• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

how can i list products by attributes like color, price range, size ? in oscommerce v 2.3

nsnikunj353

hello i want product listing by attributes of products like color, price range, size, memory, etc.

how can i get it?

example :

http://www.kalazone.in/index.php?cPath=47&price=1-1000&color=almond this link should list products which has color almond and price between 1 and 1000.

how can i make it? please someone help

i'm attaching a screenshot of similar site

I've not heard of anything like this so would be a custom code project. Should you feel inclined to explore that cost, post into the commercial forum where you will find a developer able to make it a reality. After it's coded you can then keep it to yourself or upload it for others to benefit from.

I've not heard of anything like this so would be a custom code project. Should you feel inclined to explore that cost, post into the commercial forum where you will find a developer able to make it a reality. After it's coded you can then keep it to yourself or upload it for others to benefit from.

visit the link for similar site

http://www.kalazone.in/traditional-lehangda.html

look at left side, the filters i want the same...

now i think u get the idea

i think now u can help me please..

Hi :nikunj ,

The function and link you gave to a similar site do not work?

The link yes but the function no !!

I have seen something similar as an add on spend a bit of time reading the forums and I am sure you will find .

Or maybe commercial custom coding ?

Regards

Joli

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

I have seen something similar as an add on spend a bit of time reading the forums and I am sure you will find .

Regards

Joli

Regards

Joli

addon.oscommerce.com/info/8096

is this the appropariate addon? that you're talking about

can i get the above functionality by this addon?

@@nsnikunj353

I just finished a project involving this exact thing. I ended up coding a new products_filter box module since there wasn't really anything available in the addons and no database changes were allowed. Once you setup the filters menu you will also have to alter the $listing_sql in your index.php page to accept the new parameters. It took some effort but it's definitely possible.

You could look at this addon and maybe take a few ideas from it but you will most likely need something a bit more robust and flexible.

Matt

I use product specifications since it first released versions, about 2 years I think.

It works well on category pages, as you define which specifications you have for which category and if you want to allow filtering by these values (what kind of filter etc), show in a comparison, or just on the product details page.

It can use existing database values too as filters.

It does not offer filters on products_new, specials, listing by manufacturer, or search results - if there is no category selected, you can not have a filter.

It works well if you want to have different kinds of filters for different kinds of products.

If you are just looking for some basic filters which are always the same throughout your site, you are better off coding like Matt suggested.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

• 1 month later...

@@mattjt83@@mattjt83@@mattjt83@@mattjt83@@mattjt83@@mattjt83@@mattjt83@@mattjt83@@mattjt83

@@nsnikunj353

I just finished a project involving this exact thing. I ended up coding a new products_filter box module since there wasn't really anything available in the addons and no database changes were allowed. Once you setup the filters menu you will also have to alter the $listing_sql in your index.php page to accept the new parameters. It took some effort but it's definitely possible.

You could look at this addon and maybe take a few ideas from it but you will most likely need something a bit more robust and flexible.

thank you

i've done the same thing

i've made custom filters adding new parameters in index.php

i think someone should make that type of add-on because many people facing this problem...

Archived