Jump to content
  • Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problem moving site from local system to hosting server


swimszoots

Recommended Posts

Hi Everyone,

 

I have been very happy to find osCommerce and have quickly developed a decent looking shop. I've done all the work locally on my Mac and am using MAMP to run the site. Everything seems to work like a charm.

 

Needing to move the site to my real host on 1&1, I took the following steps:

  • Used phpMyAdmin to export the database
  • Imported the export to the database on my 1&1 account
  • Deleted the install folder
  • Modified both configure.php files to contain the proper database connection settings for the remote site
  • Zipped up the catalog folder
  • Uploaded the zip file to the server at 1&1
  • Unpacked the files so now all site files are residing in /catalog/*

So now I can go to www.<site-name>.com/catalog and, happily, there is my site with all the products I've so far loaded when working locally.

 

The problem is that when I try to access the admin page, www.<site-name>.com/catalog/admin, and attempt to log in, I get the following error:

 

 

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

 

I'm thinking that it has to be something in my /catalog/admin/includes/configure.php file that I didn't change correctly. I'm using the same database server credentials as the catalog configuration so I don't think it's that.

 

Also, once that fails, I need to clear my browser cache in order to re-attempt the log in. Is there some way I can disable that for my domain?

 

In general, is there a general procedure to be followed when moving a site?

 

Thanks in advance for any help!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@@swimszoots

 

The ACTUAL path has to be changed as well. Also, I suggest truncating the action_recorder, Sessions and Cache database tables. The /admin/.htaccess file may also cause the error but in MOST common installations, it would just contain the most common statements.

 

 

 

Chris

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@@Chris

 

Thanks for the reply. I guess I'm not quite sure what the actual path should be. Here are the first several lines of definitions:

 

 

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.luna-tique.com');
define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http:/www.luna-tique.com');
define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://www.luna-tique.com');
define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'false');
define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/catalog/');
define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/catalog/admin/');
define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/catalog/admin/');
define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/catalog/');
define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/catalog/');

 

I've tried several different variations on a number of these parameters, always with the same result.

 

For comparison, here are some of the parameters for the catalog page:

 

 

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://luna-tique.com');
define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'http://luna-tique.com');

define('ENABLE_SSL', false);
define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');
define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');
define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/catalog/');
define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/catalog/');
define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/catalog/');
define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/catalog/');
define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

 

And this is my .htaccess file:

 

 

<Files *.php>
Order Deny,Allow
Deny from all
</Files>

 

Anything stick out to you?

 

Thanks again!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is the HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER really http:/ ? That would be a problem, although I'm not sure it would cause a 500 error.

 

Unfortunately, the 500 Error is kind of a catch-all for "something went wrong". One thing to check would be command lines in your .htaccess and/or php.ini files that are valid on your MAMP server but invalid on the production server (e.g., use of php_value or php_flag). Also check if while editing PHP files, if any ended up with an empty line at the beginning or end. See http://www.catskilltech.com/freeSW/SMF/faqs/index.html#err500 .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In case anyone has a similar problem and finds this post:

 

I solved this by rerunning the installation on the server and then uploading my local changes to the site. Not sure what was different since I had made the appropriate changes to the admin/includes/configure.php file manually without success.

 

Anyway, all good now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I know you solved this now, but in case it helps in the future or someone else. I think the problem may have been caused by some of the file or folder permissions not being set correctly. When I migrated my local testing site from Windows to Unix I had the same problem. I assumed I had configured my server wrong, so I did a test with a clean install in another directory, which worked fine. I changed my permissions on the migrated site to match those of the clean one and everything was resolved.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...