Jump to content
  • Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Added Module not showing up in Admin


egims

Recommended Posts

I am using osCommerce 2.3.3

 

I have added the add-on: Subcategory Links v. 1.2.0 to my osCommerce store. Adding it was easy and straight forward. After adding it the final thing to do is:

 

Go to Admin->Modules->SubCategory Links

Click Install Module

Click SubCategory Links then Install Module

Click Edit to chose your settings

 

However, the SubCategory LInks module is not listed in my admin. I looked inside the:

 

catalog/includes/modules

 

. . .directory and the module directory "subcategory_links" is present. It simply is not showing up in the osCommerce, modules admin area so that I can select and install it.

 

Why would this be??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

B) Well, 87 views and no replies kind of tells me that none of you have any idea why this would happen either??

 

I think my chance of getting the problem resolved must be pretty small. Not an encouraging circumstance. :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not familiar with this addon, but for modules in general, there should not be a directory named subcategory_links in the modules directory. There should be a file named subcategory_links.php or something of that sort.

 

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you for your reply. I genuinely appreciate it. Well, here is an idea of what files were added, and where:

 

New Files:

 

catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/modules/cfg_modules/cfgm_subcategory_links.php

catalog/admin/includes/modules/cfg_modules/cfgm_subcategory_links.php

catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/subcategory_links/subcategory_links.php

catalog/includes/modules/subcategory_links/subcategory_links.php

 

The only file requiring modification was: catalog/index.php

 

The modification was easy. All I should need to do at this point is install the module, but can't because none shows up to install. I'm baffled.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That should work. You may need to reload the admin page, or navigate to a new page, to see the new entry in the Modules section. Sometimes the Admin is stubborn and you have to log out, close the browser, then restart and try again. When it works, you should see a new entry for Subcategory Links (or something like that) under Modules in the left column.

 

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you Jim. I have discovered the problem, which was entirely a mistake on my part. My admin directory has been renamed, and I did not therefore upload the necessary files to the correct admin location. After doing so I was able to see the module, and install it.

 

;) Only problem now is that it does not seem to be working. No errors, just no change whatsoever. Isn't it true that the little things can turn out to gobble up the most time?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As I said above, I'm not an expert on this addon. It seems simple enough. I would check the changes to /index.php as that is the most likely place for an error.

 

If you can't figure it out, I would try contacting the author of that addon (click his username in the addons section) and ask him to look at this thread.

 

As for the little things, there is an old programmer's rule: "The first 90% of the job takes up the first 90% of the time allocated, and the remaining 10% takes up the remaining 90% of the time." And so it goes.

 

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...