• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Development] USPS Shipping Module

kymation

That one was worse - the original developer flew the coop long ago, but thanks for the help. ;)

I'll give it a shot - got nothing to lose, now.

Edited by TomB01

• 2 weeks later...

Yes - I did worse, as a matter of fact. After studiously restoring all the files altered from USPS Methods and un-installing USPS Methods, I attempted to install USPS Rate V4, r3.2. I couldn't get it to work on any level. USPS ID was in the database, etc,, but no go.

I restored everything back to USPS Methods 5.2.2 and proceeded to work on usps.php to implement the cause of breaking domestic 1st Class shipping: the March USPS revision changed First-Class Mail to First-Class Mail Parcel, and First-Class Mail Letter to First-Class Mail Stamped Letter. It took quite a few edits, but everything now works.

The only thing that you didn't do is post the errors here so we could help you fix it. This module works on many different stores from 2.2 to the latest 2.3.3.4. You did something wrong.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Tom,

Could you please post what changes you have made to the usps.php file to get it work? I tried to replace all the First-Class Mail to First-Class Mail Parcel, but it did not work out (we don't offer letter option, so I didn't bother to change).

Thanks so much.

I restored everything back to USPS Methods 5.2.2 and proceeded to work on usps.php to implement the cause of breaking domestic 1st Class shipping: the March USPS revision changed First-Class Mail to First-Class Mail Parcel, and First-Class Mail Letter to First-Class Mail Stamped Letter. It took quite a few edits, but everything now works.

• 4 months later...

The only thing that you didn't do is post the errors here so we could help you fix it. This module works on many different stores from 2.2 to the latest 2.3.3.4. You did something wrong.

Regards

Jim

Yep - obviously I did something wrong.  I guess I get to try it again now.  If I can't get it to work in a few days, guess I'll make the long march to V2.3. 

Tom,

Could you please post what changes you have made to the usps.php file to get it work? I tried to replace all the First-Class Mail to First-Class Mail Parcel, but it did not work out (we don't offer letter option, so I didn't bother to change).

Thanks so much.

Sorry wendys - once I got it to work, I left for awhile.  Now that it's broken again, I'm going to do my best to get Rates working.

• 4 months later...

It's alive! Aliiiive!!!!!

Ahem. Sorry about that. I didn't intend to take a long break from working on this, but this last year has been ... interesting.

Anyway, I've managed to update the code a bit (see the addons section for the code). The installer is now essentially* complete and working. You can play with it if you want. It still doesn't return quotes, but that's the easy part. Really. I'm working on that part now.

*I may have forgotten the selector for a feature or two. Remind me if you see that something that you want is missing.

Regards

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

I've uploaded another development version. Still not complete, but this one will actually return quotes. Domestic only. No special services, handling, etc. That's all coming.

I mostly just wanted to stash this somewhere safe, in case my working copy gets corrupted. Again. Feel free to play with it on a test site if you want. All comments (and code/patches) are welcome.

Regards

Jim

Hoping I have the right module...after installing on a 234 BS shop on uniserver I see this:

cross.gif ERROR! Your store's Zip code has not been set correctly.! See the User's Manual for instructions.

USPS Web Tools ID
REPLACE_ME

cross.gif ERROR! Your USPS Web Tools ID is not correct.! See the User's Manual for instructions.

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

That is what I would expect. You need to set your store's Zip code in the configuration. Once you have that, go back and edit this module and add your Web Tools ID. Both of those messages should then turn green.

Regards

Jim

OK, now that we'll tested the error messages, I've change the settings.   :)

The zip code issue looks to be resolved.  For my USPS user id I am using my web api id.  Is that the same thing?

I see this: 

tick.gifYour USPS Web Tools ID appears to be correct.

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

Yes, that is correct. Nice to know that the error checks work. Not that I didn't test them myself. On purpose, of course. :blush:

I've just uploaded a new version. This fixes a lot of the bugs/missing features in the previous release. For example, Special/Extra services now work. To upgrade, just replace the module and language files. It would probably be a good idea to uninstall/reinstall the module, as I don't remember if I made any changes in the installer.

Regards

Jim

Hello,

Installed .5 version, not getting any shipping results running a test order.  This is on uniserver.

I have another shop on uniserver that does generate USPS rates from the USPS Rate V4 Intl Rate V2_r3.5_rc4 version.

Well that explains what this is about.

Update Services
Check if you want to update the following services list.

But nothing shows there. ie...no following list.

No email to the shop address,

Table is present, no data.

So it created the table but didn't load the data. Or didn't receive any data. That's strange.

Try checking the Update box and save. That should regenerate the data.

Regards

Jim

Table created, no data within.

Checked the Add box, saved.  Nothing listed in the module.  Checking the table, still empty.

Will check in tomorrow AM.

Apparently I need to add some more error trapping in the setup section. Thanks for all of your time testing this, and I'll post here when I get an improved version that might let us know what's going wrong.

Regards

Jim

No problem.  If I don't respond within a day or two of your post, get my attention.   :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

V0.5 is installed in one of my development directories.  It's pulling rates, but it's only pulling retail even if online is checked.  Also, the spacing between methods in the admin side is excessive.  I'm guessing you already know about both of these.  Looking forward to the next release!

post-292008-0-40814300-1421773253_thumb.jpg

Yes, Online rates have not yet been implemented. They will be. I'm really busy right now, so it may be a week or two before I can get back to this.

The spacing is a result of osCommerce putting hard breaks in everywhere. I'm using CSS to try to deal with this, but it's tough going. Any suggestions are welcome.

Regards

Jim