• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

jQuery/Ajax Fast checkout/Login/Create account/Shopping Cart/Bootstrap MATC 2.3.3

Hello and Welcome, all osCommerce idiots!

No one will tell you to "Read the manual" here, everybody is equal dumb so dumb questions are somewhat advocated. :thumbsup:

This is the support thread for jQuery/Ajax Fast checkout 2.3.3 With Login/Create account/Shopping Cart/Bootstrap MATC and more! Everything squeezed together on One Single Page.

This contribution / Add-On (which one is it; Contrib or Add-On, I'm confused?) was originally created by advancewebsoft.com/solutions/oscommerce/oscommerce-contributions.html, but has now, under the knife with surgical precision, transformed to work with osCommerce 2.3.3.

Advance Software deserve all the credit they can get and make sure to check their website as they offer more free contributions for osCommerce as well as creating custom made, for a cost of course. In my very amateurish opinion, I believe that their cotribs & code are very elaborate and nicely designed.

I'm not affiliated with them in any way but I have contacted them about publishing my modified version of their Add-On and they responded:

As "AJAX checkout" is realeased as free contribution, we also released all rights to modify or distribute modified versions of this software for free.

So in short - yes, you're welcome to release your changes to osCommerce community.

My hope is that, finally, we can get a One page/Single page checkout that works for everybody and the way this Add-On work should be the best way to do it since it uses the modules you already have as well as using the language files for each section (E.g. information found in the create account section uses the defined constants from ./includes/languages/english/create_account.php.

This also makes this Add-On automatically Multilingual! :beers:

Now, enough with the drabble!

Here is the features for this Add-On, starting with the original specs:

• Full support for ALL OsCommerce shipping modules
  • Standard OsCommerce features like FREE SHIPPING, STOCK CHECK, ALLOW STOCK CHECKOUT are supported
  • Virtual downloadable products are supported
  • Basic Payment modules like Cash on Delivery, Bank Transfer and PayPal are supported
  • Authorize.Net payment module is supported
  • AJAX checkout interface - no more whole page reloading
  • New customers instant registration is available and existing customers will be able to login and checkout
  • Instant shipping and payment modules selection using AJAX
  • Instant delivery and billing address selection and adding a new address is available using AJAX
  • All javascript form validation scripts (creating account, shipping & billing addresses, modules etc) are available
  • Dynamic shopping cart restoration for registered users using AJAX
  • All order total modules from OsCommerce are supported

Features added by Dr. Rolex:

• Support for and tested on osCommerce 2.3.3
  • Tested successfully on Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Internet Explorer 9
  • Since the original Add-On was made for the old oSc 2.2 I have made several modification to the code so it will work with newer versions of PHP and of course changed the entire layout to fit in the oSc 2.3.3 grid.
  • Compatible with jQuery 2.0.2
  • Added so shopping cart is included on checkout - now the customer can add/remove products on checkout and interactively see what the shipping cost will be.
  • Customer must accept Conditions and terms of use when both creating an account and before confirming order. Your Conditions and Terms of use will be dropped down with a very nice Bootstrap modal!
  • Added a comment box similar to the regular one on normal checkout.
  • Added a nice modal that grays out screen on confirming order to prevent double orders from any trigger happy customers with ADHD.
  • Automatic capitalization of first letter when updating Customers Details.
  • Shopping Cart Infobox will update when changing product quantities.
  • Header cart counter refresh

I might add a "Guest checkout" Feature in the Future, assuming that someone want it.

I'll upload the package and include the link later today.

Please report all, eventual bugs you may find or improvements that you would like.

I will add support for the jQuery/Ajax Shopping Cart 2.3.3 Add-On later when I'm done testing.

Best regards,

Dr. Rolex

Edited by burt
remove external link

OK, the contribution is uploaded. Good luck! :thumbsup:

jQuery/Ajax Fast checkout/Shopping Cart/Login/Create Account 2.3.3

Apparently I forgot to include the ajax_authorizenet module from the original package, if you need it you can find it here:

advancewebsoft.com/solutions/oscommerce/oscommerce-contributions/ajax-checkout-for-oscommerce-p.html

BTW: Don't mind the files in the ./Readme Files directory, they are only needed for the readme.html.

Edited by burt
another external link

Hello,

In a fresh install (dropping files) on localhost, when I go to Fast Checkout got this error:

javascript_validation(); ?>

Fast Checkout

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'else' (T_ELSE), expecting function (T_FUNCTION) in C:\-= www =-\233\ajax\classes\ajaxManagerTest.class.php on line 1322

Thanks in advance

(...) In a fresh install (dropping files) on localhost, when I go to Fast Checkout got this error: (...)

Hello PiLLaO,

Since I'm not getting any errors on dropping the files on a fresh install I believe that this has to be a Windows Server related problem.

Since I'm using Unix LF line breaks, perhaps you need to open all the files in a text editor and save them with CR or CRLF line breaks. I don't know if this will help, but that's the only thing I can think of right now. If you are using ISO-8859-1 or something other than UTF-8 as character encoding, then you should probably open & save all files with your encoding as well.

Hello PiLLaO,

Since I'm not getting any errors on dropping the files on a fresh install I believe that this has to be a Windows Server related problem.

Since I'm using Unix LF line breaks, perhaps you need to open all the files in a text editor and save them with CR or CRLF line breaks. I don't know if this will help, but that's the only thing I can think of right now. If you are using ISO-8859-1 or something other than UTF-8 as character encoding, then you should probably open & save all files with your encoding as well.

Thank you very much,

I'll try uploading to a webserver.

Thanks in advance

Hi! Great Addon.. it makes the checkout process so much easier for the customer. One question - Any chance anyone has gotten the Discount Code add-ons (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7700) working with this?

Also, is it possible to set a guest checkout?

Thanks in advance!

Mike

Hi Mike,

I've been meaning to review the code to add support for the most popular Add-Ons (like the one you mentioned) when I have some spare time over. I don't know when this will happen, however. I'm currently working on customizing it for my website, so it might take a while until I have time to work on any new update.

But don't let the relatively large amount of code scare you from doing it yourself. Just search for the functions in ./ajax/classes/ajaxManagerTest.class.php and alter the code there to fit your needs.

So, for example, if you want to allow guest checkout, alter the code in function showCreateAccount.

Comment the lines you don't want in the function ajaxPerformCreateAccount in ./ajax/javascript/ajaxManager.js

What does the PHP error log say?

There are no errors, unfortunately. Just no products :(

Its so odd, too, that they are in the cart box in the left column, but not in the shopping_cart.php.

In the time since I originally posted, I've been going over all the install instructs, making sure I got everything copied over, etc... Just not finding it.

There are no errors, unfortunately. Just no products :(

Its so odd, too, that they are in the cart box in the left column, but not in the shopping_cart.php.

In the time since I originally posted, I've been going over all the install instructs, making sure I got everything copied over, etc... Just not finding it.

You have to find the Apache error log file. Are you running your own server or are you using some kind of web host?

Either way, there should be an error.log file. If it's a linux system it's usually located in /var/log/apache2/error.log

If you're using a web host, try to search the root directory for any log directory or similar, it might be hidden.

OR, if this is not a production environment you can, temporarily, add this line to ./includes/application_top.php

Find:

// set the level of error reporting
error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE);

Replace with:

error_reporting(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors', '1');

Then look what the output is when you go to the ajax_checkout.php. Make sure that you are logged in and have something in your cart.

You have to find the Apache error log file. Are you running your own server or are you using some kind of web host?

Either way, there should be an error.log file. If it's a linux system it's usually located in /var/log/apache2/error.log

If you're using a web host, try to search the root directory for any log directory or similar, it might be hidden.

OR, if this is not a production environment you can, temporarily, add this line to ./includes/application_top.php

Find:

error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE);

Replace with:

error_reporting(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors', '1');

Then look what the output is when you go to the ajax_checkout.php. Make sure that you are logged in and have something in your cart.

hi,

do i need to install both of your plugins in your signature?

or is just the fast checkout with login/create account etc

Also, does it have guest checkout as part of it? or do you still have to sign up?

thanks

hi,

do i need to install both of your plugins in your signature?

or is just the fast checkout with login/create account etc

Also, does it have guest checkout as part of it? or do you still have to sign up?

thanks

You don't need both plugins. If you only want the Fast Checkout then download the second package that I uploaded.

Customers have to sign up, however the sign-up process is included on the Fast Checkout page and it's probably not a lot of work if you want to remove the fields that you don't want.

Look at how other guest checkout plugins work and then apply the same code to this one.

unfortunately, none of the guest checkout plugins seem to work and have no instructions in them.

I did come across one, which seems to use a cookie or something which assigns to a guest option.

if anyone can implement a guest function with this, it would be great.

You don't need both plugins. If you only want the Fast Checkout then download the second package that I uploaded.

Customers have to sign up, however the sign-up process is included on the Fast Checkout page and it's probably not a lot of work if you want to remove the fields that you don't want.

Look at how other guest checkout plugins work and then apply the same code to this one.