• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shopping cart stopped working after working properly

DesertCoder

Hello All,

I did an installation of 2.3.3 for a client and only did basic mods to the appearance of the site.

The shopping cart worked perfectly, I was able to test transactions all the way through, the store worked like a charm.

Then the client contacts me last night and says the shopping cart doesn't work, and I know from testing the store last week that all was well. It was at that time I handed it over to the client. So I checked, and as I was told, the cart will not accept new items...period. It also doesn't remember my cart contents when I log in to my account.

So after lots of research, I'm getting the feedback that it's a session issue. Thing is, my client is not a programmer, they have decent knowledge of using a computer but that's about it. I have no idea what they may have changed and if they did change something to mess up the cart, they don't seem to remember what it was.

Neat, huh?

So to clarify:

Unless someone who was a coder got into the client's server and changed code, we can rule that one out.

My account I use for testing the store does not reflect items I had (and leave) in the cart for testing transactions.

Add to cart buttons do nothing but take me to the shopping_cart.php file straight away.

This is obviously a sessions issue, but this means the client must have changed something and I have no idea where to look.

Here are the sessions settings in the Configurations tab:

Session Directory /path/to/the/website.com/store(I changed this from catalog)/includes/work/

Force Cookie Use False

Check SSL Session ID False

Check User Agent False

Check IP Address False

Prevent Spider Sessions True

Recreate Session True

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm going to have to grill the client now to see if I can jog their memory as to what they may have changed.

Cheers,

DesertCoder

@@burt Yes, it is very possible. the client is 'renting' space on someone's server and that someone could very well have something to do with it, or maybe it's the host.

HOWEVER, if the host modified something, I need to know what sort of modification would affect the cart/sessions in this manner.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Cheers,

DesertCoder

@j.vegis Yes, actually, I read your post before posting this one. I understand people suggesting to check the config file and other files, but neither I nor the client has modified any code. The client isn't a coder anyway. So that leaves me, and I certainly have done nothing, I handed over the store last week and went on to other projects. So it's either someone with server access doing something malicious, or the host made a change, or the client screwed something up.

Again, if a host made a change, WHAT sort of change would affect the store like this?

Cheers,

DesertCoder

@@DesertCoder

if a host made a change, WHAT sort of change would affect the store like this?

Database software, PHP versions......a developer would know this.

Chris

For those of you who actually want to help and not act like condescending individuals, here's the info from the Server Information page of the Tools tab in admin:

Server OS: Linux 2.6.35.4-natnet-20100830-p4 Database: MySQL 5.0.51a-24+lenny4-log Server Date: 2013-05-09 16:15:56 -0700 PDT Database Date: 2013-05-09 16:15:56 Server Up Time: 16:15:57 up 21 days, 2:31, 2 users, load average: 0.61, 1.04, 1.28 pixel_trans.gifHTTP Server: Apache/2.2.9 (Debian) PHP/5.2.6-1+lenny9 with Suhosin-Patch mod_ssl/2.2.9 OpenSSL/0.9.8g prxp_module/1.12.6 PHP Version: 5.2.6-1+lenny9 (Zend: 2.2.0)

Many thanks!

Cheers,

DesertCoder

@@DesertCoder

Sorry, It just becomes tiresome when so called professionals come onto the forum and ask for help from the real professionals. It's my personal opinion that if someone is offering professional osCommmerce services, then that person should NOT be on this forum asking for assistance. THAT person should already know EVERYTHING about osCommerce and have a VERY good understanding of server configuration and relevant server software.

However, if by chance a 'professional' does require help from a real professional than that 'professional' should PAY for that help. So, feel free to submit a support ticket and pay for the help required to correct the issue.

Chris

@@DunWeb Wow, you're really hung on yourself, aren't you? Does it make you feel good to be so condescending? Do you remember what it was like when you started out? Did you like being talked down to by someone who thought they were above everyone else?

This, last time I checked, was OPEN SOURCE software. You may have forgotten that this means PEOPLE HELP EACH OTHER and contribute.

Not all of us are like you and born with Divine Wisdom.

Some of us are here to learn and share. You need to check the attitude.

Archived