• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

What's New On Manufacturers 'Page'

Hi,

I am trying to have a module that allows me to have a "Whats New" type list at the bottom of the page in the manufacturers 'Page'

I.E. When you select a manufacturer from the dropdown list in the box you get a list of all iof thier products. I want to add a "Whats New by 'Manufacturer X'" part at the bottom of the page like there is in the index page.

Here is a mockup:

mockup.gif

I am learning on the fly and think I'll be able to create the module I want by converting the "New Products" module, but I dont know where I need to add the call to this module... On the index page they have this code:

include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS);

I assume I need to use something similar to call up the module, BUT WHERE DO I PUT IT??? as far as I can tell, there is no manufacturers page, the page is just an extension of the index page. Can any one give me a prod in the right direction?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Look further down the index.php file.

find:

include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_PRODUCT_LISTING);

Then you will want something like:

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id']) && !empty($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {
include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS);
}

However, this is just the start, you will need to either modify the new_products.php file to select only the data by manufacturers_id WHERE manufacturers_id == $HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'];

OR

It may be easier for you to copy the current new products module, rename it, then modify it for exclusive use in this area.

Follow the community build:

BS3 to osCommerce Responsive from the Get Go!

Check out the new construction:

Admin Gone to Total BS!

Archived