• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Addon} Superfish Categories Box

Thumbs up for your prompt answer, thats very impressive. One of the easiest installs i ever made, and at first sight the category tree works fine with the bootstrapped version, but on smaller devices the tree still expands to the right (and disappears from the vissible screen) thats not good. For responsiveness it should be made so that expanded tree always is within the witdh of the screen without having to move to the right, so it should somehow expand downwards. For now, unfortunately i will have to uninstall the fine Superfish add on, but i hope it eventually will be made fully responsive for the bootstrap oscommerce version, and then i will be happy to use it. Thanks for your effort in making great add ons

Best regards

Brian

I think there's a way to do this with the native Bootstrap library instead of using Superfish, but I haven't had time to play with it yet. Anybody who wants to try this has my blessing.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

• 3 months later...

Just installed supper fish and working fine apart from long names! Text display outside the category instead of wrapping round as it does in standard category.

Have I done something wrong or do I need to modify code?

Also on small devices the cat are not fitting screen? First cat full width , subcat off screen so un usable on phones and tablets.

Edited by justcatering

The Superfish script doesn't handle long names well. You might try adding hyphens: auto; and line-break: normal; to the CSS.

Superfish is not responsive. You will need to use something else if you want a responsive menu.

REgards

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

"You might try adding hyphens: auto; and line-break: normal; to the CSS"

Must have done it wrong as it had no effect? This is what I did at top of css file

.sf-menu, .sf-menu * {
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0;
    list-style: none;
  hyphens: auto;
      line-break: normal;

The sf-menu class may be too general. Try this:

sf-menu top_cat, .sf-menu subcat {
  hyphens: auto;
  line-break: normal;
}

I haven't tested this, so no guarantee it will work anyway.

Regards

Jim

• 9 months later...

Hi and I would like to start by thanking anyone who help as I am a total noob. I've been trying to install thos menu on an brand new installation (2.3.4.bs edge) and when I try installing new boxes in the admin section I get those error:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warning: include_once(DIR_WS_CLASSESlanguage.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/chrissjett/public_html/includes/modules/boxes/bm_categories_superfish.php on line 119

Warning: include_once(): Failed opening 'DIR_WS_CLASSESlanguage.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/chrissjett/public_html/includes/modules/boxes/bm_categories_superfish.php on line 119

Fatal error: Class 'language' not found in /home/chrissjett/public_html/includes/modules/boxes/bm_categories_superfish.php on line 120

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really like those menu, I've used it in my 2 days first version which i'm changing now to be receptive to mobile device

here is the two adresses:

bs problem   http://econoreno.com

regular  http://m.econoreno.com

I made this m.site to redirect people to a mobile version of the website (which would have only red database) but as they dont use the same database as the regular, its useless .

Thanks

Krisss

You will need the Compatibility Addon to make most older modules work with the latest code. Note that that Addon will only fix some of the compatibility issues, so you may have additional issues with these older modules.

Regards

Jim

• 6 months later...

Hi there !!

I very like your add-on.

Thank you.

Nice look. I use it with Bootstrap Edge but the problem, it have a deprecated constructor error in the log file because I use PHP7.

I tried to fix it.... And it seems to work well.

I would like your opinion if it is correct to have done this.

I commented it just to be safe, here what I did....

I edited the file includes\modules\boxes\bm_categories_superfish.php

// BOF Fix for deprecated constructor
// Original code below replaced by the following code
//  public function bm_categories_superfish() {
    public function __construct () {
// EOF Fix for deprecated constructor

And I got no more error in the log file after it....

John

--------------------

osCommerce 2.3.4 Bootstrap Edge

That should work to fix the PHP 7 error. However, this module was not designed to work with the Bootstrap system, so you may get JavaScript errors. I suggest that you test everything carefully.

Regards

Jim

Thank's for your answer..

I test for an hour now and all seems to work very good... No more error in the error log and no error in javascript too which I never had...

Tomorrow I will try your Modular Navigation Bar (Bootstrap) with the Categories Modular Navigation Bar.

I will give you news...

Cheers...

John

--------------------

Good morning Jim,

Like I said, I have try your Modular Navigation Bar (Bootstrap) with the Categories Modular Navigation Bar.

But I have also try tried every Horizontal Categories Menu add-ons you have made. 

Really Nice. Thanks for your work.

My prefered is : Modular Navigation Bar (Bootstrap)

I keep this one...

But the only problem I have with it, it's made the famous Deprecated error on PHP7 with my BS Edge.

So I fixed the problems in the following files :

includes\modules\navbar_modules\nb_categories.php

includes\modules\navbar_modules\nb_categories_full.php

All is working great without error anymore.

Great add-on. Nice work.

John

--------------------

• 4 months later...

Having an issue with this.

Installing onto a clean version of Edge, copied files over and after going to Admin/Modules/Boxes and clicking Install, I'm presented with a blank screen.

Have you had any other users experience this issue?

error.thumb.png.18f8569e189d72a14176e136f2e38b04.png

• 3 months later...

My version of Superfish and oscommerce causes a problem with the Password reset page. The category box is on the left and separates the Password reset message from the password entry boxes and pushes those fields to the bottom of the page where a customer can't see it without scrolling. Is this a known problem? I don't see anything in the documentation that might solve this (other than putting the box on the right).

What version of osCommerce? Superfish does not always play well with Bootstrap, and I haven't tested it with the latest version of Edge.

Regards

Jim

I am using v2.3.4

The problem occurs in password_reset.php when accessed by email link

superfish sort order is 1001 left column

Password Reset headings are above categories (which are long)

Password entry fields are below categories.

Customers have to scroll down a bit before they see new password entry fields

Any way to suppress superfish on a particular page? My only solution at this point is to put a "SCROLL DOWN"  warning in heading  :D

Edited by oscommer9