• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Products in different base currency

arpyke

Hello all,

hopefully anyone can help me here

I want to set two different base currencies for each product, because my suppliers give me the product in 2 currencies (RON and EUR). As an exemple i want if its possible to display the price for product 1 in RON and for product 2 in EUR. In admin part of oscommerce, two have 2 radio buttons or a dropdown list for RON and EUR for the product price.

I use ocommerce 2.3.3 as an info site, i do not sell online, i disabled the Buy now buttons, Add to cart buttons, and the shopping cart.. Thanks in advance. Arpy

You would need to custom code this as I have not seen an already existing addon/modification that allows this. The basis would be to have an extra selector on each product which you say "show this in RON" or "show this in USD", then when the product is being looked at, grab the value and display appropriately.

That's not much work but would likely be too much for anyone who doesn't know the code very well.

Thanks for the reply, the big problem is that my knowledge in php and mysql are just the basics. I wish I had someone to help me in this matter if it's something easy and not too much work to accomplish what I want.

sorry..i was to quick on the trigger...the add-on i linked to is to enable adding product prices individually in different currencies.

I have read an old archived post where someone wrote "You would have to modify your categories.php to store a different currency with each product and then also the currency class." and probably have to be made some changes to the database ... to add an extra field to store the second currency of each product ... but I do not know if it's hard or not made ​​those changes, or if the logic is good

You would need to modify;

- the categories page to only make a "flag" to say if the product being added/edited is to default to RON or EUR.

- the product page to get the value and display the price

If you cannot do this, and it does not already exist, then try the commercial forum. Just because you ask for quotes does not mean you have to go ahead, and if you do go ahead you are free to share the code created with all the other users of osCommerce. It's how osCommerce grows and evolves.

Archived