• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Selling downloads - assigning zero shipping rate

mb21uk

Hi, I'm new to OSC - using v2.2 RC2 and trying to help a client set up sales of mp3 downloads in addition to his existing CDs.

The problem I am facing is that I have no idea how to assign the new download product option a zero shipping rate. Could anyone please explan, in short words, with pictures (!) how we can achieve this?

Thanks.

@@mb21uk

Hi, I'm new to OSC - using v2.2 RC2 and trying to help a client set up sales of mp3 downloads in addition to his existing CDs.

You should suggest to your client that he hires an experienced osCommerce developer. If you are offering osCommerce services, you should already know how to set that very basic feature up.

Chris

In oscommerce downloads are sold as virtual products. A product is made as a virtual product because they have no weight. I hope this is correct. When you enter a product in your admin area, just leave the weight field blank. Oscommerce will not charge shipping as the weight is zero.If a virtual product is purchased at the same time as a real physical product the product with a zero weight is sti;; available as a download.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Archived