• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

invisible links , splogs and more!

directjared00

alt attribute: search engines can't see pictures, so an alt attribute provides additional text that they can catalog (keywords) when indexing the page. It also makes your page more accessible to the visually impaired and to those who have image display turned off for whatever reason.

meta description: this has very little if any effect on the ranking. However, a good description, when displayed in the search results, will make it more likely that a human will click on the link and go to your page. If you let the search engine come up with its own description by grabbing some random text from the page, it's not as appealing to people.

The url is included in the ranking algorithms so having the keywords in them helps in the final ranking. But it is a small help in many cases. It depends on the situation, keyword, how the rest of the page is setup and so on.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I have merged a few threads from the OP all of which have very little to do with osCommerce.

@@directjared00 - you would most likely get better answers at a generic SEO forum. If you have particular osCommerce SEO questions, please ask, and I am sure one of the experts will attend to it.

There are better forums and information on the internet if you want this type of help. Try using a search engine and you will get all the answers you need.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

• 1 month later...

Raj,this is not really the right forum for these questions but still there are many different tips and tricks to increase ones page ranking....And are easily available through google.

Archived