• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Catalog Admin screen not accessing the CSS

I recently installed osc 2.3.3 and am having trouble with the admin layout. I have removed and reinstalled the catalog several times, carefully following the installation instructions. However, the admin screen appears to be nothing more than one column of links to the various sections. I believe, according to illustrations in the installation manual, there is supposed to be a nice default layout. Obviously, I am missing something to have that screen.

Please help me get off of "dead center".

Thank you very much!

Don

The admin css for the left column is from the ext/jquery/ui/redmond/jquery-ui-1.8.22.css file so i would look at your other posts and see why the css is not working.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

@@DonStone

If your current admin screen looking like this:

post-211496-0-36683000-1367504342_thumb.jpg

And you know it should look like this:

post-211496-0-46859600-1367504367_thumb.jpg

Then your /admin/includes/configure.php file is incorrect. See this example

post-211496-0-07863800-1367504407_thumb.jpg

Chris

:thumbsup: A picture is worth a thousand words

@@DonStone

If your current admin screen looking like this:

post-211496-0-36683000-1367504342_thumb.jpg

And you know it should look like this:

post-211496-0-46859600-1367504367_thumb.jpg

Then your /admin/includes/configure.php file is incorrect. See this example

post-211496-0-07863800-1367504407_thumb.jpg

Chris

:thumbsup: A picture is worth a thousand words

Thank you very much for your help! However, my configure.php is correct. But... Yesterday, I had a similar problem with the front end and was told to remove the .htaccess from the EXT folder. I removed it and now the front end displays the proper default layout. Therefore, I tried removing the .htaccess from catalog/admin/includes and now the admin has the proper default layout.

I do not understand why the .htaccess files cause these problems but at least removing them make the catalog and admin screens display their correct default layouts. Possibly they need some kind of editing for our particular server. I'll contact my hosting guy and ask about it.

Any ideas?

Thanks again,

Don

@@DonStone

That is an unusual resolution to the problem. I have never come across an .htaccess file that effect the stylesheet.css layout. I am at a loss for suggestions.

Chris

Do you have anything in the .htaccess barring access to (reading) the .css files, such as hotlink protection, or "deny from" statements? Unless there is sensitive information in the .htaccess file, could you list it here?

Do you have anything in the .htaccess barring access to (reading) the .css files, such as hotlink protection, or "deny from" statements? Unless there is sensitive information in the .htaccess file, could you list it here?

Here it is----

# $Id$

#

# This is used with Apache WebServers

# The following blocks direct HTTP requests in this directory recursively

#

# For this to work, you must include the parameter 'Limit' to the AllowOverride configuration

#

# Example:

#

#<Directory "/usr/local/apache/htdocs">

# AllowOverride Limit

#

# 'All' with also work. (This configuration is in your apache/conf/httpd.conf file)

#

# This does not affect PHP include/require functions

#

# Example: http://server/catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php will not work

<Files *.php>

Order Deny,Allow

Deny from all

</Files>

Thanks for your help!

Don

Had a problem recently where a server said I had to remove Options -Indexes from the various htaccess files

Removed the server instead and changed hosts :P

Regards

Joli

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

<Files *.php>

Order Deny,Allow

Deny from all

</Files>

That should keep anyone (including you) from accessing PHP files in that directory. Do you have any PHP files in there which should be accessible? It shouldn't affect .css files, at any rate.

Hi Don,

show us a working /catalog/ext/.htaccess from your server really did have a problem recently with a server / host where I was asked to remove all .htaccess files as I said just moved host as I seen the removal of various .htaccess as a security risk.

Maybe wrong so .suppose depends on the individual host !!

Got the images working again and the jquery but thought :wacko:

I just moved server was to strange for me hard enough to keep a site software secure without a server mixing in who has probably never looked at it.

Regards

Joli

PS: Really can not remember anymore but think it was to do with Options -Indexes being not being allowed by the host

More likely the host was configured to forbid all Options commands. That's ridiculous, as Options -Indexes is basic security, to keep nosy visitors from snooping around your directories. Anyway, that particular one is easy to get around, by dropping an index.html in those directories (without an index.php) that just says, "Whatcha lookin' at, butthead?". Or even better, put up a fake "index" screen with "files" like "my credit card numbers.txt" and "account passwords.txt" and watch the fun as they try to look at them. I would ask the host if they have a good technical reason for banning Options, and if they can't give a legitimate one, find another host.

Thanks to all for the thoughts and help. By taking the ,htaccess out make it all work just fine so I have to live with it.

Regards, Don

Archived