• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Transfer OSCommerce site to new server

huwd

Have recently been asked to take over a site for a friend. I have not dealt with OSCommerce before so have no experience with it. I have transferred the site and database to my server and updated includes/config.php and admin/includes/config.php. The site loads but if you click on a category the homepage just realods and does not display the category and if you click on a product it can not find the product.

Also when I tried to access the admin area it was completely unprotected. Instead of taking me to the login page as it used to I could access everything without having to log in. I have completely restricted access to the directory for now until this can be fixed but obviously I will need to be able to use the admin section.

Unfortunately I have no idea what version of oscommerce it is but I believe the site was originally created about 2006.

Can view it for yourself at www.ukshaolintemple.com/catalog

Any ideas what might be wrong.

On further examination of the original site I have determined that there was built in authenication system for the admin area and that it used basic authentication configured on the server. I have now set this up and seems to be working.

Looking at the admin area suggests that although all the product categories are there it can not find any products. However when I look at the database in myphpadmin the products table has hundreds of rows.

Any thoughts why the shop can't find them?

@@huwd

I suggest looking at the .htaccess file as I would guess that SEO URL's is installed on the site and the .htaccess file now has an incorrect path because of the new server. If that fails, empty the cache and try again.

Chris

Don't think it is using SEO URLs. There's no mention of it in the .htaccess file and the urls for different products and categories all display querystring urls.

It does seem weird that the site can find the categories but not the products.

@@huwd

Check the admin area for SEO URL under the configuration section. Also check (under the configuration section) MY STORE to ensure that 'Enable Search engine safe URL's is set to FALSE.

Chris

Archived