• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

HybridAuth

@@rabon33

Why would anyone want to use that in their osCommerce store ?

Chris

maybe by the same reason, which a lot of sites are using social login system i.e but no limited

AND MANY MANY MORE... maybe they are wrong!!! hehehe

@@rabon33

My question was.......why would you want to use it on your OSCOMMERCE site ? osCommerce is an ecommerce solution, not a forum, or blog.

Chris

maybe this could give son insight.

Anyone who has bought anything online is well-aware of the dreaded “please log-in” page. Seriously, how many times have I entered my first name, last name, address, phone number, and email, and password? Two things are inevitable: I ALWAYS get an error message as I try to submit because I miss one of the required fields and I ALWAYS have to click on “forgot password” when I try to log back in. Just another reason to shop somewhere else.

A new wave has come in to the ecommerce world to help people become less frustrated when this happens. How big of a wave is it? That’s a good question.

Social Sign-Ins are just starting to get attention from online retailers and consumers (like me) by enabling customers to log-in to a website using their social media log-in credentials, such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, or Yahoo rather than registering with that site separately.

For retailers, this should be something to consider when trying to decide if your registration process is helping or hurting sales:

• Social Sign-Ins allow customers to bypass the tedious registration process, hopefully decreasing bounce rate on registration pages.
  • Social Sign-Ins allow retailers to continue to market to your customers using personalized content and promotions.
  • Some retailers think a registered user is more likely to purchase which makes the registration portion of a site even that more critical.
  • Social Sign-Ins using Facebook Connect give retailers an enormous amount of information about their audience- their age, gender, location, etc.

A report from eMarketer states the 18% of online retailers have implemented social sign-ins for their visitors by August 2010. However, another 18% reported were in the process of implementing one, and 32% planned to implement one in the next 12-24 months. So, what do you think? Do you, as a consumer, find these Social Sign-Ins as helpful as I do? Guess only time will tell.

Sara Doudt

also the social login is akin to Paypal, why is so popular?... among the main reasons is no need for the customer to enter all the credit info over a over again each time that he makes a purchase... have you heard about the patented one click amazon order process.... think about that.

maybe some people do not have social login credentials or Paypal, Amazon etc... but currently most...

@@rabon33

Ok, I guess good to some degree, but I can't help but wonder what WILL happen when someone hacks facebook.....goes online and makes purchases using stored credit card or PayPal information ? I see a HUGE security risk by using such log in scripts. Also, the development of v2.3.3 included increased security measures to prevent hacks and in my opinion, using such a script would just be going back 2 steps.

JMO

Chris

wonder what WILL happen when someone hacks facebook.....goes online and makes purchases using stored credit card or PayPal information ? I see a HUGE security risk by using such log in scripts.

yes it sounds scary... anyway a lot of big sites are using social login. my grand father also says that he does not use internet because is full of scam, pishing etc.... but my father says that everythinh is evolution. :thumbsup:

You could subcontract somebody in freelancer to do this for you (maybe a Chinnese coder) you can get it done for $10, by a Chinnese coder

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

You could subcontract somebody in freelancer to do this for you (maybe a Chinnese coder) you can get it done for $10, by a Chinnese coder

thats is a good idea!, but before, I want to know if somebody has had any experience with HybridAuth; you know this is a forum...

• 1 month later...

Archived