• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

$oscTemplate->getTitle() won't render shop name in some files

altoid

Trying to figure out why $oscTemplate->getTitle() won't render the shop name to put in the store title in a couple cases.

This is occuring in the headtags modules, specifically ht_category_title and ht_product_title. But it is working the ht_manufacturer_title file.

So for the first two my page meta/title looks something like

My Great Category,

My Great Product,

Note there are commas at the end there.

But for the manufacturer the page title is rendering

A Great Manufacturer, My Shop Name.

The code rendering the manufacturer page appears to be :

$oscTemplate->setTitle($manufacturers['manufacturers_name'] . ', ' . $oscTemplate->getTitle());

While for the pages not work it is:

$oscTemplate->setTitle($categories['categories_name'] . ', ' . $oscTemplate->getTitle());
and
$oscTemplate->setTitle($product_info['products_name'] . ', ' . $oscTemplate->getTitle());

Respectively.

Ideas?

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

rewriting a response ....

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

@@burt

for the working manufacturer ht file: ht_manufacturer_title

function execute() {
 global $PHP_SELF, $HTTP_GET_VARS, $oscTemplate, $manufacturers, $languages_id;

for the category and product title ht title files

function execute() {
 global $PHP_SELF, $oscTemplate, $categories, $current_category_id, $languages_id;

and

function execute() {
 global $PHP_SELF, $oscTemplate, $HTTP_GET_VARS, $languages_id, $product_check;

This is occurring with both 2.3.3 oob files and the new version of those files for 2.3.4

Archived