• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

skin/theme template recomendations

benny2012

looking for a theme / skin, whats everyone using or recommend.

i have posted in commercial support , but in this topic i want other oscommerce users recommendations, hope this is allowed.

most import are templates that fully work with oscommerce.

look forward to some replies and thanks in advance.

@@benny2012

osCommerce templates have been in the past, complete osCommerce stores with an integrated template. NOT just a template. With the emergence of v2.3.x, templates have become 'lighter' in that only a minimum number of files are altered to layout the template onto the store.

You can also theme your cart using Theme Roller. Theme roller is just that a theme, not really a template and therefore, in my opinion not as good looking. There are also commercial products that allow users to create templates ( I am sure George will provide more information if you ask him).

So, if you buy a commercial template, ensure it is v2.3.3. If you use theme roller, you are changing the colors and backgrounds, but you are not changing layout (usually).

Chris

@@Chris

thanks for the reply, i looked at theme roller but yes its just visual,

i need things like full width, rolling images etc

i have checked commercial support/ partners templates, but being honest, they dont appear modern , i would go as far to say stock actually looks better,

where are all the good templates hiding lol

@@benny2012

You can google for templates. But, remember to choose one that is v2.3.3. Also, commercial templates, although they are visually more appealing, they sometimes alter some core file coding so adding contributions to them may be a little trickier.

Chris

Archived