• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Admin Group - Login Issues

tim_ver

I installed this add on Easy Admin Group - OSC 2.3.XX and it installed fine and shows up in the admin area. I then created a group in Administrator Groups, then I created a new user ID in Administrators and add the new group that I created. I logged out and tryied to log back in as this new user and get the error below. I tried also to Protect With htaccess/htpasswd and still can not login. It just spins and stays on same login screen then. I can clear cache and login as the admin just fine. Why is this not working, what can I check to fix this issue?

Page that displays after trying to login with new ID -

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

I have the sample problem, I got the error code from chrome "ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS".

But I have to following test. Not sure if it is because my installing fail or what.

Everyone have a admin user at the beginning and no admin group after install this addon.

I assign the admin user to "Administrator" group and have all permission and create a 'shipping" user assign only "order" as premission.

Admin user in Administrator group with all premission login OK, but can't check if addon work unless I restrict some of the premission. So i do it. After save and logout.

Admin user login ok but not effect in restrice permission. The Admin still can access the everything.

And Shipping user has an login problem mention above.

If anyone know if this addon not complete or if my installing fail.

HI Everyone,

I was report this addon has login error before, and I was wrong. I reinstalled addon just fine without error, and the test result as below.

Original addon installed.

1) Create new group OK.

2) Create new user OK.

3) Assign user to group seem OK.

4) Login with new created user OK.

5) Administrator group access not OK.

Has anyone got the group access work?! Coz I didn't make the blocking access work.

:thumbsup:

Hi Everyone,

I finally make this add on work. And I would like to share with everyone who need help. But first of all Thank you author to make such nice addon and looking forword for enhancement.

1) Original Addon does contain an redirect-loop error and need the new bug fix modification.

2) There are step to make this addon work. Administrator group have to created before any new create user (who need to assign from Administrator group). That means existing user seem can't assign or change to an Administrator group. I try few case that I can't assign a new Administrator group to my first user name.

3) Create a new Administrator group and assign its group access before creating a new user. Created a new user with password and then assign this user an exist Administrator group in the insert user process (Don't try to assign the Administrator group later because it wont work).

Hi veego,

I am thinking, you have missed some instructions of plugin. The error was with original setup. I have added modification or new instructions.

I am not able to catch your issue.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi codoffer,

It's been a while to come back to this thread and report some news, I still using your module and it great.

I recover some problem recently.

I have a Addon called Discount Coupon Code which allow me to assign a discount coupon AND its exclusions.

The discount coupon page is in /admin/coupon.php and I have to assign permission to access on your Easy Admin Group in order to browser it.

The main question is discount coupon page has a exclusion button which will redirect to another page call /admin/coupon_exclusions.php, and I can't not access with it. I m sure this is block by Easy Admin Group.

I m not sure if this is only me.

1) Discount coupon code addon was add before Easy Admin Group and it works on coupon_exclusion.php without problem.

2) After Easy Admin Group addon being added. Set allow permission to Discount coupon code, OK to browser and create new coupon.

3) Unable to access discount coupon addon's addition link within that addon. Should be block without access premission.

Please advise.

veego

Hi codoffer,

It's been a while to come back to this thread and report some news, I still using your module and it great.

I recover some problem recently.

I have a Addon called Discount Coupon Code which allow me to assign a discount coupon AND its exclusions.

The discount coupon page is in /admin/coupon.php and I have to assign permission to access on your Easy Admin Group in order to browser it.

The main question is discount coupon page has a exclusion button which will redirect to another page call /admin/coupon_exclusions.php, and I can't not access with it. I m sure this is block by Easy Admin Group.

I m not sure if this is only me.

1) Discount coupon code addon was add before Easy Admin Group and it works on coupon_exclusion.php without problem.

2) After Easy Admin Group addon being added. Set allow permission to Discount coupon code, OK to browser and create new coupon.

3) Unable to access discount coupon addon's addition link within that addon. Should be block without access premission.

Please advise.

veego

Hi All,

I got a solution for my problem, simply go to phpmyadmin -> administrator_group_access, locate column administrator_group_access_file with value "coupons.php" and copy the whole row, and change the value of administrator_group_access_file in a copied row to "coupons_exclusions.php".

Then the Easy Admin Group system will allow us to access that /admin/coupons_exclusions.php from /admin/coupons.php

This is a manual solution, I hope a new version will consider adding a sub-link premission.

veego

Edited by veego

• 7 months later...

Hi lyn,

Thanks, We will put your idea in my mind and create a new version.

Thanks

Hi there,

is the all module has the individual module available now? I need to have just some show up like, box, Front Page, and partial selections from Dashboard.

Thanks Lyn

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
On 10/15/2013 at 1:33 AM, codoffer said:

Hi lyn,

Thanks, We will put your idea in my mind and create a new version.

Thanks

@codoffer

Hi,

I am trying to install BS version with all new addons.

I have follow all the instruction, the problem I am facing now is the code for

admin/includes/column_left.php

FIND -
	<?php
    foreach ($cl_box_groups as $groups) {
      echo '<h3><a href="#">' . $groups['heading'] . '</a></h3>' .
           '<div><ul>';
	      foreach ($groups['apps'] as $app) {
        echo '<li><a href="' . $app['link'] . '">' . $app['title'] . '</a></li>';
      }
	      echo '</ul></div>';
    }
?>
	REPLACE -
	<?php
     if(display_block_to_admin_group($groups['heading'])){
            '<div><ul>';
          if(check_admin_group($app['code']))echo '<li><a href="' . $app['link'] . '">' . $app['title'] . '</a></li>';
      }
	      echo '</ul></div>';
     }
    }
?>

If i change it as it said, the admin will show blank. If i dont change it, it seems show up the addon (but not test if it work with new insert...) any suggestion?

Thanks!

18 minutes ago, ce7 said:

@codoffer

Hi,

I am trying to install BS version with all new addons.

I have follow all the instruction, the problem I am facing now is the code for

FIND -
	<?php
           '<div><ul>';
        echo '<li><a href="' . $app['link'] . '">' . $app['title'] . '</a></li>';
      }
	      echo '</ul></div>';
    }
?>
	REPLACE -
	<?php
     if(display_block_to_admin_group($groups['heading'])){
            '<div><ul>';
          if(check_admin_group($app['code']))echo '<li><a href="' . $app['link'] . '">' . $app['title'] . '</a></li>';
      }
	      echo '</ul></div>';
     }
    }
?>

If i change it as it said, the admin will show blank. If i dont change it, it seems show up the addon (but not test if it work with new insert...) any suggestion?

Thanks!

Tested: can insert admin group, but the admin page did not show up the column of which group the new administrator belong to.

The test is installed without modify

admin/includes/functions/general.php
admin/includes/application_top.php

On 2/22/2018 at 3:03 AM, codoffer said:

Hello Lyn, I am not able to get you. Please share me more detail about your issue.

@codoffer

Hi Codoffer, thank you for the reply.

I am trying to install your addon on BS Edge version, but I think it is only for 2.3.1, with column_left.php, general.php, and application_top.php code modify follow your instruction, it will show blank page at admin,

without modify these 3 files, it will show up 500 internal error.... i am not capable to change the code to be used for BS version, will it be updated soon? :-D