• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

removing attributes from product info

Firstly I must apologise if this post is in the wrong place. I currently have an 2.3.3 store that I 'm re-styling. I have these two contributions added to the store Simple Checkout 2.3..1 and AJAX Attribute Manager V2.8.10. I have been working on the product_info.php page and have come across this annoying problem. Could really do with some help on this.

I want to remove the attribute drop down boxes and just display the attributes as text. I've coded something to list the attributes as a text list and it works nicely. I found the line where the attribut drop-downs are displayed and I commented them out.

<strong><?php echo $products_options_name['products_options_name'] . ':'; ?></strong><br /><?php echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('id[' . $products_options_name['products_options_id'] . ']', $products_options_array, $selected_attribute); ?><br />

When I do this and try to add the product to the cart, it goes to the cart page but the cart is empty as is the mini-cart. Re-enable the line and it works fine. I think its something to do with passing the attribute value to the cart but I'm not sure on what to do to get it to work. Anyone have any ideas?

I've also noticed that the cart takes a while to update. A good 10 seconds for a product to be added. Even if I switch on the one page store it stills takes a few seconds to add to the cart. Any ideas on this as well?

Thanks

Ah, the world wide web. What a wonderful place.