• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Alternative Administration System: Categories/Products

gadlol

Alternative Administration System: Categories/Products. is an alternative way to navigate through categories to easily find and EDIT products. It has its own ui totally different from the default admin one. You simply navigate to a php page and voila!!!

Note: Alternative Administration System: Categories/Products is child of Alternative Administrator Categories/Products Page Addon (jQuery, ajax edit)

Some features:

• Add extra custom fields easily
    • All fields custom or not, can be editable or not, visible by default or not , sortable or not e.t.c.
    • You can also add fields from other mysql tables other than products

• Deletion of multiple products
  • Multiple prices edit
  • Right side panel (sortable fields, choose what fields to display and sort - reorder them)
  • Bottom panel (contains: categories list, languages, display in stock or not)
  • Top Search panel (hidden by default, opens when you click on search icon)
  • Server side pagination (includes max products per page)
  • Advanced search (search on specific field, developers can add their own custom fields)
  • Order products by different fields - custom fields
  • Print categories and/or products (only the categories - products table, everything else is not displayed )
  • Multiple product status change
  • Export products into csv, json, text or excel file

I will post the addon at the addons page shortly

Have a look at the screenshots:

post-284725-0-19439100-1377961109_thumb.jpg post-284725-0-02986600-1377961138_thumb.jpg

Youtube demo:

Check out the great Alternative Administration System addon for osCommerce!

Unfortunately i cannot upload the addon because when i try to upload it always says Error: All fields required

I have entered all the required data but....

Maybe there's a problem with the addons page. Can someone confirm that?

The new addons being uploaded every day would indicate that there's no problem with the uploads page. Check that you have all three fields filled, or try another browser.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

You can find the addon here: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8895

Hope you like it.

If you have any requests or find any bug or whatever please reply to this post...

Thank you.

Edited by gadlol

Hello Sir

This is a great Add-ons. Great Job.

I installed in my test server to test it out and I noticed that "Product Sort order Filed" is missing.

Do I need to install product sort order/

Please advise.

Hello Sir

This is a great Add-ons. Great Job.

I installed in my test server to test it out and I noticed that "Product Sort order Filed" is missing.

Do I need to install product sort order/

Please advise.

Hello razgre.

Yes Product Sort order Field is missing.

If you want to enable it you must apply this addon first: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8311 and then uncomment the line 156 in the config.php

Thank you.

Note: Product Sort order is not necessary for my addon to work, but I think if someone uses product sort order then my addon should help him order products easily...

Edited by gadlol

Hi John,

That is a great Addon.

But I have to following problem base on catalog/admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php. Pls advise.

array(

'code' => FILENAME_TABLEDATA,

'title' => TBL_LINK_TITLE,

'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_TABLEDATA)

},

When I finished installed, the Admin page show the link title as 'TBL_LINK_TITLE' seems it was undefine, and original file was define the 'TBL_LINK_TITLE' on catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/tbl.php. But when I add a new link to catalog/admin/includes/languages/english.php.

This Title 'Alternative Administration System' in Admin page will reappear.

Also the FILENAME_TABLEDATA also undefine, the original being define in filename.php were

define('FILENAME_TBL', 'tbl.php');

define(FILENAME_TBL_AJAX','tbl_ajax.php');

define(FILENAME_TBL_ACTIONS','tbl_actions.php');

but there is no FILENAME_TABEDATA, I guess the link in Alternative Administration System should access the tbl.php. so i change to the following.

array(

'code' => FILENAME_TBL,

'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_TBL)

},

And the 'Alternative Administration System' in Admin panel will redirect to the page you show us on youtube.

Please correct me If I'm wrong.

Veego

Hi John,

I was getting a warning when i browse to a categories page which shows a list of categories contain subcategories.

But this warning won't show up on the TOP page.

WARNING: Division by zero in C:\xampp\htdocs\admin\ext\tbl\classes\pagination.php on line 73

WARNING: Division by zero in C:\xampp\htdocs\admin\ext\tbl\classes\pagination.php on line 73

Alway come with double warning.

Thanks.

Veego

Edited by veego

Hi John,

I was getting a warning when i browse to a categories page which shows a list of categories contain subcategories.

But this warning won't show up on the TOP page.

Alway come with double warning.

Thanks.

Veego

The warning will shown up in condition, which is when I set the Max products = ALL.

Veego

Edited by veego

Hi John,

That is a great Addon.

But I have to following problem base on catalog/admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php. Pls advise.

array(

'code' => FILENAME_TABLEDATA,

'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_TABLEDATA)

},

When I finished installed, the Admin page show the link title as 'TBL_LINK_TITLE' seems it was undefine, and original file was define the 'TBL_LINK_TITLE' on catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/tbl.php. But when I add a new link to catalog/admin/includes/languages/english.php.

This Title 'Alternative Administration System' in Admin page will reappear.

Also the FILENAME_TABLEDATA also undefine, the original being define in filename.php were

define(FILENAME_TBL_AJAX','tbl_ajax.php');

define(FILENAME_TBL_ACTIONS','tbl_actions.php');

but there is no FILENAME_TABEDATA, I guess the link in Alternative Administration System should access the tbl.php. so i change to the following.

array(

'code' => FILENAME_TBL,

},

And the 'Alternative Administration System' in Admin panel will redirect to the page you show us on youtube.

Please correct me If I'm wrong.

Veego

Hello Veego yes you are right. It was my mistake.

I will update the instructions as soon as possible.

array(
'code' => FILENAME_TBL,
),

and then add

define('TBL_LINK_TITLE','Alternative Administration System');

in the english.php

The warning will shown up in condition, which is when I set the Max products = ALL.

Veego

In order not to produce this warning:

Change the line 73 in pagination.php from:

$numOfPages=$rows / $this->perPage;

to

$numOfPages = $this->perPage>0 ? $rows / $this->perPage : 0;

I have added the updates and the small bug fix in http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8895

Thank you.

Edited by gadlol

Hi John,

Fantastic ad-on mate...

I have noticed a few bugs with my installation.

No Manufactures show in the dropdown fields

Unable to update any values (will allow to edit but will not update)

No Tax class showing in dropdown fields

error when changing settings (Something went wrong! Please contact webmaster in order to solve this.)

any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Ben

Hi John,

Fantastic ad-on mate...

I have noticed a few bugs with my installation.

No Manufactures show in the dropdown fields

Unable to update any values (will allow to edit but will not update)

No Tax class showing in dropdown fields

error when changing settings (Something went wrong! Please contact webmaster in order to solve this.)

any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Ben

Please find my skype_id from my profile page on this forum and contact me to solve those issues.

Thank you.

Hi, John,

This is a really good add-on, which I am trialling at the moment. It has enormous potential: well done, and thanks.

However, I have found three glitches so far, two are irritating, and the other a real problem.

The first is that occasionally, seemingly at random (ie. I haven't quite worked out why it happens of what causes it - except see below), [submit Changes] has no effect, and it is necessary to back out a couple of levels, or sometimes to go right back to the traditional Admin screen, in order to clear it. Of course, changes made are lost.

The second is that <shift-delete> works, but <shift-insert> doesn't; it requires Ctrl-V in order to paste. I could live with this, except that <shift-insert> is one of the causes of the failure of [submit Changes] above, and the one I habitually use.

The serious problem is with the editor. There are several problems here.

Clicking on a drop-down menu has the expected result, but it is not possible to dismiss the drop-down without choosing an option.

Show Blocks does not work consistently, which compounds the problem below.

This one is a killer for me. It seems that is not possible to insert raw HTML into a product description. For instance, and specifically in my case, <br />, which comes out in the description as literal text. This makes it very hard to lay out text properly.

It also seems that once some text has been put into a paragraph, it is not possible to add a new paragraph, or another block.

I accept that I may be mis-using the editor, in which case some guidance would be appreciated, but there is definitely a case for allowing people to have access to raw HTML.

Regards, Laurie.

Hi, John,

This is a really good add-on, which I am trialling at the moment. It has enormous potential: well done, and thanks.

However, I have found three glitches so far, two are irritating, and the other a real problem.

The first is that occasionally, seemingly at random (ie. I haven't quite worked out why it happens of what causes it - except see below), [submit Changes] has no effect, and it is necessary to back out a couple of levels, or sometimes to go right back to the traditional Admin screen, in order to clear it. Of course, changes made are lost.

The second is that <shift-delete> works, but <shift-insert> doesn't; it requires Ctrl-V in order to paste. I could live with this, except that <shift-insert> is one of the causes of the failure of [submit Changes] above, and the one I habitually use.

The serious problem is with the editor. There are several problems here.

Clicking on a drop-down menu has the expected result, but it is not possible to dismiss the drop-down without choosing an option.

Show Blocks does not work consistently, which compounds the problem below.

This one is a killer for me. It seems that is not possible to insert raw HTML into a product description. For instance, and specifically in my case, <br />, which comes out in the description as literal text. This makes it very hard to lay out text properly.

It also seems that once some text has been put into a paragraph, it is not possible to add a new paragraph, or another block.

I accept that I may be mis-using the editor, in which case some guidance would be appreciated, but there is definitely a case for allowing people to have access to raw HTML.

Regards, Laurie.

To add to the above, the "Clear Formatting" Menu option had no effect, which again, compounds the problems with the editor.

Regards, Laurie.

Hello Laurie.

I do not know why [Submit Changes] has no effect randomly, thats strange maybe it has something to do with the data submitted? Can you please provide me with more information?

About the editor: you have two possible editors to use the default is "tinymce" and "ckeditor", Just change the value from config.php: 'productsDescriptionEditor' to ckeditor

to enable the ckeditor which has the ability to insert raw html

And yes I can confirm that the dropdownn menus from editors have some problems.

Maybe because they are located in a dialog pop up.

I will try to fix it.

Regards, John.

Edited by gadlol

Hey, this looks like a great addon, but I'm getting the following error when I try to navigate to the tbl.php page.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Please help!

Edited by Jabbathe22

Hey, this looks like a great addon, but I'm getting the following error when I try to navigate to the tbl.php page.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Please help!

Hello Jabbathe22, are you sure you have added those

define('FILENAME_TBL_AJAX', 'tbl_ajax.php');
 define('FILENAME_TBL_ACTIONS', 'tbl_actions.php');

in the catalog/admin/includes/filenames.php?

Yes, I just double-checked, and those have been added to catalog/admin/includes/filenames.php.

Having my admin directory named differently should not affect anything right?

P.S. - thanks for the quick response. I watched your video and getting this installed would really increase efficiency for OsCommerce.

Edited by Jabbathe22

Yes, I just double-checked, and those have been added to catalog/admin/includes/filenames.php.

Having my admin directory named differently should not affect anything right?

P.S. - thanks for the quick response. I watched your video and getting this installed would really increase efficiency for OsCommerce.

No having admin directory named differently does not affect anything.

I dont know what produces this error. Please find my skype_id from my profile page on this forum and contact me to solve it.

Thank you.

Some Notes: I have found some bugs with the description editors (those bugs occur when using the editors inside a jquery ui dialog), so i will get rid of that dialog in favor of..... thats a surprise...

(Doing it like that, you will be able to change the description on different languages without changing the selected language from the dropdown menu on the bottom)

ToDo Implementations:

Copy Selected product/s to ...

Move Selected product/s to ...

Clone all attributes from a product to selected products or to all products of a category (thats tough) requested by Jabbathe22

Please, if you have any feature requests, you can post them in this topic.

Thank you.

Edited by gadlol

This seems to me a great product administration interface.

When I downloaded the add-on only I could find pagination.php file, under admin sub-folder rest of the files were not there. Where can I find the rest of the files. I am in urgent need please reply it today.

This seems to me a great product administration interface.

When I downloaded the add-on only I could find pagination.php file, under admin sub-folder rest of the files were not there. Where can I find the rest of the files. I am in urgent need please reply it today.

Hello raviranjans go to that link http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8895 and click on the tab History, then download the full package I uploaded on 1 Sep 2013

Great contrib!

I have installed this and am having problems with saving products description in central european charachters. (č, ř, ž, ě, š...)

Any way to fix this? I'm getting

%u017E, %u011B

etc.

Edited by Fyod

Great contrib!

I have installed this and am having problems with saving products description in central european charachters. (č, ř, ž, ě, š...)

Any way to fix this? I'm getting

ž, ě

etc.

Hello Fyod.

Can you please send me a sentence with special chars that you want to submit? Just to test it and fixed it...

Thank you.