• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problem with language pack: products do not appear correctly

myquestionone

Hi,

we have a problem in this shop:

shopserviceinternational.com/index.php?language=de

with the products in the german language section (the english section works fine).

a: The german products inside the shop (actually 399960 according [shopserviceinternational.com/products_new.php in the german section)

but they do not appear in their relevant categories.

b: Furthermore if searching products with the search parameter "1" (which is part of the prefix of each product, because each product name starts with the digit "1" then the shop finds 394949 products instead of 399960 in the german section), please see here: shopserviceinternational.com/advanced_search_result.php?search_in_description=1&keywords=1&x=0&y=0 and use search.

c: The products appear here shopserviceinternational.com/products_new.php in the german section

but upon clicking on "Details" or the product number or the product picture the shop does not show the product details, but links to shopserviceinternational.com

This does not happen in the english language section which makes clear there is a problem with the german language.

How to settle this ?

Regards

Signature: Apologies for my bad english - i am not a native speaker. Please forgive me. Thx and Cheers.

a + b : do you believe that people will use a search term that will result in almost 400k products? You need to upgrade this search facility so a user can search for (eg) Opel Astra 1.6 Blower 1998

Or, put another way: you are possibly over-analysing the situation.

c : speak with whoever made your template

i am afraid that i did not explain it in understandable manner.

the problem is that the products do not appear in the relevant categories in the german section.

one could now doubt if the products being really inside the shop, therefore i have linked where one can see that the products really already imported to the shop and to show that there is the problem with the appearance of the products.

(btw: your clever observation does reply to my question, but thanks anyway. I am afraid you do not understand our industries business, because most people search for numbers (so called OE numbers) of the item they search for or alternatively they surf the categories until they find their car and part. many thanks for your appreciated contribution)

therefore i need to know why the products do not appear in the relevant categories in the german section of the shop.

Anybody else any idea where to verify ?

Signature: Apologies for my bad english - i am not a native speaker. Please forgive me. Thx and Cheers.

Archived