• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to show shipping cost in shopping cart

aurora_cues

Hi,

I am using table rate shipping and PayPal to accept payment.

This is my online store made with ecommerce: http://shop.auroracues.com/

On the shopping cart page, the subtotal is shown but not the shipping fee.

Customers need to click PayPal express check out/Checkout to see the shipping and the total.

In the mobile version it is the same as well.

Is there a way to show the shipping cost in the shopping cart before the PayPal page?

This is my shopping cart page: http://shop.auroracues.com/shopping_cart.php

The price of the item is shown in the top right corner, and the sub-total is shown just above the paypal express button. I am trying to add the shipping cost and the total right below the subtotal.

Thanks a lot.

Hey Richard,

I'm no expert but...

Did you alter your checkout process, such as with a contribution?

I have never used PayPal Express only Standard.

Normally the checkout process would go from the shopping cart to choose shipping method and then payment method.

- :: Jim :: -

- My Toolbox ~ Adobe Web Bundle, XAMPP & WinMerge | Install ~ osC v2.3.3.4 -

I did not use any add-on or contribution for checkout but I disabled all the extra pages in checkout because I only offer one shipping and one payment menthod.

But regardless if a customer wants to checkout without registration he can do so with PayPal express checkout and I would like to show the shipping cost before he clicks the expess checkout button.

The shipping cost is shown in PayPal without any problem, but I feel that customers would like to be able to see the shipping cost before they click express checkout with PayPal hence my question.

Thank you.

Thanks Joli.

Is it possible to just echo the value of shipping cost in shopping cart since I am offering the same shipping regardless of country.

e.g., if you buy something that is $5, shipping is going to be $1 no matter where you are ...etc.

Table rate is what I use to calaulate shipping, and I only offer one shipping method so no need to list a lot of shipping options or ask the customers to input his address and things like that.

I just cannot figure out which variable is the shipping cost that is sent to PayPal when the PayPal express button is clicked. The shipping cost is always working accurately in PayPal.

Shipping cost is not known until the person is inside the checkout procedure.

You will need to instantiate the shipping class on the cart page.

Look at hos it is done in the checkout_shipping.php page - all the code you need is in there.

Hi - I think the contribution that Joli links to be Sembrouille amy do the trick for you as it wil default to the store country if customer is not logged in, I think SteveRS in the UK had a problem with it recently as it would not carry forward UK Royal Mail prices but for something like Flat Rate then it should show you a quote

The value of $cheapest_rate is what is sent to Paypal. It is determined in

catalog/ext/modules/payment/paypal/express.php

specifically in

if (is_null($cheapest_rate) || ($shipping_rate < $cheapest_rate)) {
$cheapest_rate = $shipping_rate;
$cheapest_counter = $counter;
}

50 lines from the end of the file.

if you buy something that is $5, shipping is going to be $1 no matter where you are ...etc.

It sounds like you could just incorporate the shipping charge into the item price.

This will enable you to shout Free Shipping, which is said to be popular with customers.

Archived