• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Lost some emails with credit card numbers. How to resend or retrieve?

oldford

My inbox filled up overnight and so some of my "Extra Order Info" emails didn't make it to me. I've had some since so I know the system is working properly. I just need to find out how to retrieve those missing orders.

Is there any way to have those ""Extra Order Info" emails resent? Or is there a way to retrieve those CC numbers by looking at the database?

I know I can contact those customers directly, but I'd rather not if there's a better way.

Thanks!

@@oldford

Is there any way to have those ""Extra Order Info" emails resent? Or is there a way to retrieve those CC numbers by looking at the database?

Did you know that you are probably breaking the law by storing credit card information in your database and by manually processing it ?

If I recall, there is no way to have the emails resent anyway. That credit card module was NEVER supposed to be used for a production site.

Chris

You should not be using this payment module, it is not meant for real transactions on a real store, it is just for testing purposes.

It don't even exist in the latest osCommerce version

However, to your question, there is no way to retrieve the cc card details you lost, and that is good so. If you could retrieve them, then a hacker could do the same

No, I was not aware. I didn't even realize it was a payment module. I assumed it was a normal part of osCommerce. I appreciate the info.

So what is the proper proceedure for accepting credit card orders using osCommerce?

@@oldford

Use an online payment processor, or a Pay Flow module provided to you by your bank. In either case, you should never see / print/ retain any part of the customers credit card information. Also, an SSL is a must. (my personal opinion)

Chris

Archived