• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

When I Add a Product, Preview Leads to Not Found Page

ren3784

My OSCommerce installation was fine until today, I was adding some new products and I pressed the preview button. Instead of showing the preview of the new title, photo and description so that I can enter the product into the system, I was sent to a Not Found page on my website frontend not the backend/admin. When I press the back button, I am sent back to the product entry page, but everything in the fields are blank, even if the product had already been entered before or was new.

Does anyone know what is wrong with this? I've changed nothing code-wise since my last product addtion, which was yesterday. This happened before but it fixed itself, but this time I need to get products up.

I don't mind entering it directly into the database, but I have a lot of products and non-technical people who enter product descriptions for me. My error log is empty as well.

--

Gena Heyward

<Web Designer | Lite Programmer>

@@ren3784

I would suggest that you have mistakenly uploaded the wrong configure.php file into the /admin/includes/ sub-directory or have errors in that file.

Chris

@@ren3784

Another thing, you are using an older version of osCommerce. V2.3.x does not have a preview button at all. So, with that in mind, you may want to see if your hosting provider has updated the server software as well.

Chris

Thansk for your reply!

How can I see if I have errors in this file, there's no error logs anywhere? I guess I can download a zip of the same OSC and look in there...

We're getting rid of OSCommerce within the month, I'm sure the newer one is better but we've already started with another shop. But for other clients who want to use OSC, is the update easy thru cPanel or something, or do they have to reinstall the entire shop and import products?

--

Gena Heyward

@@ren3784

osCommerce is NOT really for new programmers. I suggest that if you don't have at least an intermediate amount of PHP experience that you find a simpler cart to offer your clients. Upgrades are manual, meaning you make code changes and database upgrades, this requires some skill. If you lack that skill, you should refer your osCommerce clients to more experienced developers.

Chris

ps. Check the error log in your hosting account. But more than likely, you set up the cart incorrectly, check the two configure.php files to ensure the actual path is correct.

I'm not a new programmer, I just definitely wanted to make it easier for myself since users want their sites back up as quick as possible, Hehe... besides there's always been something wrong with OSC for this website...

However, like I said before, I haven't touched any files in a good while, and this site has been fine for at least two years. Also, the version check says its v2.3.3....

In the error log in the hosting that shows is:

[Thu Jun 06 16:03:04 2013] [error] [client xx.xxx.xxx.xxx] File does not exist: /home/xxx/public_html/shop/admin/includes/additional_images.js, referer: http://www.xxx.com/shop/admin/categories.php?cPath=38&action=new_product

When I downloaded a fresh install of 2.3.3, there is no additional_images.js in this location. I also haven't used the additional images feature ever before. When I look at the add-on's zip file online, there doesn't seem to be any file for this .js, but it references it. So the file seems non-existant.

....?

--

Gena Heyward

Hi Renee,

Strange V2.33 has only been released for about a year ??

It would require quite a lot of modification to install on a 2.3 version

Additional Images Module

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1032

here you would have an ...admin/ includes/additional_images.js ........it is part of the package !!!

There is no additional_images.js in a normal install of 2.3.. an

so all in all a bit confusing!!

sounds to me you are using an older rc2 version.

Check you application_top.php about line 30 to find your version.

Regards

Joli

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

Archived