• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Canadian OSCommerce and paypal issues

opiate

Hi there,

I have the same version of a site across 3 countries. It works fine in 2 but in Canada there is an issue with people going through to paypal from the site. Every setting on the payment module and in paypal is identical to the other 2 countries.

Here's comments I got from people who tried to buy:

" I tried to purchase yesterday, but for some reason, the PayPal wouldn't accept my billing address and/or postal code. Do you know what might be the cause for that? "

" I think your connection to paypal is broken now.

I was getting an error that my postal code was wrong "

" When I check out I get an error in PayPal because my address does not match the Paypal address. I think it's because there is no Province listed in your address checkboxes at checkout. "

Up til now I've been sending invoices manually which works but we're missing so many sales I really need to fix it.

As the last comment says, there's no province listed in the boxes to fill in on the address section.

Would someone please be able to inform me how to insert 'province' into the address section ?

Thanks in advance.

@@opiate

The Province would have to be changed to state or just amend the text definition to State/ Province. Also, Canadian postal codes are 6 digits long and sometimes people add a space in the middle of them such as N9A 1Z1, so ensure the maximum value for Postal code is 7, not 6.

Chris

Archived