• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SQL partial transfer

doni

Hi - I wonder if anyone can help please. It's been a long time since I set up oscommerce and I am trying to transfer to anothe provider. Having done the move, I am missing a few tables!

The SQL code has created tables from "address_book" to "specials", but I am missing everythign below "specials".

Can anyone direct me to the missing tables and or SQL code I can grab hold of to cerate the missing tables ...

Unfortunately access to me last provide is no longer possible.

Thank you.

The oscommerce.sql file in a new install package (e.g., zip file) would have all the table definitions and their initial (sample) data. If you didn't check that you had a complete backup of your database before losing contact with your old host... well, that will be a lesson painfully learned. What is the osC version of the "old" site, and is the new site the same (copied files)? Note that the existing tables may be pointing to records in the missing tables that are now missing, and will have to be manually updated, and conversely, existing tables may contain data which was pointed to from the missing tables. In that case, you might be able to synthesize the missing records, but it will be a big job.

Depending on how much data you're missing, and how painful it will be to recreate it (if you can't ignore it), you might want to start afresh. Needless to say, that would be a good time to move to osC 2.3.3 while you're at it. It would also be a good time to learn how to look inside an .sql backup file and see if all the tables are there and it appears to be complete.

I presume that you have checked whether your .sql backup isn't in fact complete, and your restore process merely timed out. If it did, you can use an editor to trim out the tables that were already done, and import the remaining .sql file to get the rest of the tables.

Archived