• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help: New Here and Code Trouble!

AMCSyl

Hi everyone, I am hoping someone can help me here. I am using an old version of oscommerce (2.2 MS2 I believe). I started out looking for a way to change my credit card field so that it would put spaces between the 4 digits instead of jamming everything together which made it too difficult to read. I found an old post from someone on this forum showing which codes to switch out and it seemed easy enough and when I did that, I no longer have a page when I click on orders! I've been playing with it for more than two hours to no avail. What I screwed up is the catalog/admin/orders.php code. It must be something to do with the spacing of the characters or something that is off because I cut and pasted exactly what someone else had put on the site and when it didn't work, I cut and pasted back in the original which I had saved on notepad. At this point when I go into oscommerce and hit orders, I get a blank page - no error messages or anything. Would it help just to cut and paste in the entire orders.php code? Does someone have this or can I somehow restore the oscommerce to a previous date? HELP! Thanks in advance for any assistance!!

Thanks, Nick, for your quick response! I followed the link you posted above but couldn't seem to find anything similar to my situation. The thread (with two comments) was about something else. Forgive me if I'm being daft, but I'm not finding a solution. I actually have no problem going on my website and making and order. I still have the fields to enter credit card information and it tells me my order was placed successfully, but when I go to OSCommerce to retrieve my order, there is just a blank page on when I hit the orders button. After I searched online, I found a person with a similar problem who had tried to change a code and screwed it up and someone had pasted the entire code for that section for them which had restored things properly. Only problem was that their code was completely different to what mine was so I couldn't use any of that help. Anyway, I am wondering if anyone has the same version of OSCommerce as mine, could paste their whole code for the orders.php section. Maybe I can just restore mine that way. Thanks again, and sorry if I am not seeing what I am supposed to in the above link.

By the way, I wasn't confident of my version of OSCommerce that I mentioned in the first post. Just to confirm, it is Version 2.2-MS2, PHP version 5.1.6. It's pretty old. Thanks again...

The whole point of the link was that you should not be using the cc module!!!! It is illegal. Its security is very poor, and you will not pass a PCI-DSS audit. It was removed from osC 2.3 because it was not supposed to be used in production, only as a code sample, but stores were using it to collect credit card data.

Your merchant account generally will not allow you to collect credit card numbers and enter them into an in-store POS system. Don't even think about doing that.

Now, if you're using something else, provided by your payment gateway provider, and don't like the format, you'll have to take it up with them to get it changed.

Thanks for clarifying that Mr. Phil. I had no idea about it being an unsecure procedure. I wasn't even trying to store card numbers or v-codes, just put some spaces between the card number as it appears on the order form. Anyway, my webmaster helped me out. She had access to the same version of OSCommerce on another of her machines and was able to reinstate the code to its original state. Turns out, I had a problem with some of the spacing when I tried to paste the original code back in. Thanks for explaining though, and I have learned one thing through all of this; if you want to try and change code (especially when you don't know what you're doing) ALWAYS copy the whole original code to a safe place so if things go wrong, you can just cut the bad one out and paste back the right one. Better yet, leave something alone if you don't know what your doing! ;)

Archived