\u016f" => "ů",
"\u017d" => "Ž",
"\u017e" => "ž",
"\\" =>'');
return strtr($string , $trans);
}

Also I would like to ask about the fields in your contribution. Is it possible to add extras? Oscmax had product fields like 'products_short' and I will have my own 'product_youtube' field.

Thanks!

Hi Fyod.. The háčky čárky řepa" submitted correctly, i did not have any problems with encoding. Maybe it has something to do with the your database being set to utf8_czech_ci, i will check it in a fresh instal of oscmax with utf8_czech_ci and i tell you..

As for your last question " Is it possible to add extras? Oscmax had product fields like 'products_short' and I will have my own 'product_youtube' field." the answer is ABSOLUTELY YES and again YES.

That's the power of AAS. Well it does not recognize by itself the extra fields, so you have to edit the config.php file and add those fields in the associative array. You will find instructions in the config.php file.

If the field is simple, which means you just want to click and edit lets say the product_youtube then you just enter the apporpriate product_youtube data in the associative array.

If the field is special (not usally) like a drop down menu then you have to edit the tbl.php and the tbl_ajax.php which stores the values to db.

Your question generated me an idea to auto recognize the extra fields on products table and enabled them by default. That would be awesomely easy for non developers.

In previous post i mentioned the new things that are on the way. Such as copy,move,link products, copy or delete products attributes e.t.c.

Well, here are two new things not mentioned before:

A ) embedded Attributes Manager. Now you can forget the default oscommerce Attributes page and use the new AAS: Attributes Manager (which is for now embedded in AAS: Categories/Products)

Why use it? Because you can easily and quickly add, delete,edit options names and values via ajax.

I have also implemented something thats missing from default products attributes page. Thats the feature to delete attributes values and names that are already assigned to products. By default osc does not allow you to delete, providing a message that is not safe to delete if any attribute is assigned to product or products. (I do not know if that feature will be useful for someone)

B ) import method. You can edit a csv or txt file (that has already been exported via export method) with your favorite editor and then upload it easily via drag & drop. After drag & drop you can preview the changes and then apply if wanted.

Have a look at the attached screenshots:

post-284725-0-17684800-1379682503_thumb.jpg post-284725-0-66687600-1379682845_thumb.jpg

On the first image you can see Attributes Manager. I edit an option value.

On the second one you can see on the left side a small panel in where you can save products from different categories in a temp list. And yes you can export those products, edit them with excel for example and use the import method to apply changes.

On the third one, you can see on the bottom of the page a new panel. Including the way to move, copy, link products and copy or delete attributes

That's awesome. You have some great ideas, John.

This contrib can totally substitute for EasyPopulate, which I never got used to because its so complicated.

I got the short description showing just fine, really easy to set up.

I'm also wondering if it is possible to have Gross price editable instead of Net price, because I have to calculate net price first to get correct gross (gross price is more important for us).

Edited by Fyod

I now realize that price including tax isn't a database entry and the Gross price effects the Net price in the regular product edit page, but only net is posted to the database. It would be great to add that feature into AAC.

I now realize that price including tax isn't a database entry and the Gross price effects the Net price in the regular product edit page, but only net is posted to the database. It would be great to add that feature into AAC.

Yes the price including tax is not a database entry. Right now you can only edit the net price. Since you requested it, i will make it possible to change the gross price.

I have a question: Net price is the original without taxes and gross the final with taxes. Am I right?

@@gadlol Is this addon fully compatible with osc 2.3.3.3? When I click the link in admin the tbl.php page is just blank white..

Hi TheAqurian, yes it is fully compatible with osc 2.3.3.3.

May you have done something wrong with the installation.

If you need help, find my skype id on my profile and contact me.

Thank you.

Edited by gadlol

Please have a look at the two attached images.

post-284725-0-13430300-1380026909_thumb.png

Thanks to highcharts.com and my coding passion i have created an online users viewer. I included in AAS although it can stand as a separate addon.

In second screenshot you can also see from which countries are the online users, by using the ip and ip2country.

Do you want that feature to be included in the new upcoming version 0.2 ?

And a general question: Would you ever pay for such an addon (Alternative Administration System) ?

New awesome feature (for the upcoming version 0.2) that does not exist in default admin panel:

Edit multiple products data at once.

You press a button and all shown fields that are editable become ready for your input.

Imagine having an excel sheet where you can edit every cell. Something like that.

Have a look at the screenshot bellow:

post-284725-0-47175300-1380145049_thumb.png

Waiting for your comments.

That looks great. I'm assume attritbutes are not going to be edited across multiple products based on earlier comments about copy and delete attributes and their values.

With 0.2 version you ll have the ability, among others to:

Copy attributes from a product to another product

Copy attributes from a product to other selected products

Copy attributes from a product to all products in a category (recursively or not)

Delete attributes from selected products

Delete attributes from products in a category (recursively or not)

Editing attributes can be done manually per product. (Maybe I'll find a nice way to mass edit attributes)

Hello...

Sorry for the delay of the version 0.2, but I'm very busy trying to make a living. I develop AAS on my free time which is not enough...

Anyway I will upload the new version later today or tomorrow and I hope some of you who will like and use it , to make a donation.

Thank you.

Hello.

New version will be delayed a couple of days because I have implemented two new awesome features and I want to fully test them:

Worldwide Clocks: you can see the current time at any city you like. You can setup as many as you want. This is helpful when you want to contact a customer, and you want to know the time in his city.

Calendar: a full calendar where you can save, edit, delete events. Events can be set up daily, weekly, monthly or hourly. For example: you may need to contact a customer at 11:30 tomorrow morning.

Please check the screenshots:

post-284725-0-68952700-1381336410_thumb.png post-284725-0-57225100-1381336427_thumb.png

Edited by gadlol

I just wanted to say that this sort of addon - with all its features, user friendly interface, and continuing development - is really a home run, and we need to see more addons like this! I highly encourage everyone who downloads this addon to make a donation to this developer so we can keep great features like this coming into our shops. Doing stuff right like this takes a lot of work!

Hi John,

Thanks for spending the time to create such a useful add on.

I am trialling it on a test website. I had no problems installing it on osc2.3.3.4

I found I needed to make the following minor alterations:

Change 1

The ax icon was missing due to missing .png in

tbl.php

Line 469

-<div id="discountbutton" class="koumpakia" data-title="<?php echo TBL_BUTTON_TOOLTIP_DISCOUNT; ?>" style="display:none;" ><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_ADMIN . 'ext/tbl/images/glyphicons_313_ax','' ); ?></div>

Change to

-<div id="discountbutton" class="koumpakia" data-title="<?php echo TBL_BUTTON_TOOLTIP_DISCOUNT; ?>" style="display:none;" ><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_ADMIN . 'ext/tbl/images/glyphicons_313_ax.png','' ); ?></div>

Change 2

In the installation PDF

STEP 6 (OPTIONAL):

Insert a link to the left column.

From catalog/admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php find

array(

'code' => FILENAME_CATEGORIES,

'title' => BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS,

'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES)

),

and add below

array(

'code' => FILENAME_TABLEDATA,

'title' => TBL_LINK_TITLE,

'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_TABLEDATA)

Change to

and add below

array(

'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_TBL)

Finally, in the discount edit product prices drop down menu would it be to include an “= “ for pricing selected items at the same price

We think this can make our admin tasks so much easier.

Thanks again for a great app.

Regards

Tom

Hi John,

Thanks for spending the time to create such a useful add on.

I am trialling it on a test website. I had no problems installing it on osc2.3.3.4

I found I needed to make the following minor alterations:

Change 1

The ax icon was missing due to missing .png in

tbl.php

Line 469

-<div id="discountbutton" class="koumpakia" data-title="<?php echo TBL_BUTTON_TOOLTIP_DISCOUNT; ?>" style="display:none;" ><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_ADMIN . 'ext/tbl/images/glyphicons_313_ax','' ); ?></div>

Change to

-<div id="discountbutton" class="koumpakia" data-title="<?php echo TBL_BUTTON_TOOLTIP_DISCOUNT; ?>" style="display:none;" ><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_ADMIN . 'ext/tbl/images/glyphicons_313_ax.png','' ); ?></div>

Change 2

In the installation PDF

STEP 6 (OPTIONAL):

Insert a link to the left column.

From catalog/admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php find

array(

'code' => FILENAME_CATEGORIES,

'title' => BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS,

'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES)

),

and add below

array(

'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_TABLEDATA)

Change to

and add below

array(

'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_TBL)

Finally, in the discount edit product prices drop down menu would it be to include an “= “ for pricing selected items at the same price

We think this can make our admin tasks so much easier.

Thanks again for a great app.

Regards

Tom

Hello Tom.

Thank you a lot!

I have implemented the "=" for multiple prices edit as you request it.

Fixed the ax missing .png. (thank you for noticing that)

As for "Insert a link to the left column." you are right, although in the new upcoming version this is changed!

Please stay tuned as the new version is on the way including your request and bug fixes.

LATEST NEWS ABOUT THE AAS:

The Alternative Administration System: Categories/Products is renamed to Alternative Administration System.

Almost all the features of version 0.1 have been improved.

Product's editing description method has been changed dramatically. Now you can edit in other languages easily by clicking on the languages flag icon (for example: imagine editing a product in 4 languages, you make the changes in the text for every language and then you press a button to preview the changes and then another button to submit all the changes).

Gross price is also editable as requested.

The discount edit product prices drop down menu now includes the "=" for pricing selected products at the same price as requested

New things:

1. ajax Temp list where you can "save" products from different categories so you can use other functionalities to them such as copy attributes

2. ajax Copy, Move or Link products

3. ajax copy or delete attributes from a product to selected products or to products the are under a category and/or subcategories

4. ajax product's changes file import (export products data in a file and edit them using your favorite editor then upload and apply changes)

5. ajax Attributes Manager.

6. ajax Online Users Viewer (via charts => highCharts), + online users per country.

7. ajax Calendar, keeping - adding events, notes

8. ajax Worldwide Clocks

9. ajax Specials Manager, yes you read it right. Now you can easily edit-add specials products!

10. ajax All Edit method. You can edit all values easily without clicking in every cell.

The whole code has been "dramatically" improved.

I am coding AAS in such a way so you can easily install it, making as less as possible changes in the osc core files.

Please wait a few more days for the next release!

Note: I dont own a website running oscommerce cms, so I dont know exactly what your needs are.

So if you need something special to develop and to be included in the AAS reply here.

Hi John

Thank you for this fantastic Add-On!

I installed it local for testing and i'm getting following message if i activate the Field Tax Class/Rate from the menu on the right side.

Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in C:\Users\my name\Music\xampp\htdocs\testshop\admin\tbl.php on line 189

and no Tax Class/Rate is showing in the drop-down menu. did i install something wrong? Or is this a known bug that will be fixed with the coming update 0.2?

...I'm also wondering if it is possible to have Gross price editable instead of Net price' date=' because I have to calculate net price first to get correct gross (gross price is more important for us).

[/quote']

Yes the price including tax is not a database entry. Right now you can only edit the net price. Since you requested it' date=' i will make it possible to change the gross price.

[/quote']

will this be added also in the 0.2 version?

Thanks again and greetings from far east.

Lambros