• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Does OSC 2.3.3 run on PHP 5.4.4

Carbon_Fibre

Hello

I tried searching the forum but I couldn't find an answer.

I have a couple of websites running OSC 2.2 RC2A. My (shared) server was running on PHP 5.3.3 but my host is upgrading to PHP 5.4.4 today. I have tested a copy of my site - It was running fine on PHP 5.3.3 but after updating to PHP 5.4.4, it stops working (only home page & contact works - NO OTHERS). If I roll back to PHP 5.3.3 using the PHP Config Tool in the control panel, the site still doesn't work (only home page & contact works - NO OTHERS).

1. Does anyone know what I should try to get it to work (without updating to OSC 2.3)?
  2. Does OSC 2..3.3 run on PHP 5.4.4? If I upgrade, will my sites run properly on PHP 5.4.4?
  3. When I checked a few months back, there was some posts about OSC v2.4 for this reason. Is this still being developed? Any ideas when it will be released?

Very stressed. Please help.

Thanks in advance

Have not tried on PHP5.4.4 , but 2.3.3 runs fine on the PHP5.4+ versions i have tried it on.

OSC V2.4 is still under development, you can read some more at: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/391617-oscom-v24/

Should run 100%

I'm testing on a localhost

HTTP Server: Apache/2.4.3 (Win32) OpenSSL/1.0.1c PHP/5.4.7 PHP Version: 5.4.7 (Zend: 2.4.0)

Getting the Phoenix off the ground

Would be very simple for you to test by installing a 2.3.3 into a subdirectory of your live site, eg: yoursite.com/testing/

I'm pretty sure you must have been told by your host about upcoming PHP changes? If not, then the host is not great. If yes, why wait until the last moment to ensure your site(s) can continue trading?

Thanks for the replies guy.

We managed to switch back to PHP 5.3.3 and it is working. Don't know what changed because when I used the PHP Config Tool to switch versions when testing, it didn't work.

I guess I will be upgrading to OSC 2.3.3 before September, when my host permanently removes PHP 5.3.3, unless PHP 2.4 is out by then.

I'm pretty sure you must have been told by your host about upcoming PHP changes? If not, then the host is not great. If yes, why wait until the last moment to ensure your site(s) can continue trading?

Yes, my host informed us but they also said we would be able to roll back to PHP 5.3.3. The reason I needed to know from fellow forumites if OSC 2.3.3 runs on PHP 5.4.4 is because of my hosts buggy PHP Config tool. I didn't want to spend the time installing and/or upgrading if it doesn't work.

These sites are for clients. The reason they are not upgraded is clients don't want to pay :( There seems to be a lot of negativity to OSC from clients and hosts too.

What does this "PHP Config tool" supposedly do? I would be leery of any host-provided tool to modify my site, such as by changing PHP code to be in conformance with a specific level. Does it just list the changes it thinks you need to make? As noted, osC 2.3.3 runs successfully on at least some versions of PHP 5.4. osC 2.2, even RC2a, needs a lot of patching to make it PHP 5.3 and 5.4 compatible. If you're sure that you have your 2.2 RC2a patched to PHP 5.3 compatibility, there might still be one or two little "gotchas" with PHP 5.4. I've seen claims around here that there were a few more changes needed before it could be run on 5.4.

Think about jumping to osC 2.3.3 as soon as you can. Not only will you have guaranteed PHP 5.3 compatibility, but it should be no more than minor patches to get to PHP 5.4 compatible. Plus, you will be in better shape to get to osC 2.3.4 or 2.4, whichever comes out next.

Archived