• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Add-ons / Shipping / customization

jwhd2

I am customizing my oscommerce script for the first time. I am using 2.3.1. I tried a individual shipping method addon and when two products with different shipping types are bought it doesn't work. It only allows one shipping option per order. So if one is usps and the other is pick-up$0.00, it won't calculate usps. Can someone please help me find an add-on that works? Or is it possible to fix this? The add-on Im using is located at http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1333 if you want to check it out.

@@jwhd2

It is NOT likely that your customer would choose one pick up and one UPS. It is always less expensive to ship both items using the same method, it makes no sense to offer multiple shipping methods on the same order. Hence the reason you won't find a contribution to suit your needs.

Chris

what are you talking about, my client has 3 sizes of flat rate boxes, ships a variety of sizes with weight through usps, and offers pick-up only for thing THAT LEGALLY CANNOT BE SHIPPED...LIKE BATTERIES...So if the shipping through usps is 213 dollars I cannot offer the pick up price or the flat rate boxes 5 9 15 dollars....Youre telling me this cannot be done? I don't want it to be up to the customer. Its an admin setting when I am adding a product to my store. It's currently set up to offer an individual shipping type to each product I load.

@@jwhd2

It is always less expensive to ship both items using the same method, it makes no sense to offer multiple shipping methods on the same order.

Chris

It's not less expensive to me to use the same shipping method. I'm not offering multiple shipping methods on the same order. The different products require different means of shipping. I hope this makes more sense to you. I am at my wits end with oscommerce. In a perfect world you would only need one type of shipping option. I have different types of products, some that cannot be shipped, some have flat rates. Others need to be calculated through usps. HENCE THERE IS A NEED FOR WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.....

Are there any add-ons where I can use multiple shipping types? Or maybe I cannot limit orders to one product at a time. This would work. I am not looking for a miracle. Just a resolution to this problem. I know java,c++. but I don't know php. I can understand only 40% of what's going on with this script. Or should I install a osx. I think I could probably set it up with no problem. But if that script has the same problems with shipping, I would rather just stick with 2.3.1. I have been working with osc for like 18 months and now I'm trying to include add-ons and I need one that works for individual shipping. Even if I could offer pick up and usps, I would be happy with that. HELP HELP HELP.... I've been working on this for like a month and my script is still not working the way I want. I've read through countless forum posts of people using these same methods but no fix for the shipping at checkout. IF you know of an add-on that has NO issues. Please post here. I am VERY VERY VERY OPEN TO SUGGESTION. I just don't wanna hear it can't be done.

You can have a look at http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4129 , its a multi vendor shipping add-on..but it could also be used to assign different available shipping methods to different products.

Okay, I installed that module, and it was super easy. Now I'm allowing usps and pick up and specifying under product comments if they buy a product for pickup. They need to purchase other products separately if they want them shipped, otherwise they will be considered a pickup.

Archived